Map Errors in my Town (Limone sul Garda)

DaddaisDaddais Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
edited January 25 in Archived Discussions
Dear Tomtom staff,
In my town a lot of tourists, while following the navigator's suggestions,they get in the same trouble. While cruising the main road (IV Novembre), they turn left and get in a small street, (Via Rovina) and then some of them burns the friction, while the others are getting stuck (big cars or campers).

Anyway I inserted the right information in the "Map share", but I did an error, I used the "unblock" instead of "block" in one of the reports. I didn't get the way to remove it. But the others are right. This is enough or I need to do other "things" to correct this situation?

Thanks a lot,
Francesco

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 35,979 Superusers
    If you feel like, you can report it again and in the comment you can put the report ID of the incorrect one and say that one is incorrect. Also the success of the report also depends on the users. Are they all using TomTom? Are they all using the latest maps? If you are talking about campers and maybe trucks/vans, are they using the right device? Anyhow, reporting it is the best you could do, the rest is down to the users of those satnavs.
  • DaddaisDaddais Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Dear Zsolt,
    You are right. The incorrect one is this:
    d42ce700-cf97-4f14-9cd5-50230f0ab47a

I don't know if they are using TomTom, I'm just correcting this problem in TomTom, Garmin and Googlemaps. I beleive the problem is each navigation system, so let's start with something.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    :?:?
    The whole area is already blocked (also Pedestrian area).

1f21a430-d592-401f-8139-ab2f0476f439.jpg
    ps: and sorry for my average english :D

[email protected] ok, but they go always inside! I mean that garmin will never suggest to go inside the town?
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Indeed, these closures are not yet on devices... perhaps with the next update (published soon :?).
    EthoZ wrote:
    Indeed, these closures are not yet on devices... perhaps with the next update (published soon :?).
    Nothing has changed in map version 975. :(

4bb73a97-ceb5-4259-9970-ae510d43defe.jpg
    thanks for showing that map.
    That's exactly our problem. That route is not allowed, and leads cars to problems.
    Please fix the maps...

Thanks in advance
  • FandangoFandango Posts: 215 [Supreme Navigator]
    TT is quite slow in implementing map modifications. The "accepted" status in TT Reporter does not mean they will be implemented in the next map update...
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 35,979 Superusers
    The good news is that they are aware already. The MyDrive site uses their new NDS maps. However it is not available yet for the PNDs and the apps, but was told that it will be rolled out in due course. But the fact that it is in their new database means that it should appear soon in another map version, maybe in v980 or v985...unless they roll out the new NDS maps earlier to the NAV4 platform.
  • MvanAkenMvanAken Posts: 459 TomTom Employee
    In our current map format (TT Classic) private roads are processed into No Through roads. No Through roads are not used in route calculation, unless the beginning or destination of the route is on a No Through road. In NDS maps this will be different, but I'm not privy to how the implementation is being designed.
    This year a camper, (I don't know what they were thinkin, anyway) closed the road, was stuck in the walls, like the picture attached (this is not our road, just an example... but the size of the street is same).

So everything will be fine! If I understood well, we just need to wait.

Thanks a lot for help!
  • davahaddavahad Posts: 67 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Daddais wrote:
    This year a camper, (I don't know what they were thinkin, anyway) closed the road, was stuck in the walls, like the picture attached (this is not our road, just an example... but the size of the street is same).

So everything will be fine! If I understood well, we just need to wait.

Thanks a lot for help!

You will be waiting a long time as they give the same answer here to everyone. I did a simple Mapshare Correction 30 months ago and Zsolt and Mikkok said it has been added to the maps and it would be in 975 maps. 975 Maps loaded on my phone and still not fixed. Can you guess their next response? Wait till 980 or 985 and check back then and it still will not be fixed. All other mapping software has the correct address. For some reason Tomtom does not update their maps or is unable to update their maps.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/map-quality-75/mapshare-report-accepted-feb-3-2014-still-not-update-android-maps-v9305611-836587/index2.html
    that's a shame. really... 30 months? :?

please, i don't want the thing fixed in a week, or in a month... 6 months will be ok.
    But 30 months is more than 2 years... really??
  • davahaddavahad Posts: 67 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Daddais wrote:
    that's a shame. really... 30 months? :?

please, i don't want the thing fixed in a week, or in a month... 6 months will be ok.
    But 30 months is more than 2 years... really??

I opened a support ticket on March 1, 2015 regarding the Mapshare Correction that was accepted and never implemented. It is now August 24, 2016 and the ticket is still open for this Mapshare Correction.

This thread was started on July 1, 2014 for the same issue. The answer they gave me when I first did the correction is it can take 6-9 months and sometimes longer. 30 months is definitely longer.
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/map-quality-75/mapshare-report-accepted-still-not-updated-836587
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online122

DougLap
DougLap
flicks
flicks
Go_520_Newbe
Go_520_Newbe
Hirbel
Hirbel
kumo
kumo