mapshare report not accepted

jcmnjcmn Posts: 82 [Renowned Trailblazer]
edited January 11 in Archived Discussions
Recently (20 April) I sent a change report in the map related with an error in a roundabout while the next turn indication shows that I should go the first exit in the map the route shows that I should go in second exit.

The report ID is 53a902a3-5829-1034-925e-c363a6198656

and has attached a picture of the device showing the error.

Don't understand why the error is not accepted.

Comments

• justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,096 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Give them a chance. They must get literally hundreds of map errors/corrections every day and, quite rightly, won't accept them & correct their maps until they have been individually checked & verified (just how they do this I don't know but it isn't going to be that quick)

See/read/understand:- https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/ask-a-question-469/map-share-reporter-time-frame-1002506
  • davahaddavahad Posts: 67 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Don't hold your breath. I submitted a correction Feb 2014 and even though it was accepted it was never corrected. Even after 20+ inquiries to tech support, the forum admins, etc. no one was ever able to get it corrected. I've read many others on here having the same issues and TomTom says they have a new map database coming soon that will actually make it possible to implement map corrections in a timely manner. However, that was promised sometime ago and still not delivered. Here is the thread documenting my Mapshare correction.
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/map-quality-75/mapshare-report-accepted-feb-3-2014-still-not-update-android-maps-v9305611-836587
  • MvanAkenMvanAken Posts: 459 TomTom Employee
    I had a look at the ticket and the comment provided had me confused. I do not have access to attachments provided in MSR reports, but based on the comment, closing the ticket was valid. Please create a new MSR report and provide a more elaborate description of the problem you encountered.
  • jcmnjcmn Posts: 82 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    MvanAken wrote:
    I had a look at the ticket and the comment provided had me confused. I do not have access to attachments provided in MSR reports, but based on the comment, closing the ticket was valid. Please create a new MSR report and provide a more elaborate description of the problem you encountered.

If you can't see the attachment of course you don't understand, but I will create a new report with a more elaborate text.
  • jcmnjcmn Posts: 82 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    To help MvanAken understand the situation here is the attachment of the report.
    The issue is that the next turn message "tells" to take the first exit but the map shows the second exit.0abd3ef0-76c0-4e48-89ed-cdc9b63fa088.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online94

Alexanda
Alexanda
bigal152
bigal152
Ossabow
Ossabow
tripple
tripple
YamFazMan
YamFazMan