Still missing new Velsertunnel/Wijkertunnel roads in map 9.70

Jedi777Jedi777 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
edited January 28 in Map quality
Today I downloaded the new v9.70 Europe map om my Go5000. Velsertunnel is closed till January 2017. Road management created special bypasses between highways A9 and A22/A208 to redirect the traffic through Wijkertunnel.

While these bypasses are known for more than a year they are still not included in the newest map version v9.70 leading to very peculiar route suggestions.

Why are these important updates still missing? I think this is very disappointing. :(

Comments

• canvinhcanvinh Posts: 1,498 [Exalted Pioneer]
  • acid-dropacid-drop Posts: 116 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    it's not the job of the users to report.
    Please stop with this non-sense.
    I just passed the same info support would. How about yelling at customer support

Nederland (Holland)
    020 850 1007
    Maandag t/m vrijdag van 9.00 tot 18.00
  • MrNimz368MrNimz368 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I don't think TomTom is concerned whether they have the correct information in their maps or even have addresses in the maps. I have encountered too many missing addresses and POI's to believe that they have maps as a priority. I think they just want to sell devices. If I didn't have Google Maps on my phone I don't think I would find many of the places I need to go.
    I don't know if TT bought the map data from a provider and then added proprietary data for their routing algorithm OR making data from scratch.

Anyway they could have bought map data from the provider that Google bought. Same results for both.

TT stuff is not business, btw. I happen to have 2 TT devices.
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,810 Superusers
    Hi Jedi, are you talking about the additional roads at this location: (52.454802, 4.657989)? Are there other locations where roads are missing? If so, where?
  • Jedi777Jedi777 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Megalos,

You're right! These are exactly the new additional roads that are missing!

52.483797, 4.689338 curve between A22 & A9 and,
    52.444339, 4.665921, curve between A22 & A9.

Google maps are not missing them!
    They are part of a major project (renovating the now closed Velsertunnel) to redirect all traffic through the Wijkertunnel.

I think this is a big fail for TomTom because these additional roads are here to stay even after the renovation is finished. Plans date from more than a year ago and Rijkswaterstaat communicated those to TomTom. We're not talking of some new round-about in some small village but roads that carry 50-100k of car's each day. Would be silly for TomTom to forget this project and wait for feedback of single users...
    Thanks, I will make the reports on the MSR website and update you on the report statuses here in the topic. By the way, the two curves you mention were already on the map, but were still blocked. Hopefully they can be unblocked by the daily Map Share updates.
    Status update:

At the end of May I contacted TomTom and I was promised that these omissions would be corrected with the highest priority (probably within a week). Still no corrections received. Maps on Mydrive are showing the same errors too while Google and Here corrected these a long time ago.
    Mm, that is strange. I heard from TomTom that this cannot be solved by Map Share downloads, and that a new map release is needed for this. Open roads can be blocked and unblocked by Map Share, but these two stretches of road are marked as [Unreachable] and this cannot be unblocked by Map Share I was told.
  • MvanAkenMvanAken Posts: 459 TomTom Employee
    One of our beta testers pointed out that a MapShare patch can indeed unblock the blocked road; he successfully performed this on an older device. Why this not yet done for the newer devices is under investigation.
  • IGIIGI Posts: 140 [Outstanding Explorer]
    acid-drop wrote:
    it's not the job of the users to report.
    Please stop with this non-sense.
    +1
  • davahaddavahad Posts: 67 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Please be more patient. These roads are scheduled to be added to maps in version 13.80.
    I think TomTom is failing BIG TIME here!!!. I just downloaded map 9.75 for my Go5000. Still missing half of the required by-passes while the other half is still closed. Navigation and traffic info (ETA) completely messed up for almost 7 month now!

TotTom, get your act together and fix this!!!
    Just reporting: downloaded v9.80 today and the problem still exists. TomTom failing four times in a row! Even a donkey never hits the same stone twice :-(
    Mikko, what's this?