Metrics on Android- MyDrive app — TomTom Community

Metrics on Android- MyDrive app

JonNZJonNZ Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have a Samsung S7 Edge and have just purchased a GO 6100. MyDrive on the actual device and on my PC are in metrics but the MyDrive app on my phone (android) is in imperial. How do I change it to metric?

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Jon,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your feedback!

The app currently doesn't have a setting for this but the units are set based on your OS language/country settings. On the browser version of MyDrive you can change the units in the settings.

I'll log this as an improvement request for the product team.

Cheers, Mikko
  • JonNZJonNZ Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks, it's rather unfortunate that the android version does this. My wife's iPhone 6 MyDrive app shows distances in metrics and she loves it when her apple does something my android can't. An update for android would be much appreciated.
  • G RG R Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    8 months on, any progress in adding the metric feature? Crazy in a metric country when trying to do route planning. Have to have a calculator at hand.
  • basixbasix Posts: 486
    Superuser
    why don't you try changing your phone's setting to english new zealand (or some other locale that uses the metric system)
  • G RG R Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ha ha thanks for that. Had assumed my language was set to New Zealand. Checked and it was USA. Changed and all good, back in the metric world.
  • peter.mahrpeter.mahr Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would also like to change my MyDrive unit settings to metric, without changing my country setting. Any news when this update will be forthcoming?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,911
    Superuser
    @peter.mahr

Click on 'Settings' and change the units :-20aa1a7b-d523-406a-b877-f061423eedee.jpg
  • SpectrixSpectrix Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    There is no option on the android 'mydrive' application that allows for metric units.

As far as changing the language, on my phone there are only two English options:
    English - United States or
    English - United Kingdom,
    both of these countries use Imperial to measure distance.

Tomtom - Please spare a thought for the 98% of the population who use the Metric system.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    Spectrix wrote:
    As far as changing the language, on my phone there are only two English options:
    English - United States or
    English - United Kingdom,
    ???
    828b92cf-9613-4571-87ad-fbde04c4a4c1.jpg

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/mydrive-route-planning-shows-miles-not-kilometres-1034083/index1.html#post1221245
  • SpectrixSpectrix Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks, but there are many different variants of Android. Some do not have an option of Australian or New Zealand English.
    This is what my phone lists:

ac68be97-cb5e-4a2c-b389-aa0a2d4a5915.png
  • sfabsfab Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello. My routes in MyDrive are also shown in miles on my Android (Samsung Galaxy A5 A520F), apparently without being influenced by the language setting (tried English-New Zealand, German-Germany, Czech-Czech Republic). Does anyone have an idea?
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    sfab wrote:
    Does anyone have an idea?
    It's a known issue that TomTom does not care about.
    And it speaks English all over the world (more or less).

00f740b0-3b4e-4fbd-9873-dc29678c35cd.jpg