Music and headphones FAQs

Comments

• ASmugDillASmugDill Posts: 550 [Apprentice Traveler]
    mcsiva wrote:
    Thanks for your input. My mistake on the English.
    No worries. Your English is fine; I just wanted to confirm whether ‘last song’ meant last-played or at the end of the playlist itself. I'm sorry Normal playlist playback order doesn't start from the last-played song for you. I'm only going by (recent) memory here, since I've returned my watch and can no longer re-test the scenario to confirm.
  • mcsivamcsiva Posts: 27 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thanks for your help. Last song or part of last song for me, I meant. Guess you weren't happy with yours, to return it. I'm not a runner, just a walker, and it's easier this way for me. Have fun with whatever watch you have., or get.
    Cheers chris
  • cansemarcansemar Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hello guys!

Just bought the JBL Synchros Reflect BT In-Ear Wireless Sport Headphones, and they are working without any hick-ups, no matter where I´m wearing the TomTom. It gets better: I´m enjoying my playlist while the watch is 3, 4 no 5m away! OK, so here are some more details:
    - Pause / Stop with the headphones is working
    - Changing the Volume with the headphones is working
    - Skip to next track is working
    - Skip to previous track - function not available at all with these headphones

Nevertheless, the bass is somehow poor :-)

Cheers,
    Markus
  • cansemarcansemar Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hello guys!

Due to the fact the the bass was poor with the JBL Synchros Reflect BT, I tested the Dr.Dre Wireless Beats 2 - awesome! Great sound!

- Pause / Stop with the headphones is working
    - Changing the Volume with the headphones is working
    - Skip to next track is working
    - Works on both hands

Nevertheless, the price is quite high, but worth it!

Cheers,
    Markus
  • luisnabaisluisnabais Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    Does anyone know of some cheaper ear-phones for these TomTom devices? Thanks
  • ASmugDillASmugDill Posts: 550 [Apprentice Traveler]
    luisnabais wrote:
    Does anyone know of some cheaper ear-phones for these TomTom devices?
    Well, how cheap is “cheaper”? (Please don't say, “The cheaper the better.”) I've used several different Bluetooth headsets, they all – eventually, or at one point or another – paired with the TomTom Spark Cardio + Music successfully and played music from it, and they were all below US$40.

If you're specifically after headset models which have nothing but a piece of wire between the two earpieces that house the battery and the Bluetooth radio, the JAM Transit Wireless Earbuds are of that design. Mine stopped holding a charge after just two outings, but for what it's worth, they paired with the watch just fine; and who knows, you might be lucky and get a pair that lasts longer. They are not a model and JAM is not a brand I will be recommending to my friends, however.
  • xray79xray79 Posts: 160 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    luisnabais wrote:
    Does anyone know of some cheaper ear-phones for these TomTom devices? Thanks
    I've ordered these (at Banggood) a while ago and used them a few times.
    Bluedio N2 Sport Bionic Bluetooth V4.1 + EDR Wireless Headphone Earphones Headset Stereo Binaural
    They pair fine and with the mobile phone connection is good. With the watch it is ok you will need to wear the watch on the right wrist to prevent drop outs. Good enough for me as i don't use them often, so i didn't want to spend to much (more than 40 euro) on them.
  • road2rotterdamroad2rotterdam Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Hallo Everyone,
    I feel sharing my experiences with JBL Reflect Response.
    - they connect
    - the music is great, with superb neutral sound profile.
    - NEITHER THE HEADPHONES NOR TOMTOM HAS VOLUME ADJUSTMENT....

(with iPhone 6 the skip-backwards doesnt work on the headphone... not only TomTom has issues.)
    My volume problem renders the watches music function useless. Now I have to carry the phone anyway... Why I spent extra money on a music player, without volume adjustment. I cannot think of any other portable (mp3/CD/Walkman) music player without adjustable volume.

Unfortunately the Dutch Media Markt where I bought the earbuds doesnt take the earbuds back, because it is a hygiene article... even though I couldnt use em due to the volume problem.

Thanks TomTom, thanks JBL, thanks Media Markt - I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I submitted this already to the customer service of both TomTom and JBL to somehow include volume control with a firmware upgrade. One would think the one simple requirement for buying Bluetooth sport headphones is the right BT protocol (4.1 A2DP/AVRCP). Thats not enough.

For defense of the TomTom Support itself, the reactions are very quick and they have let me know to be aware of our problems. Thats a small plus there.
    I have been using a Plantronics Backbeat 903+ on my tomtom spark, and haven't had any problems with the connection, forward or backwards music. On a plus sign for the earphones, stupid me had it in the trouser pocket, soaking in water for 4hrs. Thought that's stuffed, but put it in rice, unboiled of course, and after a day it worked fine.
  • Peterlang36Peterlang36 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

I was running today and lost signal to my headphones.
    Is it possible to get signal again wtihout ending activity?

Regards
    Probably press up to music to re pair with head phones. I haven't had that problem yet. They do say to have the watch,, on the same side, as the earpiece control buttons.
    Maybe someone else might have a better idea. Hope it helps.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,717 Superusers
    Hi

I was running today and lost signal to my headphones.
    Is it possible to get signal again wtihout ending activity?

Regards

If it loses paring with the headphones you cannot repair from within the activity unfortunately. I am not sure why it would do this, though. Did you get any warning signs before it cut out (static, beeping, low battery warning, etc.)?
  • GderckxGderckx Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Moderator, after knowing my exact demands for a gps sports watch I bought a brand new Runner 2 cardio + Music last week. As I love to listen to music during workout and reading the negative replies about the Tomtom headphones I decided to also purchase a set of Jaybird X2's with it. I must honestly say I am quite disappointed with the quality of your beautifully marketed product. On some points it still feels like a beta version. Connecting to the app is drama or impossible especially when other bleutooth devices are around (like in the car for example (and yes I follow all steps for troubleshooting)), the current speed on the watch (pace) is inaccurate and updated to slowly and the connection to the headphones is a drama. It did pair correctly but it has drop outs during running. The Bleutooth connection really is terrible, as the connection to my phone is perfect and flawless. I really do not understand why a watch sold as such is not tested in the circumstances where it is meant to be. Yes, I have read you advise to wear my watch right, but com'on the connection to my phones still works at 10m. When are you planning to fix these baby - like Bugfixes on such a high - end presented product?
  • Stevon1990Stevon1990 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I recently registered for the free headphones and since then I have had around 200 confirmation emails saying the headphones will
    Be sent out. I get the same no reply email every 3 minutes. Help!!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,012 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Stevon1990,

Welcome to the Forum !

Have you tried to get in touch with customer support? if not then please click 'contact us' link at the bottom of this page.They should be able to help you further in this regard.

Regards,
    lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• StewartParkerStewartParker Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi has anyone had any success with the TomTom earphones that come with the Spark Sports watch?

I tried them for the first time tonight for a run and they constantly cut out/missed music etc whilst running.

I had the watch on the left wrist which is the same side as the bluetooth sender on the earphones.

Anyone got any ideas to make it connect better?

Thanks
    Hi has anyone had any success with the TomTom earphones that come with the Spark Sports watch?

I tried them for the first time tonight for a run and they constantly cut out/missed music etc whilst running.

I had the watch on the left wrist which is the same side as the bluetooth sender on the earphones.

Anyone got any ideas to make it connect better?

Thanks

Mine work flawlessly, I have to put my left wrist under my right armpit to get them to dropout in fact. One thing I have noticed that how tight you keep the wire seems to make a difference. I unclipped mine a while ago and got better signal. I am not sure why, I can only guess it has to do with the antenna being pressed tightly to the head, cutting off some of the signal. It is worth giving it a shot.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • RensEversRensEvers Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Absolute great update last time (1.3.27), able to pair my Jabra Sport now! Thanks!!
  • Cwac91Cwac91 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi. Just wondering how long it takes for the headphones to arrive? It's says 90 days but is this true?
  • dzjowkdzjowk Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Neither my bluetooth speakers or headset can pair with my cardio music. Although my phone pairs with them flawlessly.
    Does anybody else have a Philips SHQ7300 headset (and succeeded to pair it with a tomtom sports watch) ?
  • ZjostZjost Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Hi,

I've read your help-links, but had no succes. The problem is pairing my Philips SHB5800 with my TomTom Spark. A while ago everything worked fine, since a few weeks it doesn't work anymore. The watch doesn't find the headphones. When reading the topic, I've got the idea that it's because of the update? Is this really the case and are my headphones worthless now?

Hope you can provide my with an answer,

Joost
    Zjost wrote:
    Hi,

I've read your help-links, but had no succes. The problem is pairing my Philips SHB5800 with my TomTom Spark. A while ago everything worked fine, since a few weeks it doesn't work anymore. The watch doesn't find the headphones. When reading the topic, I've got the idea that it's because of the update? Is this really the case and are my headphones worthless now?

Hope you can provide my with an answer,

Joost

I would factory reset the watch and try to pair them again. Make sure the headphones are in pairing mode while on the clock screen and then press up to have the watch search for it (don't go into search mode on the watch first). On most headphones you need to press and hold the power button for an extended period to get into pairing (check the instructions for your headphones). Once they are paired you do not need to pair again, but make sure the headphones are turned on while on the clock screen and then press up to have the watch search for it (don't go into search mode on the watch first). This works for me every time. If I do it the other way and got to search first it often won’t find them. Finally, make sure you are not putting the headphones into pairing each time. On some models if you hold the power button for a second too long it will put it into pairing mode. For pairing purposes, leave the headphones sitting on the watch so they are as close as possible. And again, make sure you are in clock mode before going into pairing mode (just like when you turn them on to listen) and only press up once you have gotten the confirmation from the headphones that they are in pairing mode.
  • ZjostZjost Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Thanx! It worked, I'm paired again!!
  • spider99spider99 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a Bluedio M2 headphone: here my review.
    software 1.3.27

Connection, start paring headphone. start scan on phone Click.. 10 seconds and perfect.
    I can move at least 5 meters from watch without any hick up or disconnection.
    Volume up down : works ( can set it to loud)
    Track next- previous: works ( by holding volume for 3 sec up or down)
    Sound: okay but lacking bass. (but loud!)
    4 hour stamina

3 different earbuts. fits perfect.
    You can still hear street noise. ( good while running outside)
    Now the even greater part the Price: 16,44 euro....
    DX.com item 424196.

I say give it a go. my intention was to buy a JBL, but for now i'm happy and it works!
  • nim busnim bus Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello,

I have a Phiaton BT 220 NC headphones, but I am unable to connect them with my Tomtom Spark music (version 1.3.27).
    The process that I did:
    1. Turn on the headphones (puts them automatically on pairing mode)
    2. Press the up button on the watch in order to start on the pairing
    3. After 5-6 seconds TomTom reports that it is unable to connect. (Tomtom also reports that it cannot connect after only 5-6 seconds when no Bluetooth device is around)

I placed both devices within 5 cm, no other Bluetooth devices were around.

I couldn't find these BT headphones on your list:
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21219/kw/music

Does this mean that I cannot connect them?
    If so, I would have expected you to put a big note/the list of supported headphones on the box of the product.
    The product is called TomTom spark music, which clearly means that music is the main functionality that your costumer expects.

It's important for me to have the noise cancellation feature of the Phiaton headphones, and would not like to switch to any of the headphones on the list (I'll simply stick with the smartphone like I used to).

I'd be happy to know whether you currently or will support these headphones?

Thanks,