VIA 120 Live- TomTom continuously restarting after an update

Hi,

I've the same problem with a TT live 120. Hard reset takes no effect. The device boots upto the Bootscreen, then the bootscreen decreases it's brigtness for some seconds, and then the device reboots. 

Comments

• ObkenobiObkenobi Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi there, I have a Go 1000 and its continuosly restarting even after an hard reset !!! can somebody from TT give us a feedback about this problem ???

Tks
  • marc1766marc1766 Posts: 60 [Outstanding Explorer]
    i think that you have to bring it to a repair centre, i got the same problem and even with help of a TT service i couldn`t fix it
  • ObkenobiObkenobi Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    These steps below will help you solve your problem.

- In the menu of your TomTom GO 1000 press 'Settings'

- Press 'Reset Defaults'. 

Please keep in mind that this will delete personal information stored in the camera as Favorites. - When the unit displays the screen of choice of languages, please so now the power button of the device down until you hear the sound of tom-tom.

- Now, please reconfigure your device with your personal information, then connect the TomTom GO 1000 to your computer. 

MyTomTom should now properly recognize the device and look for updates.

Now my TT work well. I hope that solution could help.

Cheers
  • asrtaylorasrtaylor Posts: 39 [Outstanding Explorer]
    So I had a different error, and TT had me do the hard restart and reset to factory, fixed my other issue, now my 2505TM reboots 3 times before it finally runs properly.

Caution with the resets and hard restarts!!
  • Anguissette1979Anguissette1979 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    In my case... I am never able to get past the loading screen to DO a software reset. I never had problems like thi with my Tom Tom One!
    Anguissette1979 wrote:
    In my case... I am never able to get past the loading screen to DO a software reset. I never had problems like thi with my Tom Tom One!
    My TT 930 was great as well, never had a problem with it,  that's why I bought TT again.
  • gino65gino65 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i have a tt 120 via live i have the same problem yesteday for over 6 hrs it was on a continuous reboot i solved it today by connecting it to computer before i went to work  its the software updates that make it do this as ive reset it once before due to screen freezing on me then rebooting but as soon as you start updating again it will come back again
  • cyclefreak29cyclefreak29 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i have a go2535 its been rebooting out of the blue. then yesterday it just contiuously reboots. i cant even get it connected to the computer to attempt to fix! im disgusted
    cyclefreak29 wrote:
    i have a go2535 its been rebooting out of the blue. then yesterday it just contiuously reboots. i cant even get it connected to the computer to attempt to fix! im disgusted
    Well, just wait, received a survey today from TomTom!  Was honest, open, and documented by experiences for them to review.
  • winfiledwinfiled Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    there are a lot of things that i like about my via1500, but the restarting is not one of them
  • kes150kes150 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    If anyone can figure out how to get to "Settings" while the device continuously reboots/recycles, let me know.
  • ParideParide Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem with my GO 1000. After mandatory update the device stay for about one minute on start-up screen and then it reboot and again one minute on start-up screen and reboot all the time.

I tried to reset the device (15 till the reset sound) but nothing has changed.
  • RentalalotRentalalot Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This just happened to me today in the evening at a place where I was not familiar with.  I had to struggle back to the hotel based on my memory.  So frustrating.

I installed the mandatory update and it was working fine for a couple of trips.  Then this :-(

If TomTom doesn't fix this fast enough, it will lose a LOT of customers.

I am going to give them one more chance.  After that, I am gone and I will tell my horrible TomTom story every where/time I get a chance.
  • Tino55Tino55 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes, I am having the same problem. I can be on a journey and it start rebooting continuously. Downloaded all updates but problem still occurs. By holding the power key and doing a reboot possibly helps but it doesn't cure it straight away. Twice after reboot it cured itself a few minutes later. This is completely unacceptable for such an established manufacturer. If this is not sorted I will be buying another make of Sat Nav soon.
  • Don_UKDon_UK Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My 950 live has developed this problem since the last map update. Removal of the the file "MapSetting.CGF" in the european map. All has been fine until today when my Tom Tom shut down & then went into the start up cycle, shut down again & so on. I have tried a soft & hard reset,, the above fix again, and allowing the unit to run the battery down, recharge & reboot.....nothing works. Tom Tom you have done something to the software/ maps as this is not a hardware issue. It is obviously affecting lots of units so GET IT SORTED!!!! Do you care about your customers or just selling new units?
  • RupSMRupSM Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
  • agentorange_51agentorange_51 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here. absolutely disgusted. My Tom tom go has hardly been used, been updated, yet it still continuously resets. I wasted my money getting this piece of junk.