Mapshare Report Accepted, Still not updated

2»

Comments

• davahaddavahad Posts: 67 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    It's hard to imagine that they do different map data for different platforms. However, if they do, maybe that explains why it takes them years to correct map data
    We are well past 9 months now going on Month # 20 and we have yet to see the map correction. Although support says it is now corrected when you go online and check TomTom it is still incorrect (see attached screenshot).
    Note that when I put in 5610B TomTom removes the B on the online maps.
    Here is the latest update on this. They now have now escalated and hope to have address fixed soon.
    Really? It's going on a couple of years now what's the hurry?

Victor P., 07/31/2015 03:04 PM
    Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The reference number for your query is 150302-xxxxxxxxx.

Thank you for your response. This is Victor again.

I was checking with the 2nd level technical team regarding the your query. If we check using the co-ordinates, we are able to find the location on the latest map released for PNDs. However while trying to search using address, there is some disconnect.

This has been now escalated to higher level and mapping team has been contacted by 2nd level technical team as they have found many tickets has been created for this address update request. I am touch with them and hope to receive a fix on this issue soon.

I will contact you again once I have a response from them. I appreciate your pateince.

With Kind Regards

Victor P.

Two months later and still not fixed and no follow-up from Victor in Tech Support. 19 months total since the mapshare report and not fixed. TomTom should punt and close up shop as they have no pride in the product they sell. Pretty much the status quo for big companies that are all about profit and don't care if there product is beyond poor.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,058 Superusers
    Try calling again. They are open today. And quote them the reference number.

United States
    866 486 6866
    Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EDT
    Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT
    I've called many times over the years. I've tried Twitter and Facebook. I've tried messaging the moderator of this forum multiple times who has escalated the issue with no results. TomTom is either inept, doesn't care or both. Hopefully one day they will fix this and I can post back here with success.
    Here is the latest update. They now claim the map data is correct but there NAV devices do not work with their data.

If this was true then when you goto to routes.tomtom.com and put in 5610B Corkscrew Canyon Road Tumtum, WA 99034 it wouldn't come back with 5610B does not exist and use 5610 which still takes you to the wrong address.

Dear Mr XXXXXX

The reference number for your query is xxxxxxx-xxxxxx,.

Thank you for your patience. This is Victor again.

We have received response from our mapping team. Our technical has been following up with them on this issue. The issue has turned out to be more complicated than a mere map data issue. While our map team has confirmed that in map data this error has been fixed, there are technical reason why our devices are not able to display this correctly.

We’re still looking into this but unfortunately it’s not possible currently to estimate when we’ll be able to fix this in the devices.

I believe you are still using the old version of application. As that app is no longer supported with app nor map updates, the eventual fix won’t be released for it.

We are following up on this case and will keep you updates with the latest results for the same.

With Kind Regards

Victor P.

Mod edit: Please don't post personal information on a public forum.
    23 Months now and TomTom still has no idea when they will fix the map. I tried posting twice to TomTom Facebook page and no luck. They say they would look into it and then you never hear back from them.

Pretty much same answer when emailing directly with tech support. Apparently it is near impossible for TomTom to do any kind of useful Map updates.
    Nokia Here Maps are correct. Google Maps are correct. TomTom Maps 2 years later after accepting the Mapshare Report is still incorrect.
    26 Months and the accepted map correction has still not been added.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,058 Superusers
    If you put the reference number of your correction here, someone from the mapping division should drop in and investigate.

By the way, do you have the latest (965) map?
    dhn wrote:
    If you put the reference number of your correction here, someone from the mapping division should drop in and investigate.

By the way, do you have the latest (965) map?

Reference # and coordinates are on the very first post. Map Version 965.7248. Believe me they have had all the info they need to make the correction for over 26 months and they are absolutely unable to make a very simple address correction to their map data.
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 35,979 Superusers
    Not like it would improve on this particular case and it sounds very fishy to wait this long, but looks like Google has some issues with that address also. When I zoom in, I can see loads of different buildings with roads leading to it. When I ask Google "what is there", then it says 5610B for all those marked in the yellow circles. Is that possible, or another error?

cb7631b7-c5fb-4507-80fd-76e89fcf27ac.jpg
    Google maps from the Phone works fine and provides the correct destination exactly. Simply put in the coordinates from the first post and compare that to what Google Maps provides. Here Maps works perfectly as well. TomTom 26 months later = failure!
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 35,979 Superusers
    Yes, when you search for the address, it shows the one you mention. But when you right click on a PC via Google Maps on the surrounding buildings, those are all 5610B, according to Google. Is it possible or they don't have it right either? Not the 5610B, but the other building around, marked in the yellow circles.
    Yep my guess is the only address that is correct is the one I submitted. Not sure why anyone would spend time clicking on surrounding homes checking those when it does take you to the correct address. However, if I took the time to submit the coordinates and actual addresses for each of those homes then Google would actually add prior to 26 months or never.

Now if you entered 5610B and Google Maps identified all 10 houses as the same then you might have a point about it not being correct. However it is correct and gives directions to the correct house in both the Phone App and from Google Maps Browser on PC, Mac, etc.

Also Nokia Maps also navigates to the correct house and address.

26 Months later and after dozens of support tix's, follow-up via Twitter and Facebook, multiple posts in this forum and TomTom still cannot fix? You'd think they would have made an exception just for me to fix their maps so they could stop the ongoing documented embarrassment of their map quality.

I was told over a year ago it was fixed and wait for the next map. It would come out and still not fixed. Recently a moderator said two weeks for the new map that contained the fix. That was over a month ago.

The one thing I know is that Map Corrections are not implemented.

I've documented this for 26 months and will continue until they have fixed.
    Is 970 Maps incorporated in TomTom My Drive (online maps mydrive.tomtom.com)? My mapshare correction has still not been implemented in TomTom My Drive and I was told it would be in 970.

If My Drive has 970 then I can confirm the mapshare correction has still not been implemented.
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,792 Superusers
    MyDrive still shows the v965 maps at this moment.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi davahad,

MyDrive uses the NDS maps which are not directly comparable to maps on devices.

v970 will be released for the mobile apps shortly as well.

Cheers, Mikko
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

The reports Zsolt made of this is marked to be fixed in the next update (v975).

Cheers, Mikko
  • KexKex Posts: 2,874 Superusers
    I just searched this address on my TomTom that has map v970 installed.

It replaced 5610B with 5610 automatically in the search box, but routed exactly to the location requested. The destination was shown on single track road that is not named or paved, and branches off about 500 yards from Corkscrew Canyon Rd.
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

The reports Zsolt made of this is marked to be fixed in the next update (v975).

Cheers, Mikko

Just downloaded 975 maps on my Tomtom Go Android and there is no address found for either 5610 or 5610B. What happened to it will be fixed in 975 Maps? 30 months later and Tomtom still cannot fix via the Mapshare correction or any other means.

I have over a years worth of back and forth in a support ticket for this issue and that did not fix. I have posted in this same thread forever and it is not fixed.

Maybe Tomtom should transition away from mapping data and focus on their fitness tracking and golf devices as they do not seem to have the resources nor the capability to provide updated maps.
    After talking to support I tried both 5610 and 5610B again searching the whole map for the address (it defaults to Near Me) and 5610 now gets you to the correct destination. However, 5610B still does not work and is the correct address so hope it does not take them another 30 months to add the B to the address.
2»
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online119

andreasst
andreasst
Curly81
Curly81
Gexxxy
Gexxxy
Leika
Leika
oe5psl