Choose your own adventure with the all-new TomTom RIDER — TomTom Community

Choose your own adventure with the all-new TomTom RIDER

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
edited January 26 in News and announcements
Hi all,

[url=http://investors.tomtom.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=891265"; target="_blank]Amsterdam, 15 January 2015[/url]  TomTom today launches the all-new TomTom RIDER, designed to make every motorcycle ride more exciting. For the first time, bikers can choose the level of twists and turns they want to ride to create their own adrenaline-filled adventure. 

The all-new TomTom RIDER helps bikers discover and explore new routes. Simply select an area to ride on the map and TomTom RIDER will suggest the most exciting round-trip. Bikers can build excitement before setting out by creating and sharing touring adventures with friends and uploading direct to their TomTom RIDER.

We believe that every ride is a chance for adventure, said Corinne Vigreux, co-founder and managing director, TomTom Consumer. So we have designed TomTom RIDER to give bikers more ways to create and discover exciting routes. From the freedom of cruising the open road, to the thrill of leaning into the tightest curve on the highest peak, with RIDER, bikers can create and ride their own perfect adventure.

40905i10C37AB04EDA6506.jpg

The stylish, yet rugged TomTom RIDER has been completely redesigned for life on the road.

An innovative rotating mount allows bikers to switch to portrait view to see more of the bends ahead. It has a glove-friendly, interactive screen to make it easy to find and explore new places. Bluetooth® enabled audio instructions delivered to the headset or helmet, give bikers more freedom to just enjoy the ride.

The new TomTom RIDER is expected to be available in late March/early April 2015.

For more information and to subscribe to update, please go to [url=http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/rider"; target="_blank]http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/rider[/url]

Join the discussion [url=https://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/RIDER/Choose-your-own-adventure-with-the-all-new-TomTom-RIDER/td-p/969652"; target="_blank]here[/url].

Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• derekinmanderekinman Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    If you knew this on 15th January, why did a "helpful" Matthew sell me the previous model on 9th January with the promise that there wasn't a new model on the horizon?
    Luckily I don't tax my bike till April so can return the old miss sold stock for a refund against the new model, where do I return to?
  • SpiliSpili Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any relase date update?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Spili wrote:
    Any relase date update?

Sorry for my late reply!

The new models began shipping a couple of weeks ago and all but the Premium Pack are already available at http://www.tomtom.com/pl_pl/drive/motorcycle/products/index.html

Cheers, Mikko
  • lojolojo Posts: 333 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm no biker but just curious. Did TT think of connecting the device to the Bluetooth helmets so the bikers can use voice instructions as well?

Hopefully it is glove compatible
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,006 Superusers
    It is glove compatible. And as far as I know, instructions can be heard on BT.
  • NordRiderNordRider Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any news on when the Rider 400 Premium pack will ship in Denmark? Just ordered one from the TT webstore...
  • goingbrittishgoingbrittish Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    When will the 400 be available in th US? I think it would make a great companion for my Triumph Sprint 1050 ST!
  • TTChrisTTChris Posts: 964 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    NordRider wrote:
    Any news on when the Rider 400 Premium pack will ship in Denmark? Just ordered one from the TT webstore...

Hi,

I see your order is currently in transit for delivery, you should have it very soon.

Enjoy and do let us know if you have any questions regarding it.

Cheers,
    Chris
  • TTChrisTTChris Posts: 964 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    When will the 400 be available in th US? I think it would make a great companion for my Triumph Sprint 1050 ST!

Hi,

I don't have access to US availability information at the moment, but if I can find out any information for you, I will let you know.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • goingbrittishgoingbrittish Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Please do. I am without a gps and need one soon. Which brand i go with is dependant on how soon the rider 400 will be available in the us.
  • KW1MKW1M Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Revzilla has them in stock (US) NOW...mine is coming tomorrow...
    KW1M wrote:
    Revzilla has them in stock (US) NOW...mine is coming tomorrow...

Thanks for sharing this!

TomTom Bandit is now also available from our US webshop :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • DonsyDonsy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    really lost time updating it, not functioning, hanging, n support, have to ride soon....
    Hi Donsy,

Welcome to the forum!

Could you post with some more details of your problem(s) to the Rider board, please? You're more likely to get help there :D

Also please note, that this is a user forum. TomTom support is available from Customer Service.

Cheers, Mikko
  • eldawidoeldawido Posts: 206 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Is it chance that this all-new Rider device will work as intended?
    I mean especially bluetooth. Crucial issues are not solved for over 1 year.
  • totty100totty100 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Bought a Rider 410 Premium Pack a month ago and it has been excellent. All aspects worked straight away including gloved use, bluetooth for phone calls and directions, waterproof and big battery life.
    Planning ride-outs with my mates has been so easy using My Drive, I can fine-tune the route and download to my TT Rider (and share with my mates).
    I'm in the middle of a big tour all over North Wales and I've not wasted any time getting lost on this trip.
    Speed camera awareness is nearly 100%, particularly average SCs, with the 410 calculating my average speed once in the monitored area.
    Loads of updates already - free for life, as well!
    I cannot recommend this item highly enough - very slick bit of biking kit! :D
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online57

4ndyb
4ndyb
bobcole
bobcole
etschi
etschi
Kartenköner
Kartenköner
kumo
kumo