PRO 5150- Connection problem with MyDrive Connect on Mac (OS 10.12-Sierra)

SittigSittig Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited January 19 in MyDrive Connect
I thought it is about time for an update of my TT Truck 5150 Live.
Because I have a new computer (brand new iMac with OS 10.12-Sierra), I had to install MyDrive (4.1.1.2862)(in Dutch)
I use a TT USB cable (UUC.001.02).

I followed all instructions three times before I succeeded in getting a connection.... The download of a new map is taking about 12 hours (I only have a 3 Mbps connection to the web). But every two hours or so the connection between Mac and TT disappears and I have to unplug the USB cable and plug it in again to get the download to continue.

What can be the problem? Compatibility with Sierra? If so, when can I expect a new version? Or is it something else?

All suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Regards from Lower Saxony,
Ernst

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,020 Superusers
    Have a look at some USB preferences. Not sure how on Mac it works, but on Windows PCs, usually there is an option for power saving on the USB port, which can be disabled, to prevent such things.
  • SittigSittig Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you for the suggestion. It sounds reasonable. But, unfortunately, I can't find any USB settings in my OS X "preferences" window. There is a "network", called Tomtom, with IP address 169.254.255.2 and subnet mask 255.255.255.252.

The update stopped after eight hours, with the message:
    ER WORDT VERBINDING GEMAAKT MET HET SYSTEEM...
    Houd je navigatiesysteem aangesloten. (a connection is being established... keep your navigation system hooked up.)

When searching the settings, I switched off the firewall. That didn't help either :-(

Ernst
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Ernst,

Welcome to the forum!

It might indeed be that due to your slow connection your computer goes to standby or hibernates the USB ports as it doesn't see activity there. The latest version of MyDrive Connect has a setting to prevent your computer from hibernating during update. I'd also recommend you to enable automatic downloading, if you already haven't, so that you don't need to have the device connected during the download of the updates. Please, see here.

For more MyDrive Connect troubleshooting tips, please see this FAQ.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Mikko,

The slow connection refers to the Internet only, all USB ports on the new iMac are USB-3
    The MyDrive Connects settings IMHO are as you suggest they should be (see attachment).
    I have followed all steps in your FAQ list and the relevant forum entries.

e16f5ad3-0e19-4e4f-b7da-6f6c9a6464ea.png

The only thing I can think of is the compatibility list:
    Mac OS 10.7 **
    Mac OS 10.8 **
    Mac OS 10.9 **
    Mac OS 10.10 **
    Mac OS 10.11

It doesn't mention 10.12, although - according to Apple - it should be downwards compatible.

Any more suggestions?

Regards,
    Ernst
    And additional: these file are stored on my Mac
    9ad72c50-b1c5-4beb-8552-e8f0726db17d.png:

Does that help?

Groeten/Regards,
    Ernst
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Ernst,

That looks like the cache folder of MyDrive Connect. It looks normal to me.

At this point I'd recommend you to contact Customer Service for further assistance.

Cheers, Mikko
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,020 Superusers
    Tried to find some stuff on Google to the USB power saving for Mac, but couldn't see much. Is the 10.12 still in beta phase? If yes, I would recommend to report it to Apple.
    Because I was in a hurry (leaving tonight on a motorhome trip), I installed MyDrive Connect on my wife's computer (under OS 10.11 - El Capitan) and started all over. I only had to disconnect the USB connection and connect again twice. Now it looks as if a new map is loaded. Hurray!

This new version of MyDrive doesn't give as much information (or at least not as clear) as the older version I used before, with two columns next to each other....

My next challenge is to remove MyDrive from my own Mac, but that can wait.

Thanks y'all for your suggestions!

Ernst