Automatic Re-Routing Issues — TomTom Community

Automatic Re-Routing Issues

pmarquetpmarquet Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
I have been using the Go App for the past several weeks now. Although I am quite satisfied with it's visual characteristics and the Live traffic is not bad at all. However, although the App updates the traffic on my route - it fails to re-route automatically. For a frequent driver like me ( I drive an easy 400 km a day), it is essential to have an up-to-date GPS system that successfully redirects me when necessary.

In order to test whether the GPS does re-direct me automatically, I turned on the option 'ask me so I can choose' when a faster route is available. To my surprise, the App only asked me once(!) to re-direct. This was over half an hour after the traffic was recognised by the app. I am certain that this is not the essence of your application, as it is supposed to respond immediately to any changes in traffic on my route.

My temporary fix is to constantly re-navigate to my address, which forces the application to re-calculate. This, however, is not the way I want to use the application of course. Please inform me on a stable fix for this problem.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi pmarquet,

Welcome to the forum and sorry for my late reply!

A re-routing is prompted only when a sufficiently faster route is available. It might be that this hasn't been the case. I'd recommend you to report this to Customer Service with some more details such as the exact route and time on which you've experienced this.

Cheers, Mikko