TomTom Bandit Night Test — TomTom Community

TomTom Bandit Night Test

BanditFiliBanditFili Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Hello Everyone!
Since I didn't find anything, I decided to make one more video to check our camera features: at the night time!
So, I had a small test, during the evening, to check how our Bandit feels in differente conditions from the sunlight.
As you can see, the lights take different shades. And the quality is not so good.
Probably can we ask for an update??

I recored:
1080p, 60 fps
Wide screen
Night mode
External mic
The sound is not perfect because I didn't fix the mic.

Please watch the video and share your opinion!!

Filippo

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Filippo,

Thanks for your feedback!

I'll log this as an improvement request for the product team.

Cheers, Mikko
  • BanditFiliBanditFili Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi Filippo,

Thanks for your feedback!

I'll log this as an improvement request for the product team.

Cheers, Mikko

Thank you Mikko!!
  • CoolhandCoolhand Posts: 52 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Actually I don't think the Bandit does a poor job at all. Low noise level, color control could have been somewhat better however this can be easily changed in post. Filming during nighttime is especially difficult due to the different type of streetlights being used (LED, Halogen, The orange type etc. etc).
    Hello Coolhand! Thank you for your comment! The noise level is because I didn't fix the microphone under the seat so it took some vibrations (check my test -first- with external mic - https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-bandit-action-camera-477/my-first-test-with-external-mic-on-motorbike-tomtom-bandit-1005963).

About the camera, it doesn't make a poor job but I guess a little improvement could be done. However the day-time recording is simply prfect.
    Ciao!
    Filippo
  • CoolhandCoolhand Posts: 52 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hi Filippo, My reference to Noise wasn't concerning the audio but the "grain" often seen in nightshots due high iso-values and slow shutter values :).

Great location you were riding at. Did you switch on some sort of HID-lights during your ride?

Grtz.
    Hi Coolhand!
    sorry for the misunderstanding! Yes that grain of the nightshots is not nice :(
    Anyway no, no HID lights (just the orinial ones) :)