Is MyDrive Connect compatible with Windows 10? - Page 5 — TomTom Community

Is MyDrive Connect compatible with Windows 10?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,167 Superusers
    Have you read the tips offered by both Zsolt and Mandraghe51 higher up in this thread?
  • KakdeKakde Posts: 118
    Hi IBTRUCKN67,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Have you tried below mentioned link?
    http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21428/locale/en_US

Please let us know, if this link has helped you.

Regards,

Shardul
  • zyglobzyglob Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I had the problem updating my GO600 in Windows 10, but found that a Windows 7 PC couldn't update it either so came to the conclusion that it is an issue between the device software and the latest version of Mydrive rather than a Windows problem. The problem I had was that the device showed as connected but clicking the update button did nothing. Checking in device manager I had the same error message as many others on here.

However, I managed to get the device recognised correctly and updated by reinstalling Mydrive with the GO600 still connected - not disconnected as recommended.

Hope this helps someone
  • 11lotus11lotus Posts: 120 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I keep getting a prompt to update the speed camera Asia pacific but seeing it being the GO6100 and having its own SIM card, I'm wondering why I have to update via my laptop.
  • HawkeHawke Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 and own a TomTom VIA 1530/1535 and The MyDrive Connect program and the device talk just fine. Windows sees the device and I can update the device IF I can keep the program actually running. It won't autostart with windows and a good 75 -80% of the time when I start it up and log in, it just decides to crash. I'll start the program 3 or 4 times or more before the program stays running.

I have run the program as administrator, I have run the program in different compatibility modes both as not admin and as admin. I have installed the program both not as admin and as admin and in the different compatibility modes after doing thorough cleanings. I have 4 freaking Associates degrees in Computer Science and nothing I do seems to help. Am I doomed to just having to start and start and start the program until it decides to cooperate? I hope not.:?
    ......or you might be subjected to the 'squeeky wheel' treatment very shortly.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    11lotus wrote:
    I keep getting a prompt to update the speed camera Asia pacific but seeing it being the GO6100 and having its own SIM card, I'm wondering why I have to update via my laptop.

You don't have to, but the fixed cameras are also available for download in MyDrive Connect.
    Hawke wrote:
    I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 and own a TomTom VIA 1530/1535 and The MyDrive Connect program and the device talk just fine. Windows sees the device and I can update the device IF I can keep the program actually running. It won't autostart with windows and a good 75 -80% of the time when I start it up and log in, it just decides to crash. I'll start the program 3 or 4 times or more before the program stays running.

I have run the program as administrator, I have run the program in different compatibility modes both as not admin and as admin. I have installed the program both not as admin and as admin and in the different compatibility modes after doing thorough cleanings. I have 4 freaking Associates degrees in Computer Science and nothing I do seems to help. Am I doomed to just having to start and start and start the program until it decides to cooperate? I hope not.:?
    That sounds like an installation issue. I'd recommend you to re-install MyDrive Connect.

For further MyDrive Connect troubleshooting tips, please see this FAQ.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Susan DenisonSusan Denison Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm having not trouble now.

Yes it is.........
  • Texas DeputyTexas Deputy Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    dhn wrote:

Yes it is.........

Hmmm...

I recently upgraded my Windows 7-64 to Windows 10. Under Windows 7 MyDrive Connect worked perfectly, but under my newly upgraded Windows 10 the MyDrive Connect will not load.

I read several similar comments here in the forums and totally uninstalled MyDrive Connect (used Revo Uninstaller to ensure a complete uninstall), downloaded the latest version directly from the TomTom website, reinstalled and it still will not load. I have tried several permutations of uninstall - reboot - reinstall and MyDrive Connect will not load. I have turned off my security software and firewall, and it still will not load. I tried setting compatibility mode to Windows 7 and 8 and still will no load... I tried running it manually with administrative privileges, and again, will not load. Reboots between changes ensured a clean opportunity.

Other than rolling back my PC to Windows 7 (I still have a few days before the rollback feature expires), does anyone have any other suggestions to get MyDrive Connect to load under Windows 10?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
    Deputy, anything here?
    http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21428/locale/en_US

Support:

United States
    866 486 6866
    Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EDT
    Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT
    Thank you for your prompt comment, DHN.

The problem is not (yet) recognizing my device, but is simply that the Connect software itself will not load. It worked fine with Windows 7, loading and displaying anything new, then recognizing my device. With the newly upgraded Windows 10 the MyDrive Connect software itself will not load.
    I bumbled about reinstalling it a few times before it worked.
    Thank you for your prompt comment, DHN.

The problem is not (yet) recognizing my device, but is simply that the Connect software itself will not load. It worked fine with Windows 7, loading and displaying anything new, then recognizing my device. With the newly upgraded Windows 10 the MyDrive Connect software itself will not load.

Get the FREEWARE version of Revo Uninstaller from here:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Completely uninstall MyDriveConnect (might show as Home 3).

Get a fresh copy at tomtom.com/getstarted and see if things are better........
    Thanks again for you prompt response. In my original post above I had mentioned that I did use Revo to uninstall it, and downloaded a fresh copy directly from TomTom 3 times, using a fresh copy for each installation attempt.
    I've noticed how things come good eventually, but only after a good rage.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Texas Deputy,

Welcome to the forum!

Please, install MyDrive Connect as an admin and/or in a Compatibility mode (Windows 7 latest SP).

Should this not help you solve the issue, please contact Customer Service for further assistance.

Cheers, Mikko
  • MRychterMRychter Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same thing for me.

I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit, installed as a clean install. When I run MyDrive Connecect freshly installed from your site (https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mytomtom/getstarted/download.jsp#dl-windows) I can't even log in to my account inside of MyDrive, just redirects me to the log in page (same credentials work fine on Win7 and this site). When I connect my device my computer sees it as a TomTom (in device manager) but when MyDrive tries to connect to it I get a "connection failure" message, it tries again same thing and so on.

I tried following instructions from before (http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21428/locale/en_US) but not joy. I tried installing as admin/compatibility mode, still no joy.

When I plug in to a Win7 machine works straight away.

Seems like a driver issue to me.

@TomTom, not sure if you have someone looking at this, but you need to sort this out. Reminds me of the old days when I wasn't able to update my device because of how bad your software was. This is a total turn off for me as a customer. Shortly I will not have a Win7 machine at home and how will I update my device then? Sort it out please.

MRychter
    How many time have you 'uninstalled' .......it eventually work for me and is perfect now but I agree with your frustration at it being somewhat predictable to have trouble initially.
    I'm not exactly knowledgeable but have you tried opening by plugging in your device as a first step?.
    Then do a hard reboot whilst still plugged in..........sometimes it doesn't help to be entirely rational with the TomTom ........stuff just happens FRUSTRATINGLY!
    I was so frustrated with the problems with the TomTom software and several other utilities under Windows 10 that I just rolled back my Windows 10 to Windows 7 before my 30 day rollback period expired.

The TomTom software now works fine again thank you. ;-)
    Makes you wonder why it work only for some (a small minority?).
  • MRychterMRychter Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    11lotus wrote:
    How many time have you 'uninstalled' .......it eventually work for me and is perfect now but I agree with your frustration at it being somewhat predictable to have trouble initially.
    I'm not exactly knowledgeable but have you tried opening by plugging in your device as a first step?.
    Then do a hard reboot whilst still plugged in..........sometimes it doesn't help to be entirely rational with the TomTom ........stuff just happens FRUSTRATINGLY!

A couple of times. Im fairly good with computers and tried for a couple of hours.

Frustration is an understatement. The fact TomTom recommends you use a different computer if your win10 one doesn't work is a JOKE. Win10 has been out for a sufficiently long time for them to get this sorted. There are plenty of devices out there that will do the same task, cheaper and update itself fine, I guess TomTom doesnt care if it looses users...
    Have you tried ringing U.K. customer service as a final resort and put a bit of heat on them?.
  • usajayusajay Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Well I am back again.I have had the go600 in my car for about a month decided to update it today and same problem is back.
    Device manager shows tomtom and driver is the best one but tomtom will not connect to computer win 10.:(