How do I activate the Intuitive Voice Control on VIA 1605? — TomTom Community

How do I activate the Intuitive Voice Control on VIA 1605?

I have a VIA 1605TM.   I want to be able to use the Intuivie Voice Control when inputting new destinations.   When i select Change Route > Change Destination> Address... The cursor goes to the enter city/zipcode field.   There is a icon for a microphone that is grayed out.   How can i activiate or turn on this feature.   

I have been through all the options that I can think of to turn this on.   Please help!!

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,976 Superusers
    Hi

Welcome to the site

Important

For the Voice control (Speak & Go) feature to be available the voice selected must be a voice that speaks street names.

The computer voice (TTS text-to-speech) is required for the unit to repeat (Speak) the instructions back to you. ( Note*** If the computer voice (text-to-speech) is missing see note bellow)

To select a voice that speaks street names,

Tap Settings Menu

Tap Voices

Tap Change voice

Select a voice that speaks street names. ( Note*** If the computer voice (text-to-speech) is missing see note bellow)

Tap Done

Note***

Important: If your device is missing its computer voices (text-to-speech) .

Only the TomTom Support team can make the missing content available for you to download through MyTomTom.

World phone numbers to contact Customer support

[url=https://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/GO-800-1000-2000-Via-Start-20/Phone-numbers-to-contact-Customer-support/td-p/373116"; target="_blank]http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/GO-800-1000-2000-Via-Start-20/Phone-numbers-to-contact-Customer-sup...[/url]

Thanks to User Niall for the phone number info

Other ways to contact TomTom Support

[url=https://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/How-to-use-the-forum/How-to-Contact-support/m-p/292358/highlight/true#M22"; target="_blank]http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/How-to-use-the-forum/How-to-Contact-support/m-p/292358/highlight/tr...[/url]

To turn on Voice control for my Via 120 Live

Tap Settings Menu

Tap Voice control

Tap Enable Voice Control

Tap Back

Tap done

In the UK you can't just say the address you have to drill down through the menus : but I think in other countries you can just say the address.

Tap Microphone Icon

Say "Navigate to an Address"

confirm "Yes"

Say " The required Town/city"

confirm "Yes"

Say " The required street"

confirm "Yes"

Say " The required House Number"

confirm "Yes"

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

My TomTom Voice Control won't let me select a British Voice (there are two but they are grey'd out) the only alternative is a French voice...

Please advise!
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,213 Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
  • worldrangerworldranger Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    The thing's battery is fried so it does this every time - every time I power it on it does the drums.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,213 Superusers
    Call support then:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

A poor battery shouldn't result in a drum reset every time device is turned on. There are plenty of videos on the net about how to replacce the battery in that model.
  • worldrangerworldranger Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    device does not charge - at all - the battery is at 0% no matter how long it's charged for.

I've ordered a new battery and will see how that helps.