Lock option on Spark — TomTom Community

Lock option on Spark

Hiking ModeHiking Mode Posts: 8 [New Traveler]
Whats is the Lock feature supposed to do on Spark? did not notice any difference when it is in OFF or ON mode ...

Comments

• Krzysiek17Krzysiek17 Posts: 51 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    If you switch it on and you are in training mode you have to press twice a (left)button to finish the training (if I am correct).
    :)
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,099 Superusers
    Whats is the Lock feature supposed to do on Spark? did not notice any difference when it is in OFF or ON mode ...

Lock adds a delay in pausing an activity. With Lock off, a single left press will pause the activity. With Lock on you need to press and hold for a second, to ensure you meant to pause the activity. Once on the pause screen, another left press and hold will save and exit. This is to ensure that activities are not stopped in error.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • VessVess Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I know this is over a year old but I've only just got my spark 3 today - i have had the lock switched to 'on' and so far accidentally stopped 2 workouts by knocking it left 2 times. So out of curiosity, I swith the lock option to 'off' and it now adds the press and hold left to pause and end a work out - is that normal? I updated the firm fire to the latest one today.
    Vess wrote:
    I know this is over a year old but I've only just got my spark 3 today - i have had the lock switched to 'on' and so far accidentally stopped 2 workouts by knocking it left 2 times. So out of curiosity, I swith the lock option to 'off' and it now adds the press and hold left to pause and end a work out - is that normal? I updated the firm fire to the latest one today.
    That is it but you have it backwards. Lock On gives a long press requirement to pause and save a workout while Lock Off makes it a single press to pause and again to save. There I no reason to not have it with the Lock On, as it is an extra half second of pressing the button.
  • VessVess Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Vess wrote:
    That is it but you have it backwards. Lock On gives a long press requirement to pause and save a workout while Lock Off makes it a single press to pause and again to save. There I no reason to not have it with the Lock On, as it is an extra half second of pressing the button.

Then there must be something wrong with my watch then. I put "lock on" and the the lock is off, I put "lock off" and the lock is on. I was wondering if this is just me and they reversed it by mistake on the latest update or something
    Vess wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Vess wrote:
    Then there must be something wrong with my watch then. I put "lock on" and the the lock is off, I put "lock off" and the lock is on. I was wondering if this is just me and they reversed it by mistake on the latest update or something
    Try a factory reset and see if that fixes it or just remember it is reversed on your watch for some reason.