Error updating content and downloading Routes in TomTom HOME — TomTom Community

Error updating content and downloading Routes in TomTom HOME

PipereedPipereed Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
I have been trying to download a route on my Rider v3 for days.
Ive also tried sounds and POI's with the same result.
*I have tried resetting the unit.
*Restoring the unit.
*Turning off Antivirus before downloading from TOMTOM home
*Tomtom home and files cleaned from the PC then reinstalled.
here are screen grabs of the error and my rider version.

TOMTOM home version 2.9.91.411

please can you help. The unit isn't just for Pleasure uses. Its used when I ride voluntary for my Local Blood Bike Group, so its paramount its able to be updated.

thanks

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,210 Superusers
    Call support to assist:
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • PipereedPipereed Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
    Anyone know how to fix it? They're telling me to pay £59 to update my Maps.. Now I asked if that would definitely fix it. They said it might fix the problem. I'm not paying them £59 for it NOT to fix it.
  • justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,094 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Pipereed wrote:
    Anyone know how to fix it? They're telling me to pay £59 to update my Maps.. Now I asked if that would definitely fix it. They said it might fix the problem. I'm not paying them £59 for it NOT to fix it.

I can't help BUT to say don't be fooled into thinking a new map will fix this cos it won't!
    Mind you, a v900 map dates from way back in Nov-2012!

I've just check on another NAV2 device which has the latest v970 map installed and get the same error so it has bugger-all to do with map versions as suspected and is more likely that TT have withdrawn this (and obviously many other) "community" supplied routes but forgot to remove them from their download lists!

Mind you, I'm not really surprised if this has been removed as it was actually last updated 30-Sep-2009!
    Pipereed wrote:

I can't help BUT to say don't be fooled into thinking a new map will fix this cos it won't!
    Mind you, a v900 map dates from way back in Nov-2012!

I've just check on another NAV2 device which has the latest v970 map installed and get the same error so it has bugger-all to do with map versions as suspected and is more likely that TT have withdrawn this (and obviously many other) "community" supplied routes but forgot to remove them from their download lists!

Mind you, I'm not really surprised if this has been removed as it was actually last updated 30-Sep-2009!

Thanks for the reply.
    After spending hours on other Satnav/GPS forums. This subject is widely discussed in length. Some of their users are under the impression that this last update of TOMTOM Home has blocked "older" units accessing certain services. Some believe its an attempt to claw money from the public. If you're not able to update the unit, you'll just buy a new one. I don't go in for conspiracy theories only facts. Unfortunately, some of the facts are pointing to these theories.
  • justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,094 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I don't think TT are clever enough to have thought of that (but now you've put ideas into their Dutch heads, who knows?)
    I don't think TT are clever enough to have thought of that (but now you've put ideas into their Dutch heads, who knows?)
    No????? OH CRAP!
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi pipereed,

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, there's a technical issue with TomTom HOME due which some customers are not able to add community content to their devices but receive the error message you mention. We're working hard to find a solution to this as soon as possible.

We're very sorry for the inconveniences this causes you!

Cheers, Mikko
    Thanks Mikko,

No inconvenience, just wondering why UK customer service didn't just say it was an issue with Home.

Thanks for your reply Mikko and for the Welcome.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,097 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Pipereed,

If you can please PM me the incident number of your contact to customer support and I'll have a look into it.

Regards,
    lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

Sorry, didn't see the point in continuing with the conversation with the CSR as they didn't know if paying £59 for a map would fix it. Seemed more interested in me buying a new map.
  • yesitsmineyesitsmine Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Yes I had the same told buy map Joke
    I cannot add any thing to my TT XXL at all error error
    Try support again. Maybe 2nd level support this time:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • melaniamelania Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue with my tom tom Go Live 950 - cant add any new POI's
    Get error: we're sorry but home can't complete that task. Please try again later.

In my system info I noticed under POI Patch: False - don't know if this can help anyone to solve this quickly.

Patch format version: 2.4
    Map patch downloads: true
    POI patch downloads: false
    Feedback email address:
    Patches to upload: 0
    POI Subscriptions:

thanks
    Try support tomorrow:

Belgique
    du lundi au vendredi de 09h00 à 17h30

België
    Maandag t/m vrijdag van 09.00 tot 18.00
  • gutozortgutozort Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've been trying to download the Western Europe Bundled Product map. It's available to download on my count. When I try to download, it's always the same error message:

Não é possível acessar esse site

Não foi possível encontrar o endereço DNS do servidor de intershop75.flatns.net.
    Pesquise intershop 75 flatns net INTERSHOP rest WFS TomTom AMER Site orders invoices 95xxxxxxxx no Google
    ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Support might be able to help:

Brasil
    A partir de telefone fixo (grátis) 0800-892-1259
    A partir de celular (aplica-se as taxas de sua operadora) 1147002436
    De Segunda à Sexta-Feira das 07h às 15h
  • TomFizzTomFizz Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Wake up, there is no support for this issue. One month ago Mikko from TomTom Support in the Netherlands stated "We're working hard to find a solution to this as soon as possible" and POI downloading still does not work. Compared to SatNav technology, the downloading and integrating of POIs is relatively very simple, thus there can only be two possible situations: [1] TomTom has nobody of any competence whatsoever in its Support unit or [2] they don't give a toss. As neither bode well for the future and I have always been happy enough with the basic Garmin I carry around as an emergency backup, this very longterm TomTom customer will be moving to Garmin when I next upgrade.
  • hyacintushyacintus Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    i have tried too to update my device XL Iq Routes and i get :
    Component returned failure code:
    0 X 80520015
    NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCES_DENIED
    nsIFile.remove
    What can i do to get my update without this error?
    I am open for any advices!!!
    Hi hyacintus,

Welcome to the forum!

Your issue is different to the one discussed here. Please, see here [support FAQ - Component returned failure] for troubleshooting advice.

Cheers, Mikko
  • gtcbgtcb Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Still getting the error when trying to download voices and images.
    Hi gtcb,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, we still don't have a solution to this or can we expected one in short term. However, there's a workaround available from Customer Service to help you install community content on your device.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this causes you!

Cheers, Mikko

Update: This issue has been resolved :D
  • JemboJembo Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, is there a manual workaround / fix available for this please - am attempting to download routes I previously had stored elsewhere that are now lost?

I purchased a TOMTOM 6100 to find that this & many other features are no longer there, so still need to use my 720 GO when mass POI route planning.

Thank you
    Hi Jembo,

Welcome to the Community!

Some progress has been made on this issue, but unfortunately we don't have a solution to it yet. I also don't have a workaround to offer you.

However, you can import custom POIs to your GO 6100 with MyDrive. The video below should get you started. You can also plan and sync routes with MyDrive.

[video]

For more information and troubleshooting tips for MyDrive, please see this FAQ. There are also plenty of user tips in the topic.

Cheers, Mikko