Community Content- Using MyDrive Connect

Hi, my company has provided me with a Tom Tom 5250 Pro. With the recent updates, I can now add the poi's from my previous Tom Tom via a microsd card plugged into the device. But what I really want to do is add my grandaughter's voice.
I understand I need to add community support.
When I right click the TOM TOM icon in the bottom RHS of my pc, all I have are "Open" Settings & Quit is the a way of getting community?

Thanks

Comments

• canvinhcanvinh Posts: 1,498 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Check this https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/faq-what-mydrive-and-what-can-i-do-with-it-990620/index1.html#post1032659 to see if mydrive.tomtom.com supports your device.

I think, you could load something from your PC to a device using MyDrive Connect. Start MDC, connect your device, click on the MDC icon near the clock for Manage Community Content.
  • CatNipCatNip Posts: 479 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    When I right click the TOM TOM icon in the bottom RHS of my pc, all I have are "Open" Settings & Quit is the a way of getting community
    Sounds like you may be trying this without your TomTom connected to the PC. i.e. plugged in and turned on - leave a little time for MDC to connect to the device. You should then find the option Manage community content added to MDC menu in the Windows notification area.

I assume this is possible with the Tom Tom 5250 Pro. Have you checked? (May not be possible on any newer NAV4 device.)
  • NotorietyNotoriety Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm struggling with exactly this before finding this post. Have been hunting for an hour or so for the route into Manage Community Content. I have the absolutely latest version of MyDrive Connect on PC, my Start 20 with version 12.1 software has been connected for some time and a minor update took the customary 45 minutes on a very fast broadband connection via MyDrive Connect.

I can't see anything about Managing Community Content on MyDrive Connect programme and I have nothing at all relating to TomTom in the Windows Notification Area - even if I open the Window for it.

I'm trying to back up my Favourites and eventually found the Support page http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15190 which tells me without any explanation to click... Manage Community Content as apparently this is how you get to back up.

It just seems so difficult to find what you want from TomTom.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,155 Superusers
    With MyDriveConnect running and the device connected to the computer, there should be a small tomtom icon in the notification area of the COMPUTER next to the clock. Some systems have the notifications hidden. In that case, look for an up arrow in the notification area to see the icons. One should be the tomtom icon.

Right click it and a 'manage community content' link will appear. Click it.
  • NotorietyNotoriety Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Much obliged dhn!! Perfect answer - almost instantaneous! The .ov2 file is now saved. I will now try to see if I can transfer it to a new TomTom in the family.

The link could not have been hidden better. However it has now appeared under customize notification window. Was it me all along???!

Thanks a zillion.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,155 Superusers
    You are welcome.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,507 Superusers
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'