Problems with Ford Sync with Tomtom go for IOS — TomTom Community

Problems with Ford Sync with Tomtom go for IOS

GuildoGuildo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Just updated to Tomtom Go, but I cannot get any sound from my phone unless I turn my Bluetooth off. Previous app wouldn't ever connect to Ford Sync, but it did have a setting to switch it from Sync to phone. That seems to be missing from Go, app is silent unless I turn off Bluetooth, then of course phone won't sync. Any ideas?

Comments

• PajopathPajopath Posts: 3,068 Superusers
    official support of TomTom apps are only A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) , there was an option for the old tomtom hands free system to change it to HFP to use it mit the hands free system of tomtom. Sometimes this was also working with cars but not on every car.

so it was never official supported. :(

since they have stopped working on own apple hands free systems they also stopped working on getting the app runing with HFP with cars.
  • steven0161steven0161 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I got it working or not working with ford sync by sliding up the iPhone screen to get the shortcuts airplane mode then tapped AirPlay mode and ticked iPhone instead of sync
  • GuildoGuildo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks, works brilliant. Now if only you knew how to squeeze a tad more volume out of it.
  • BigglesdafBigglesdaf Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
  • Jack BurgJack Burg Posts: 37 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Bigglesdaf wrote:
    .... Yet google maps works perfectly .....
    I am afraid that will be the answer of the future :-(
    Looks like Tomtom will be another tech company who missed the boat and failed for not keeping up with the market, also I just learned my Kuga has sync2 which is the next generation, my dealer said there is a way to force the Tomtom app voice through the Bluetooth into the sync so I am going back with the car and phone Tuesday so he can show me. I will post the results
  • Pistillo99Pistillo99 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm waiting the feedback of your results ;)
    I've bought a Ford Ecosport that will come next week with Sony applink Sync2 system
    Pistillo99 wrote:
    I'm waiting the feedback of your results ;)
    I've bought a Ford Ecosport that will come next week with Sony applink Sync2 system

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Bigglesdaf,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried Steven's tip above? It seems to have worked for some.

I've also forwarded it to the product team to see if there's something we could do here.

Cheers, Mikko