Is MyDrive Connect compatible with Windows 10?

12346»

Comments

• usajayusajay Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE.
    I hit exit my drive connect and closed it.Then I opened my drive connect again and it immeditly connected my tomtom go600.
    This took 2 days to figure out LOL.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,129 Superusers
    Glad you got it sorted.
  • 11lotus11lotus Posts: 120 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I now remember to 'log out' also when finished checking for possible updates.
  • petesimpsonpetesimpson Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    been trying for hours to get my dads TomTom to work in windows 10 with My drive, followed loads of instructions to de install , checking antivirus , usb cables ect ect, all to no avail. so in the end have searched and found a link to the old TomTom Home app, installed this on my windows 10 PC connected up and the sat nav was seen, and updated all with no issues? not sure why if tomtom home will work ok why TomTom cant seen to get My drive working for everyone.......but my issues solved by using tomtom home.
    MyDriveConnect works fine here with Windows 10.

You are correct that the XL model doesn't use MDC anyway but there are various posts and links how one may pursue issues if Windows 10 is the operating system and the device requires that application, not Home.

Here is one for an example:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21428/locale/en_US
  • ejbarberenaejbarberena Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My Via 1500 cannot be updated in Windows 10. It works perfectly on Windows 7. I have 3 Dell Inspiron laptops (for my kids), I was upgrading one by one when I got email from TomTom about new maps and decided to update the VIA1500. I tried from Windows 10 and even if the MyDrive Connect software makes the GPS display connecting, it never gets a connection. Tried different uninstall, stopping antivirus, different ports, etc, Windows 10 does not seem supported by MyDrive Connect. So I took the last Windows 7 machine I had and updated my VIA with no issues. The problem is that the owner of the last Windows 7 laptop is expecting to get it back upgraded. TOMTOM need to fix their software to work with Windows 10 or risk loosing the last few GPS users to Google Maps.
    Windows 10 finally worked for me after 2 or 3 uninstall/install procedures and now works fine.......but there always seems to be a hastle with new software systems.
  • canvinhcanvinh Posts: 1,498 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Windows 10 Home worked for both TT Home and MyDrive Connect. Check your PC if you had installed something special?

Btw, the preloaded Windows 10 is not up to date. You would need to download later versions of Windows 10 using Windows Update.
    The current Windows 10 Home version is 1511, OS build 10586.318

If it didn't work for you. Uninstall the MDC or TT Home. Perform Windows Updates. Re-install MDC or TT Home.

Tips for common issues with MyDrive Connect

Do you have anti-virus software installed? If yes, you should disable it before downloading map updates, and re-enable it after a few minutes.

You should start MyDrive Connect before connecting your device to the PC.

Trouble shooting tips
    • FAQ: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/faq-mydrive-connect-troubleshooting-tips-990570
    • My Device is connected to PC, but nothing happens: https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19190
    • Navigation device not connecting to PC (MyDrive Connect): https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16339
    • Map not found: http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16695/kw/no maps found
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,283 Superusers
    @ejbarberena
    Windows 10 and MyDriveConnect are working just fine here :)

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    I am aware this is an ancient thread, but I have just discovered a new issue that relates to it. I was updating the map on my device using MyDrive Connect and the process kept failing. It took me a while to realise, but I eventually worked out that what was causing the process to fail was launching Microsoft Edge during either download or installation. I have tested this now and found it to be a definite issue on my (windows 10) machine. Can anyone else confirm the issue?
    MyDriveConnect is a stand alone application. Not used as a link in any browser. I have W10, I use Edge and MyDriveConnect works just fine.

Nothing to do with the browser as I said.

Maybe support can help you:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,502 Superuser
    @anguswalker

I also use Win10 but my default browser is chrome and I do not suffer from these problems
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • anguswalkeranguswalker Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes, I'm aware it's standalone and doesn't actually use Edge, which is why it took me a while to work out the connection. However I don't now need support: so long as Edge is not running then MyDrive connect downloads and installs the map update just fine.
    Niall wrote:
    @anguswalker

I also use Win10 but my default browser is chrome and I do not suffer from these problems
    Same here.
  • 2E1AXL2E1AXL Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    duel boot computer thats what ive done my new tomtom go 60 wouldnt update on windows 10 so duel booted with windows 7 booted into 7 updates a treat i know its not ideal but it works till tom tom get finger out
    Maybe delete MyDrive and reinstall and then reboot.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Yes, I'm aware it's standalone and doesn't actually use Edge, which is why it took me a while to work out the connection. However I don't now need support: so long as Edge is not running then MyDrive connect downloads and installs the map update just fine.
    I'd recommend you to contact Customer Service for further investigation.

Cheers, Mikko
  • mjcvazmjcvaz Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    MyDrive Connect on WIN10 don't detect Tomtom GO 6200.
    The driver on installed on Network adapters is "Remote NDIS Compatible Device".
    I have installed and uninstalled lots of times and the result is always the same.
    Is there any driver to install on WIN10 to solve this problema?
    I'm very disapointed with this model.

Thanks
    Did you get your app from TomTom.com or Play Store?
    Anything here?:
    http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21428/locale/en_US

If no help, support when open:

Portugal
    De Segunda à Sexta: Das 10.00 às 18.00
  • Rodt1955Rodt1955 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    My problem is that MyDriveConnect will not load to my Windows 7 PC. It gets about 80% there and then just greys out. Very annoyed as I want to download speed camera info and be able to upgrade maps since I have paid for lifetime maps. Getting very annoyed now.