Accepted map change; left turn allowed

myronpmyronp Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited February 2018 in Archived Discussions
How long before accepted map change incorporates into updates - a3454a74-61be-1034-9d4a-ec10897fe1ea ?

Comments

• canvinhcanvinh Posts: 1,498 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Based on a note: it would take around 6 months to 9 months to get a map share updated available for download. TT needs an independent resource to verify information.

TT staff could check it for you.
  • MvanAkenMvanAken Posts: 459 TomTom Employee
    The change has already been made in the core database. My best guess would be that it'll be available in the 980 maps.
  • meedermeeder Posts: 158 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I liked the old system better in which you could select which level of security you would want for the mapshare updates. I was really hoping they would process them quicker. I am glad to help but if it takes 6 months or longer before a mapshare update is pushed to the device it is quite useless.
  • MvanAkenMvanAken Posts: 459 TomTom Employee
    I'm not familiar with the MapShare process. I can only check the core database which is used to prepare source data products that we use to build our maps.
  • AritzAritz Posts: 84 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Time ago changes you report from your device were instantly applied to your map and taken into consideration for route calculation. Bringing back this feature would be nice.
  • davahaddavahad Posts: 67 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    My Mapshare Report was accepted Feb 2014 and it still has not been fixed. I doubt yours will be implemented anytime soon based on my experience and after years of trying to get them to fix an address.
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/map-quality-75/mapshare-report-accepted-feb-3-2014-still-not-update-android-maps-v9305611-836587
  • myronpmyronp Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Still waiting for a3454a74-61be-1034-9d4a-ec10897fe1ea; for an approved map change, which I was informed May 30 2016; was already made in the core database. When are the 980 maps going to be out, and is the change therein? Thank you in advance for your responses.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,057 Superusers
    980 map due in November for most models.
    Thank you, will keep my fingers crossed...
    Any chance that the 980 map for VIA 1510 will be out in November?
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online84

charlstom
charlstom
DougLap
DougLap
Hirbel
Hirbel
keats2
keats2
KJ78
KJ78