Mapshare reporter- 'Sorry, we cannot accept reports in this country' — TomTom Community

Mapshare reporter- 'Sorry, we cannot accept reports in this country'

srbabegsrbabeg Posts: 23 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Map quality
Hello. I've tried to edit TomTom map in Belgrade (Serbia) and to inform you that the way of Pionirska street is wrong. This road is ONE-WAY. The direction is drawn on first picture. But I got the message (second picture): "Sorry, we cannot accept reports in this country". Why ? It is big mistake in your map. Please can you see picture No. 3 (from Google Street View). If necessary, I can make a photo !
f4c3f3de-b20f-446d-8e4d-39d49bab5876.jpg
64a081fd-be96-4197-b729-84c6cc4e65a0.jpg
e96bc1e8-069a-43cb-aaef-1f2b5d2331be.jpg
Please, can you answer me. Thanks in advance. Best regards !
Srboljub Kuzmanovic
dipl electronic engineer
Belgrade
Serbia

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,767
    Superuser
    @The GK

I wonder how many other countries on the list of "Sorry, we cannot accept reports in this country"
  • srbabegsrbabeg Posts: 23 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I do not understand. Serbia's my country.
    This is not right. For which country can I send corrections for maps. I expected, at least for my country.

I'm new to the forum and do not know the rules.
    Can I to expect answer from TomtTom staff

Do any know which E-mail address for contact TomTom staff. Like as HERE Maps...This is not serious :?
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,885
    Superusers
    Hi Srboljub, it's best to take a picture yourself. TomTom is not allowed to use the data from Google (for obvious reasons). Although this is a user forum, every now and then the TomTom employees also have a look at these topics. So hopefully they will catch this one too.
    Megalos, thanks a lot. I see that you are the Elite Voyager. It's not hard to me to take a picture myself. But I am disappointed in the system that uses the TomTom office. They not allow that I send map report from my country, from Serbia. TomTom is not serious in partnership with users. I have a great communication with HERE office in Belgrade. With them, I have direct contact, and we together corrected a lot of much smaller irregularities in their maps (HERE). I'd wanted to do same for TomTom maps. This error is, you can see, very serious. Yet the Belgrade is capital of Serbia. And this road is extremely important to connect the center of town with the larger municipalities in the suburbs.
    Do you know, can I send E-mail to TomTom staff ? Do you know E-mail (TomTom support) address ?
    Once again, thank you very much. Best regards
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    At the bottom of this screen are a variety of links. Under Support is Contact Us. Select it, make sure your country flag is showing, select your device from the dropdown window and buttons appear including email and phone. Select one to contact support.
    . If there is no country flag for Serbia listed, select another one.
    @dhn, thank you for your help !
    However, I was unable to send mail. Because Serbia is not in the list, I chose Croatia. I try change map in "Map Share Reporter". Again, I come to the same situation and the same message "Sorry, we cannot accept reports in this country". Please, can you see my pictures.
    I give up. I am an electronics engineer. I think this is absurd. TomTom does not know how make the site properly. Therefore, their TomTom Maps so imprecise and wrong. Unfortunately. Even greater disappointment !
    Friend, thanks again !
    14daa5cf-8edc-4db0-a45f-4ba26c3d698f.jpg
    90f672cd-ee1c-426e-83ff-ed5ba556ae4a.jpg
  • alessandro970alessandro970 Posts: 22 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Finally : "Your question has been submitted" !
    Yes, sometimes TomTom company is incredibile
    This morning I did everything the same way, and mail is sent.
    "Method useless attempts"finally gave the result.
    For other members I have to attach pictures. Excuse me !
    Because is more better proof with my pictures, I have to repeat.
    Road Pionirska, Belgrade (Serbia) is ONE-WAY ROAD.
    The correct direction is shown in Picture "Pionirska ONE-WAY". Direction FROM A to B. Please, can you see photo "Position A (1)" from postion A. You can see sign ONE-WAY. On the photo "Position B (1)" you can see signs "No right turn" and "Direction is not allowed" ("Block road"). Photos B (2) and B (3) from same lokation. Photos A (2) and A(3) shows the quality and the shape of the road.
    Please, can you change your map because this ERROR exists in the map for Sygic navigation (srb_ta_2016.03) and iGO navigation (Serbia_TomTom_2016.03). NOTE : This error exists in all versions of TomTom maps for 2015.

Best regards
    Srboljub Kuzmanovic
    dipl electronic engineer
    Belgrade
    Serbia

P.S. Attachment picture
  • JulianJulian Posts: 2,158 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi srbabeg,

thank you for your feedback, sorry for my delay in response. We have quite an active Forum and unfortunately we are unable to be present in every discussion. We do log all the feedback however.

Regarding your question: I also have no explanation why map error reports are not being allowed for Serbia, it is likely that there is a good reason for it. I asked my colleague for the reasons, I will come back once I have more info for you.

Best regards,

Julian
    I just received the confirmation from my colleague, they are aware of this and will do their best to enable error reports for Serbia in about 4-6 weeks from now. :)
    Hi Julian,

Mr. Julian, you insult my intelligence as an electronics engineer. Also, you are insulting and my country, Serbia.
    I do not understand why such a big problem to you to look at my pictures and photos, my explanation ... My friend, it is enough to compare your TomTom map with Google Maps and Here Maps. You'll see that you made a huge mistake in your TomTom map.
    Also, Belgrade the capital of Serbia. Did you know that in Serbia there are a number of expensive cars with the TomTom car navigation. The most of them using navigating with this same scandalous mistake.
    So it's not more important form of the essence. But the point is that there is an error in the TomTom map. You keep insisting that it is not permissible objection from Serbia...Your support team asks me which TomTom devica I using...
    This is a shame. Sorry...

Best regards,
    Srboljub Kuzmanović
    electronic engineer
    Belgrade
    Serbia.
  • The GKThe GK Posts: 26
    Dear All,
    This is to update you that I have put the request for Serbia to be available in MSR for reporting Feedback and the good news is it has been processed :) it will be made available in coming Production release of MSR targeting to be launched end of Q3 (Sept).

Your feedback is valuable to us, keep posting.

Thanks
    Hi Srboljub,

I don't really understand why you should understand my reply as an insult, I don't see any reason for that. Yes, I am quite familiar with Belgrade, my girlfriend is actually from Belgrade... :)

Of course I have checked your map feedback, and I will report this for you as soon as possible, thanks again for all those details. As I am not working for the maps department, so I cannot simply change this right now... I will have to wait for my colleagues to upate the MapShare system for Serbia. Once this is done, it will be corrected as soon as possible.

Please understand that we cannot simply take other map producers as source or reference for corrections in our own map corrections. That is legally not allowed and could be considered "stealing".

Customer support is asking which device you are using so that they can properly help you, that is very normal and nothing crazy about it.

Regards,

Julian
    I just checked in our internal system, my colleague already has shared your images with the maps team, who will investigate and fix this problem for you. It has not been fixed in the next map version (9.75), nevertheless my colleagues will implement a fix as soon as possible.
    Dear Julian,

Your last answer is the right reaction from company like as TomTom. Thank you very much !
    Your answer it is not an insult was, but a system that uses the TomTom is it. Serbia is not in Africa. Belgrade is a great city, as you know.
    I did not ask to change TomTom map of Belgrade only by comparison with other providers. I sent arguments. I sent you (to TomTom map company) photos from the road. The photos show the traffic signs at the beginning (One-Way direction) and end (Bloc direction). I sent screenshots with incorrect routing at Pionirska road. I sent the video clip showing this ONE-WAY (and DIRECTION) part of of the Pionirska road. I thought that this was quite enough...
    I hope that it will now be all right.
    Thank you so much, again.
    A special greeting to your girl from Belgrade !

Best regards,
    Srboljub Kuzmanović
    For TomTom Staff.
    Friends, you should understand that I am helping you, not you to me. I have and using much better map of Belgrade. It's HERE Maps. So what I do is just my good will. You have to be grateful to me, I am helping you that you not embarrassing. You are serious company, I think...
    If we will correct this error together, ONE-WAY road Pionirska, I have some serious errors which I saw in Belgrade.
    Mr. Julian, ask your girlfriend. She must know. Wrong permission for turning left from the Knez Milos street to Nemanja street. Also, wrong is the prohibition of left turn from the Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra to Knez Milos street. When the time comes, I will send you the fotos which confirmed my observation. For now, only screenshots. When you want, I'll send you an email with photos and trafiic signs.
    I understand very well that you do not admit comparison with other providers of GPS maps. But just to let you know. Otherwise, HERE maps has unmistakable routing at these locations
    Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra 17 - Knez Milos street 4
    Knez Milos street 24 - Savska 2
    I hope that you will you comprehend this in the only possible way. This is my sincere desire that the TomTom map will be excellent in Belgrade
    Best regards to all !
    Julian wrote:
    I just received the confirmation from my colleague, they are aware of this and will do their best to enable error reports for Serbia in about 4-6 weeks from now. :)

Dear Julian,
    I really do not understand what TomTom is doing. Official site MapShare Reporter with the old maps !? Here's a picture where I compare the same part of the city of Novi Sad in navigation TomTom GO Mobile and TomTom site on the web. How people can report about error in the Map when you don't have the latest map. Sites HERE Maps, Google Maps, at all times have the last version of the map, the most recent. This should also be repaired for user of TomTom navigation.
    As you see, on both site, MapShare Reporter and Route TomTom Planner, there is no Europe bridge below the Boulevard of Europe. This bridge nad road is already completed.

1307e446-3f59-43ac-b240-83ecde6b1958.jpg

Best regards.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0