End of hole not correct identified with Golfer 2 — TomTom Community

End of hole not correct identified with Golfer 2

JaapPJaapP Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
After ending the hole, the golfer 2 should identify the end and ask for the stokes. This is not working correctly on my course. Without changing the next hole manually, the stroke of the previous hole is registered. Any solutions?

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,412
    Community Manager
    JaapP wrote:
    After ending the hole, the golfer 2 should identify the end and ask for the stokes. This is not working correctly on my course. Without changing the next hole manually, the stroke of the previous hole is registered. Any solutions?
    Hoi JaapP,

Is this only happening with one specific hole or also with others? What's your course?

Thanks,
    Jürgen
  • JaapPJaapP Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
    Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Not at a specific hole. When the green of the past hole is far away to the teebox of the next hole (> 30 meters) it mostly works. When the distance is shorter I must do it manually. My homecourse is Hoge Kleij, Leusden, Netherlands.
    Thanks
    Jaap
    Community Manager
    Hi Jaap,

In that case I need to check internally and come back to you.
    (25330 Hoge Kleij Golf Club NLD)

Thanks,
    Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Hi Jaap,

It should work within a range of 15 metres but we've heard from some users that sometimes there may be problems with this.

Greetings,
    Jürgen
    Hi Jurgen
    Thanks for the reply. Between hole 4 and 5 it takes more than 70 meters. After hole 9 it also takes more than 50 meters. Other holes just end at the tee box of the next hole.
    regards
    Jaap
  • mike2404mike2404 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Jurgen,

I have the same problem like jaap at Golfclub Hoogland amersfoort.

I have to do manually go to next hole at all holes. you can solve this problem?

Regards,
    Mike
    Update: When I am at the tee of the next hole, Golfer 2 mostly ends the previous hole. So I need to be patient to identify the next hole. I would like to end the hole just after the previous hole.
  • vinny 2102vinny 2102 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Sometimes it ends current hole before i have even putted,not very useful when this happens.
  • FloydyPFloydyP Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can you not just do an update to manually end the hole?
  • vinny 2102vinny 2102 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I have problems with holes not finishing by time i tee off so strokes dont measure or record for correct hole,sometimes the hole finishes before i even chip onto green.
    Would like to have button to finish manually and record then move onto next hole,or more importantly if tomtom acutally fix it correctly
  • JL_JL_ Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Old topic, but I encounter the same problem using a fully updated Golfer 2

Course in NL: Regthuys both Tulplus as Dijklus

Watch does not finish after leaving green/entering next tee. Sometimes the second shot on a hole is registered as tee shot...messing up the whole score.

How can I manually finish a hole and start the new one?? Same question as above, but I did not see an answer...

thanks.
  • tc-1tc-1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same old topic, it looks like it has gone on for a year. This is the biggest weakness of this watch, many greens are a short distance from the next tee and with no way to "force a finish" to the hole, the next tee off distance is knackered.
  • Heiko4Golf_ukHeiko4Golf_uk Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Subject: Detection hole finish, hole start does not work reliable.
    Golf Course: Germany, Hummelbachaue, 9 hole
    Attached example screenshots:
    - Hole 8: 1st stroke hole 9 counted as last stroke hole 8 44bc1a5c-2569-4c6a-916d-0ea6ae3f6e34.png
    - Hole 3: 1st stroke (~150m) from Tee not counted at all (3m at TEE caused by manual count) 6403c18a-7fdf-40b4-b090-0e8800d64de4.png
    - Hole 4, 1st stroke (~150m) from Tee not counted at all (3m at TEE caused by manual count) 36ff9e29-73a2-4810-a777-941cedafe623.png

Request:
    In case, GPS can't manage reliable detection of next TEE and close safely all strokes from previous hole:
    Option to allow user to force moving to next TEE, while closing status of previous hole strokes. (e.g. right end click + confirm action)

HW/SW: TomTom Golfer 2 SE, SW 1.2.103, bought on 26th of August 2017.

Thank you very much for your response and proposal.
    Best regards, Heiko

Note: I think, next TEE even has been identified once (hole9), but stroke was counted for hole 8.
    Question: Is it mandatory to complete the shown strokes/puts inquiry before starting first stroke at next TEE?