GO 50- Two devices with same synced destination stop navigating when one arrives — TomTom Community

GO 50- Two devices with same synced destination stop navigating when one arrives

RainorshineRainorshine Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
I have two Tom Tom GO 50's on one account operating in two vehicles. I can upload common My Places - great!, but if both devices are heading for the same destination, when one arrives at the destination, the second device thinks it has also arrived, and stops navigating.
Also if one device then changes destination, the second device also then navigates to the new destination - not the one it is going to!
Do I need to separate the accounts? If so why - does the system allow multiple devices on one account!

Comments

• GEBGEB Posts: 1,370
    Superusers
    Maybe you have used the same name for both ? But anyway this should not happen as each device has a unique serial number :?
  • RainorshineRainorshine Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
    No - the devices are separately named. I note that Tomtom have just done an update which included Big fixes. Maybe this is one!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,475
    Superusers
    I have two Tom Tom GO 50's on one account operating in two vehicles. I can upload common My Places - great!, but if both devices are heading for the same destination, when one arrives at the destination, the second device thinks it has also arrived, and stops navigating.
    Also if one device then changes destination, the second device also then navigates to the new destination - not the one it is going to!
    Do I need to separate the accounts? If so why - does the system allow multiple devices on one account!
    Hi
    How to set up your Tomtom MyDrive Cloud Account/s on your NAV4 Devices
    Users with Multiple NAV4 Devices have two options when setting up their MyDive "Cloud Account" on the device.....
    (A)….. Non-Unified > One global MyDrive cloud account across all NAV4 devices
    The user only has to load the POI’s/Favorites once to the single global Cloud Account, the POI’s/Favorites will sync across all the NAV4 devices

(B)………….. Unified > One MyDrive cloud account for each NAV4 device, each device has a separate (Private) cloud account
    The user is required to load the POI’s/Favorites to each Cloud Account
    See.....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/faq-what-mydrive-and-what-can-i-do-with-it-990620?postid=1038485

ATB YFM
    I have no problem with loading one set of Favourites and POI's across both devices.
    The problem I have is when one device arrives at the destination, the other stops navigating, thinking it has also arrived.
  • canvinhcanvinh Posts: 1,498 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Each device has its own software. They get data from satellites for GPS coordinates and process internally as an independent device. They shouldn't communicate with each other for processing of data.

Thus if one device is set with a destination, and other with another destination, the only device stops navigating should be the one at its destination, i.e. the other would try to show you the route to its destination. There shouldn't be any issue with device name or cloud.

Check with support
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    When both devices are set to the same destination, in two separate vehicles coming from different origins, when one vehicle arrives, the other stops navigating. If the first vehicle then re-sets to 'go home', the second vehicle then also resets to go home, even though it has not yet arrived at the first destination!
    @Rainorshine it is definitely a fault. Unless TT supports this.
    Actually I had been working in many hi-tech products, thus I could handle many technical issues easily.
    I agree,
    I'll ring them tomorrow and see how confused they get with my problem!
    Superusers
    ... or someone is playing with your MyDrive account ...
    Somebody knowing your login/password can easily send whatever destination he wants to your GO ... from any terminal/smartphone connected to the TomTom Cloud ...
    ... Nah ... just kidding ... or maybe ???
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Rainorshine
    The easy fix.....
    (1)... Both devices logged in their Tomtom Cloud Accounts
    (2)... Load the routes and sync the routes across the devices
    (3)... Log-out of the Tomtom Cloud on one of the devices
    No further syncing will take place until you log back into the Cloud Account

ATB YFM
    Log out of TomTom Cloud, and that device doesn't get traffic updates. !
    Superusers
    yeah thought the same ... but traffic updating is different from syncing so two different virtual connexions should be used ... actually traffic and cloud are represented by two separate icons ... but ...
    Superusers
    Hi

Ah yes I run NONE-Unified accounts on my devices.....
    One Email address and Password for my Live Traffic and a different Email address and Password for my Tomtom Cloud Accounts
    See.....
    Set up methods…..
    (Setup A)….. One global cloud account across all NAV4 devices.....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/faq-what-mydrive-and-what-can-i-do-with-it-990620?postid=1038485

ATB YFM
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Rainorshine,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for reporting this!

Can you update to the v16.201 software we released yesterday and confirm whether that brings any changes to this behaviour?

Meanwhile, you could log out of MyDrive on one of the devices. It won't affect your use of TomTom Services as that's a separate connection.

Thanks, Mikko
    Ok, both updated, so will test. When the one device is logged out of MyDrive, it cannot be updated with new My Places. Also cannot be controlled using the My Drive phone app. Is that correct??
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Rainorshine
    What type of control are you trying to achieve
    (1)..... Each device to be independent... Each device having its own 3rd party POI's, MyPlaces and My routes
    (2).....Both devices on a Global Account sharing 3rd party POI's, MyPlaces and My routes

ATB YFM
    What I would like to happen is both devices to have a common 'My Places' so I don't have to duplicate on two accounts.
    The account set up allows for multiple devices, so should accommodate this.
    The two devices should then be able to work independently, and be able to receive traffic updates and enter new destinations (I don't mind if destinations go to both devices).

What I don't want is one device to stop navigating when the other arrives at a common destination or when one device creates a new 'go to' destination, the other device deletes its current destination and starts navigating to the new one.
    Ok, so the latest is - if both devices are logged into MyDrive, the new release seems to have stopped one arriving telling the other it has also arrived.
    Interestingly, if one device selects a new destination from My Places, the other then selects it without being requested! Ok if both want to go to the same place! TomTom - over to you.! It would be good if I don't have to log out of My Drive on one of the two devices. Ken
    Hi Rainorshine,

Thanks for coming back about this!

I'll report this to the product team.

Cheers, Mikko
  • dambuilderdambuilder Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    This exact problem I have noticed today.
    I was driving down the M6 in traffic as always heading to a destination I wasn't sure of when unknown to me my wife got in her car at home and set a destination to our sons friend. This new destination became my destination. I wasn't sure what was happening at the time so put my destination in again from "recent" but noticed at the same time that there was a place a didn't know at the top of the list. A minute later my destination changed again (almost like a comedy sketch) so I changed mine back. My wife than called me to say her tomtom was playing up and that's when I realised what was happening.
    I use a 6100 and she uses a 5100 but both linked to one account so that we can have the same set of "My Places" (POIs would be better but that's a different story).
    NOT Happy with the way this works. And I'm not really keen with having two accounts either. Is there a fix/update?
    Superusers
    Hi

I simply log out of the "Cloud account" on one or to be extra sure both devices (Live Traffic still works for me)
    Log back in to the MyDrive Cloud account if you need to make changes via the MYDrive Route Planner

ATB YFM
    Hi dambuilder,

Thanks for reporting this!

I'll forward this to our technicians for further investigation. Meanwhile, I'd recommend you to log out of MyDrive, as YFM advised, when both devices are in use.

Cheers, Mikko
  • dambuilderdambuilder Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    OK thanks. Not a solution but a workaround I suppose.
  • kerowkerow Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem with our family simultaneously using a GO 5200 and a GO 5000 in different vehicles. Gets messy and confusing when a destination suddenly changes. Is there a solution