Maps not updated

JaTeJaTe Posts: 71 [Legendary Explorer]
edited April 2018 in Archived Discussions
Just before last Christmas I helped a friend out with some deliveries for a couple of days using a Peugeot van fitted with inbuilt TT navigation (the map being 2 years out of date).
One delivery was to an industrial area which coincidentally extended down to a dead-end and then a bank that had a main road at right angles to it on the other side. By using "Drive to PostCode" the TT sent me to the main road over the bank and not in to the industrial estate, which meant a reasonable detour to correct the error. I reported this by mapshare and then checked with my own Go App only to find the PostCode location was now elsewhere. I updated the mapshare report to reflect the fact that although the postcode had been moved in TT, it was still adrift according to Royal Mail.
My updated report pointing out the continuing discrepancy was again rejected and even today with the latest map on my Go App installed, you still can't navigate to the location successfully. If TT don't want to accept corrected data, then I see little point is wasting time submitting such information.

Comments

• davahaddavahad Posts: 67 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    JaTe wrote:
    Just before last Christmas I helped a friend out with some deliveries for a couple of days using a Renault van fitted with inbuilt TT navigation (the map being 2 years out of date).
    One delivery was to an industrial area which coincidentally extended down to a dead-end and then a bank that had a main road at right angles to it on the other side. By using "Drive to PostCode" the TT sent me to the main road over the bank and not in to the industrial estate, which meant a reasonable detour to correct the error. I reported this by mapshare and then checked with my own Go App only to find the PostCode location was now elsewhere. I updated the mapshare report to reflect the fact that although the postcode had been moved in TT, it was still adrift according to Royal Mail.
    My updated report pointing out the continuing discrepancy was again rejected and even today with the latest map on my Go App installed, you still can't navigate to the location successfully. If TT don't want to accept corrected data, then I see little point is wasting time submitting such information.

TT is saying new Maps would be available shortly and that would resolve my issue I've had for over 2 years with one address. I did get an email today saying there are new maps available. Unfortunately the TT Go App is so bad it cannot even logout of my account nor check for new maps as it always comes up with an error message. I will have to uninstall and then reinstall to even get it to be able to check for new maps. I'm ready to just quit TT but this is like a really bad car wreck and you can't help but look as you pass. Now I'm curious if it will take more than 3 years to actually make 1 map correction.
  • davahaddavahad Posts: 67 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Uninstalled TT Go. Reinstalled and downloaded new maps. Map Version 965.7248 and the map correction is still not fixed.

Then when I go to restore purchases and it won't take my password which happened when I upgraded my phone recently and I had to reset. So now I had to reset my password again. This is just a garbage app with garbage maps. At least everything on TT Maps and Android App are consistently poor.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online77

charlstom
charlstom
DougLap
DougLap
Hirbel
Hirbel
keats2
keats2
KJ78
KJ78