Buzzing interference — TomTom Community

Buzzing interference

Steve_MorgsSteve_Morgs Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited September 2018 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Hi, I have just purchased a Bandit action cam. My first 'test runs' were on my bike using the handlebar mount. However they all have very bad 'buzzing interference' - the kind you used to get whan a car radio was affected by the electrical system! I have hopefully attached a Vimeo Link as an example. Is this a fault?

Comments

• ChrisChris Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Steve_Morgs, have you updated the Bandit to the latest Software version? I'm interested to know if you experienced this interference after the update:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-bandit-action-camera-477/new-software-v157500-for-the-tomtom-bandit-available-for-download-1004444
  • Steve_MorgsSteve_Morgs Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi Chris - it was an out of the box recording. It is now updated and showing version 137.87. Is that the latest? Thanks
    Have just loaded onto the Bandit and it is showing 1.57.500. I will try another test run
  • Frenzy382Frenzy382 Posts: 33 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I'd be really interested in your findings....I was about to ask people what their thoughts were on the latest firmware update.

Let us know what you find!
  • gl00gl00 Posts: 965 [Revered Pioneer]
    Oh, THAT sound ! It comes from the vibrations! Make sure the camera is pushed in the mount (sometimes it's only half in) I used to have that sound on a loose mount actually. fixed it by sticking a thin strip of paper (folded) under the metallic plate where it attaches on the mount (you can also ask for another mount if the issue comes from that!)
    In case you are not using the anti rotation clip, adding it may help too (but that would be a clicking sound, rather than this continuous buzz).
    Thanks!
  • gl00gl00 Posts: 965 [Revered Pioneer]
    Just so you know what the issue is (could be easier to fix this way) the 2 red plastic strips on some mounts are a like half a mm too short and the camera moves a little, producing the vibrations. For some reason you don t see that on the video, but definitely can hear the issue!