Bandit app - Add soundtrack - file location — TomTom Community

Bandit app - Add soundtrack - file location

Frenzy382Frenzy382 Posts: 33 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Hi,

Can someone give me a bit more insight into the 'add soundtack' ability.?

I know how to do it, but what is the source that the app uses to pull the soundtrack in from? I'm using the android bandit app, and when I try to add soundtrack it's empty.

Many thanks

Comments

• ChrisChris Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Frenzy382, the list will be populated with the MP3s that the App detects on the phone. If you don't have any music files on your phone or they are not in MP3 format, that will explain why you don't see anything here in this option.
  • Frenzy382Frenzy382 Posts: 33 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi,

thanks for that. I have 4 mp3 files present on my phone...nothing showing up though when i try to add soundtrack.
    Are they protected files, if you go to the My Files app do you see them in the Audio directory?
  • Frenzy382Frenzy382 Posts: 33 [Outstanding Explorer]
    i can see them in a directory and can click on them and play the files. Are they supposed to be in a designated audio directory though?
    That could possibly be it, all the MP3 files that I can select in the app are in sub folders in a folder labelled Music
    Other audio files don't appear here. I tested this by moving an MP3 to the root of my phone and found it was no longer selectable in the Bandit App. Interestingly it doesn't seem to matter where the Music folder is located on the phone, the App will search for it and use it's contents.
  • sarahfsarahf Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    We've just been told by TomTom that the Soundtrack functionality is not yet operational in the Bandit software. Has anyone managed to add a soundtrack to a story?
    We were told the only way to add a soundtrack is by using a third party video editing tool.
    Hi sarahf, sorry that you have been misinformed, can you PM me the details of your contact with TomTom so I can follow this up.

If you are not seeing any music to add to your movies, as above first check that the music stored on your phone are in MP3 format and they are located in a folder named Music.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,486 Moderator
    Hi sarahf

I apologies for the incorrect information provided.

I have send a heads up to the customer service to review your case and provide you with a correct solution.

Regards
    Vikram
  • sarahfsarahf Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you Chris...I have now been able to add a soundtrack.