New maps v970 available for download

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

As you've already noticed the rest of the maps were released today. I've updated the announcement.

The map shop will also be updated shortly :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,096 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

As you've already noticed the rest of the maps were released today. I've updated the announcement.

Cheers, Mikko

Thanks Mikko....but not here http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7902 (which still shows *For some maps version 9.70 has not been released yet. We aim to have all maps released by the end of June)
  • skier3000skier3000 Posts: 43 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hooray! Christmas in July. Thank you for update!
  • Marg123Marg123 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    How do I get updates if the Via 1505M is not even accepted/listed in their site? No user manual either?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,474 Superuser
    @Marg123

Here is is a link to the manual

Make sure you have installed this software
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button :thumb_up:
    If someone answered your question? Answer yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    This generic manual is great. It even looks like my map set up. Thanks but when I go to sign up I can only choose Via 52, or 62, 130, 135, 620, 125, 120 or 110. so that it will direct me to the necessary installed software. Which model number do I use?
    I just picked the Via 120 and am downloading the mydrives...hopefully it won't destroy anything...there is nothing for the Via 1505M
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,033 [Exalted Navigator]
    The numbering of a model varies by country. Maybe your registration was seen by the TomTom site as placing you in a country where that 1505 is sold as the Start 25.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,061 Superusers
    You have to set the country at the bottom to Canada and enlish on the right side bottom. THEN type in 1505 and the guide listing appears:

https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/product_select/locale/en_CA
  • xoidsxoids Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks Mikko!
    It seems that any number (even the one I used) will enable me to download the "my drives" I need. Once it was downloaded, then when I typed in my model number it was recognized. I have now updated my maps for Europe. Thanks for the advice!
    Regarding these new 970/971 maps; the mapshop is STILL showing "Map version 9.65" on virtually EVERY map page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Remember that in theory we'll be getting the 975's next month!
  • Lowlander63Lowlander63 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Bought the Europe map in april: € 59,95. turns out there is only 1 update included. If I want updates for the year: extra € 45. Because of the confusion I can get a € 10 discount but still.....compared to f.i. Sygic, TomTom is "an equal car to a Rolls Royce price" !!! Incredible expensive. I'm not satisfied at all!
  • NiallGNiallG Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

Cheers, Mikko

I'm seriously annoyed..

Australia maps finally arrive - 2 months late - and the one *major* road I really need included is missing from these maps. This is the Dingley Arterial in Melbourne SE Suburbs - it's been open now since beginning of March - planning information publically available since 2014. Most decent routes from my house need to use this road so means I can't get any accurate route or travel time information without it there. This is not some small side street - it's a major 6 lane freeway.

How on earth is it this is missing from the latest maps - every single other online mapping service has had it for months now (Google, Bing, Here, Apple etc). It's like TomTom updated the maps with data from 6 months ago - this is not what I paid for.

Please explain.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    NiallG wrote:
    It's like TomTom updated the maps with data from 6 months ago - ...
    That's the way it is ... or even older.
  • richard1966richard1966 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had my tom tom system updated by the renault dealer on 20/6/2016 en received a new SD card. I am registering it today and found that not the latest map is in there. I have version 965 and version 970 is available. I have just paid Eur 91,20 (excluding BTW) and now have to pay another Eur 41 to get the latest card. Does one not get 1 free update to ensure one receives the latest card when purchasing a new card?
    I Had basically the same problem in the Netherlands. To me, it feels like a fraud.
  • richard1966richard1966 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Had contact with Tom-Tom service desk. Even though I had a bit of a wait (15 minutes) they were great. I got a map upgrade (complimentary). Renault normally gets pre-configured cards(in order to deliver quickly, and keep them in stock) , so that's why sometimes you get the older map versions.

Great support and service
    That's great for you! TomTom Netherlands states: Since the buy is more two weeks ago, we can't help you!!!!
    That's great for you! TomTom Netherlands states: Since the buy is more two weeks ago, we can't help you!!!!

Have another go at them (if it WAS the same problem of getting an out of date map) as it was not your fault they had not released your map on time:-

Nederland (Holland)
    020 850 1007
    Maandag t/m vrijdag van 9.00 tot 18.00
    Thanks for helping...I did try it...but they don't want to help. It's just the way TomTom Netherland work I'll guess. Terrible service...wasted €60 because "two weeks after the buy passed..."
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 6,803 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Lowlander63

Sorry about the inconvenience...

I had a look at your contact history and I see the customer service informed you that you have purchased a single map instead of 1 year Map update service.

If you purchase a single map then only one map will be offered to you as an update. However if you purchase 1 year Map update service then you are entitled to get 4 new maps released during the year.

Hope this helps..

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
    Nope, did not help. You probably assume that I don't understand the case, that would be an insult!
    I bought a NEW map (Europe instead of BeNeLux), it cost me nearly € 60 and for that money zero updates? That's just wrong!
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,474 Superuser
    @Lowlander63

Sorry to rub salt in the wound but if you had waited for one of TT sales you can now buy the same map for € 47,97 and that is with 18 months of updates (Nieuwste kaart + 5 updates)

So the moral of this is "Do not buy at the last minute, but plan ahead and buy during a sale" ;)
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button :thumb_up:
    If someone answered your question? Answer yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • davahaddavahad Posts: 67 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    NiallG wrote:
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

Cheers, Mikko

I'm seriously annoyed..

Australia maps finally arrive - 2 months late - and the one *major* road I really need included is missing from these maps. This is the Dingley Arterial in Melbourne SE Suburbs - it's been open now since beginning of March - planning information publically available since 2014. Most decent routes from my house need to use this road so means I can't get any accurate route or travel time information without it there. This is not some small side street - it's a major 6 lane freeway.

How on earth is it this is missing from the latest maps - every single other online mapping service has had it for months now (Google, Bing, Here, Apple etc). It's like TomTom updated the maps with data from 6 months ago - this is not what I paid for.

Please explain.

Trust me on this. Tomtom has no explanation and they really do not seem concerned at all about Map Quality. Probably cause they are focused on Golf GPS Watches, etc.

Pretty sure they are going to admonish you as well for mentioning all of their competitors that have up-to-date maps.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online122

DougLap
DougLap
flicks
flicks
Go_520_Newbe
Go_520_Newbe
Hirbel
Hirbel
kumo
kumo