Clip to stop camera rotating - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Clip to stop camera rotating

Comments

• banditbennUKbanditbennUK Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi

If you could also please add me to the list - I assume it will not only stop rotation but the annoying rattle that vibrates through my ski helmet and into my head!

If you have my address fine, if not please let me know and I'll pm.

Many thanks
  • firepete999firepete999 Posts: 12 [Outstanding Explorer]
    not tried my camera yet but quessing im going to need one of these too . for my race car
  • BobspBobsp Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I bought a bandit this morning. Set it up etc, mounted it, and went out for a ride to test.

Rsttle rattle rattle is all that can be heard. The metal ring that is part of the rotation mount is whats rattling, there is play in it.

Can I have of of these clips sent out.

Happy with the camera, but cant put up with the rattling. I was just about to send it back, this maybe another option.

What do I have to do to get one? Needed asap, as I am away soon, and wanted to use this camera...
  • GazzaaitkenGazzaaitken Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Received my clip today, what a difference no rattling, camera won't turn now either, actually looks like it's part of the mount once fitted, anyone needing one your better ordering through tomtom support. Received mine in about 3 to 4 days.
  • wingsuitflyerwingsuitflyer Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Wish there was a better way to ask but I need this clip as well.b can one be sent out to me? Camera rotates on opening shock when skydiving.
  • ArmataArmata Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi Julian, the same problem with my camera. I noticed during ride on the bike. The camera tend to tilt. I tried several solutions including extra rubber band to keep camera in position but it still rotated. Can I please get a clip.
  • Nick7179Nick7179 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    HI Julian, I have the same problem with mine I have tried a piece of cardboard but the clip look so much better. The camera still manages to tilt when on the motorbike. Is there any chance of getting one of those clips as well please.
    so how do we get one of these clips please
  • LawrenceB32LawrenceB32 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    My clip arrived in the post today and took less than a minute to fit. For those who need a clip, I suggest doing the following :-

1. Make sure you are logged into the TomTom site with your TomTom id.
    2. In the top right-hand corner of this page you should then see your login id. Click on the green circle with the question mark on it to the left of your name.
    3. On the new page that comes up. click on "Contact", which is one of the options along the top left-hand corner of the page.
    4. I Typed in "clip for Bandit" in the search field and followed the steps to register a support call with Tomtom.

I had a reply in less than 24 hours asking for my address and telephone number. Clip arrived in the UK in just under a week. I hope that is help to others.
  • NarcosepilootNarcosepiloot Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Julian,
    Please add me to the list to receive the clip to prevent the rotation problem.
    Kind regards
    Rolf Nijveen
    NL
    just sent customer support request on subject as per previous posts
  • RealingRealing Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I require a clip for my bandit and a 'beard' for noise reduction any news on these?
  • ATCMikeRATCMikeR Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Would love a clip if you have any left. Not used the Bandit on my Motorcycle helmet yet but by the sounds of it I will need the clip. Thanks in advance if you have any.
  • aquamanjoeaquamanjoe Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I am looking to get a new action cam and was considering the bandit but seeing this problem I ask someone at Tom Tom will this clip work for extreme speed as I am looking to give it to my dad to brake another land speed record (22 so far) and he is looking to break it or set a new one over 200 mph and we need to know will this clip hold or is it just a light weight fix? Can anybody who has received on tell me if it has worked and held at anything of a decent speed? If anybody would like to see him just go to youtube and look up Bonneville stories by Lou Fischer or gray ghost I or II and see him on his 74 ironhead sportster or his 98. Also is there any image stabilization on this cam?
  • aquamanjoeaquamanjoe Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Oh also I want to use it for diving underwater and does anybody know its buoyancy level underwater positive..neutral..negative..and of course with the added float I assume very positive..but i'm asking without it. thanks..
  • ChrisChris Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    aquamanjoe wrote:
    I am looking to get a new action cam and was considering the bandit but seeing this problem I ask someone at Tom Tom will this clip work for extreme speed as I am looking to give it to my dad to brake another land speed record (22 so far) and he is looking to break it or set a new one over 200 mph and we need to know will this clip hold or is it just a light weight fix? Can anybody who has received on tell me if it has worked and held at anything of a decent speed? If anybody would like to see him just go to youtube and look up Bonneville stories by Lou Fischer or gray ghost I or II and see him on his 74 ironhead sportster or his 98. Also is there any image stabilization on this cam?

Hi aquamanjoe,

The clip is an anti-rotation clip, it's not a clip to mount the Bandit to a helmet or other. The Bandit can rotate allowing mounting at multiple angles without the need for bulky mounts to get the camera into the desired position. We noticed that if the Bandit suffered some form of impact it could change the orientation, so to counter this we developed a clip to lock the Bandit so it wouldn't change the way it was rotated during use.

Our mounts use 3M VHB adhesive which is incredibly strong even at high speeds, Bandits have been used externally on plane wings for example without failure.

There's no inbuilt image stabilisation in the TomTom Bandit itself, there are 3rd party video editing programs available however that can do this in post production, YouTube also has a built in image stabilisation that can be used to optimise video.
  • wingsuitflyerwingsuitflyer Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I would not suggest that anyone should possibly void a warranty and do this, but hypothetically.....

If one were to remove the lens cap and look at the locking mechanism that ratchets the rotation of the bandit on it's bracket, you would note that the ratchet mechanism is controlled by a spring metal wire. IF one were to carefully remove the torx screws on the bracket with say, a #5 Torx driver, carefully noting the orientation of the brackets and mount clamp for re-assembly, the front bracket could be removed allowing for the spring metal wire to be removed. The center of the spring wire can then be gently bent upward to provide greater force on the ratchet assembly. I feel confident, hypothetically, that upon re-assembly, the mechanism would remain stable without the use of the clip for most applications that currently have trouble.
    Been over 2weeks now since asking for clip via support as anyone else got one yet. They must have received my message as they sent me a feedback survey
    Mine was posted on the 7th, still nothing...
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,946 TomTom Moderator
    Hi firepete99

I would request you to please update the incident form your end and let them know that you have not received the clip.

They should be able to assist you further.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
    i wish i new how to do that
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,946 TomTom Moderator
    Hi firepete999

Log in on the TomTom website using your email and password: https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact

Once logged in:

# Click on your email address at the top right side, you will get a drop down where you have to click on questions.

Hope this will help:)

Regards
    VIkram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
    clip arrived today thankyou it said instructiond were sent to my email address ,but i have have received nothing . but its not hard to work out .

hopefully this will stop some of the noise problems with the mounting. just the micro phone to sort out now. and editing the software.:8
    Mine arrived today, thank you.
  • Clive_1963Clive_1963 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'd really appreciate one of the clips - I'm off cycling in Alsace (France) next week and just using the camera on a flat commute to work in the UK the rattling was terrible. What is the best approach to get one - I did send a private message to Julian but no response yet...