TT GO Mobile (iOS)- Avoid traffic jams — TomTom Community

TT GO Mobile (iOS)- Avoid traffic jams

RosieiRosiei Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
is there anyway YET that when TT shows a traffic jam you can manually avoid it like on previous Apps/Units /

Thanks

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,093 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Rosiei,

Welcome to the Forum!

Sorry for the delay in response.There's no 'Avoid Traffic' feature on the Go Mobile app for iOS for now. As long as you're connected to TomTom Services the app will fetch updates for the traffic situation on your route every minute and automatically offer a faster route should one become available. You can also see traffic on your route in the route bar .

I've logged your feedback as an improvement request for the product team.

Regards,
    lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• rob.morabitorob.morabito Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi Rosiei,

Regards,
    lampard

Please, don't define "improvement" just a functionality that should be into the app since its first release into the market.

let me a comparison: if you was an automotive manufacturer you would launch on the market a new car with only four wheels, four seats and doors. At the customers question: "but.... where is the radio that i had in my old car and every car have? And Abs? And Air conditioned? Lights? Answer: no problem sir, we'll put them soon on next release... When? Soon....."
  • JonCurtisJonCurtis Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    The 'old' tomtom app was a without doubt the best sat nav on the market. When Tomtom Go was released I expected something at least as good but was very disappointed, it went from a fantastic easy to use app to a clunky difficult to use app without many of the bells and whistles.

• RosieiRosiei Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi Rosiei,

Regards,
    lampard

What a joke answer !!!
    You had "avoid' or traffic or minimise delays on the old App, and ALL your stand alone TOM TOM units with traffic have the avoid feature..yet this will just be logged as an improvement on an App that should never have been released until it was 100% !! The traffic side of the go App is useless and just looking at the feedback via the Apple store should tell you this. Today for instance I was coming home from somewhere on the M25, sure enough it told me there was traffic ahead and there was 35 minutes delay because of stationary traffic . I know from my knowledge of the area that there are at least 3 ways to get around this traffic , but I thought any minute Tom Tom would say hey theres 35 minutes of stationary traffic 3 junctions ahead, lets take the other options available to us....but NO it wanted to take me straight into the stationary traffic..good one !!! If the avoid action was there we could all choose what to do.
    Same as the pre planning a-b not there !! same as the travel via or point on a map or via a photo. ALL missing :-(

Come on now lets have all these things that were on the old TOMTOM UK
    JonCurtis wrote:
    The 'old' tomtom app was a without doubt the best sat nav on the market. When Tomtom Go was released I expected something at least as good but was very disappointed, it went from a fantastic easy to use app to a clunky difficult to use app without many of the bells and whistles.

Absolutely 100% agree. I used the old app today after struggling with the Go App for about 4 months ! It was a breath of fresh air, but like you I will have to buy the camera and traffic monthly and how long will it be before they stop that option :-(
    Surely new apps should be at least as good if not better ! Clearly not in this case !
  • Mark59Mark59 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Mine will not offer an alternative route at all, directs me into blockages. The old app was great, WHY BREAK what was not broken
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

As lampard mentioned, there'll be further improvements and new features to the app in the future releases. For more information, please see here.

Cheers, Mikko
  • afconeafcone Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi Mikko,

I know you cannot provide a full timeline, but any indication of when you say 'future releases' you are talking about days, weeks or months ahead? The new app has been out for months now and the one update in that time made a few minor tweaks (the ability to update maps is not really an improvement, just fixing an essential feature) but addressed little of the missing functionality compared to the previous (fantastic) Tomtom app. Should we expect v1.3 this month? This year?

At the moment, it just feels like Tomtom has lost interest in fixing its new app.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi afcone,

Unfortunately, I don't have a release schedule to communicate. However, the 3rd update for GO Mobile v1.3 was released yesterday :D

Cheers, Mikko
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi afcone,

Unfortunately, I don't have a release schedule to communicate. However, the 3rd update for GO Mobile v1.3 was released yesterday :D

Cheers, Mikko

And that gave us NONE of what we've wanted !!!!
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 317 [Supreme Pioneer]
    afcone wrote:
    I know you cannot provide a full timeline, but any indication of when you say 'future releases' you are talking about days, weeks or months ahead?
    Based on current performance, I would suggest "never". If you're feeling optimistic then says "years".

It's looking like TomTom don't give a damn about those of us who have used previous TomTom products that actually had decent functionality. I suspect that TomTom is only interested in producing extremely dumbed down navigation products for the mass market that doesn't expect anything else.