My Speed Cameras - "You're not subscribed"? — TomTom Community

My Speed Cameras - "You're not subscribed"?

I have lifetime maps and traffic with this GPS... does that not include speed cameras?

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,020 Superusers
    Which device do you have? Did you enter your TomTom account details in the device's MyTomTom Account menu?
  • bekbek Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks for the response.

I haven't yet entered the activation code on the web site.

Also, I don't see any place in the GPS to enter personal information.  It is the VIA 1505.
    For the activation of the lifetime map, most probably you will have to call CS, as the promo code almost never works.

We had something similar the other day, as there was no menu to enter the details. I try to dig up that post to see what happened.
    Couldn't find any reference for the cameras. Whenever you are going to call to activate the lifetime map update, ask them about the speed cams as well. Haven't seen even a note on the product page either.
    Hmm... I entered the activation code, but the prompt just kind of went away without any mesages.  No new downloads are available to me, either.  How do I know if the map code worked?
    Most probably it didn't go through. Best, call CS, and they can check and activate.
    I shot CS an email.  If they don't get back to me I'll bug 'em with a call.

I suspect the traffic camera isn't part of the TM lifetime subscription, now that this thing seems to be working somewhat.
  • TIGER-045TIGER-045 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Lifetime with TomTom seems to expire after 2 years.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,213 Superusers
    Why do you say that?