Is MyDrive Connect compatible with Windows 10?

georgef1535georgef1535 Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
edited January 31 in MyDrive Connect
Is MyDrive Connect compatible with Windows 10?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,188 Superusers
    I understand that it is, yes.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,551 Superuser
    Version 4.0.4.2260 says so in it's release-notes
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • georgef1535georgef1535 Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Niall wrote:

Thanks, I missed that in the release notes.
  • GuihanGuihan Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The correct answer appears to be NO. The driver used by the MyDrive update software was the only driver on my computer that was marked "Device not migrated" during my Windows 10 upgrade. Subsequent discussions with Tomtom Support have failed to find a way to allow my Via 620 to connect to the update program. I have also tried connecting using a different Windows 10 machine, but with the same result. Both of these computers had been able to update my Tomtom when they had Windows 7 installed. I think Tomtom need to come up with a new driver that works with MyDrive Connect on Windows 10.
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling MyDriveconnect. It works for me in Windows 10
    Thanks Does not work for me.
  • FransupFransup Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My GO600 has the same problem. I do not what to do. Probably we need a new driver. Please review the new requirements from Windows 10.
    thanks.
    Guihan wrote:
    Does not work for me.

Here is some further information about Windows 10 and MyDrive Connect.

My computer is a dual-boot machine (originally W7 and XP, but now W10 and XP). I had tried everything Tomtom Support had suggested, including re-installing the driver, changing ports, etc. I have little use for XP these days as it is painfully slow, but I decided to try it with MyDrive Connect. It connected immediately, and I was able to update my Via 620.

I re-booted to Windows 10, deleted all Tomtom software, re-booted again, then downloaded and installed MyDrive again. Sadly, nothing had changed. The computer pings encouragingly when I plug in Via 620, and MyDrive Connect logs me on and tells me about the latest software updates. The only impediment is the words “Not connected” on the screen.

On that evidence, I can only conclude that, without further input from Tomtom, my Via 620 has been cut adrift and is being left to sink out of sight.
  • FransupFransup Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I´m totally agree. I did all what you say and the final results are the same. My machine was originally windows 8 and 8.1 and My drive connect was running perfectly, now, when i update to Windows 10 appears the probleme. I still have some hopness in TOMTOM to solve the question and his capacity to understand a real problem.

:) in waiting status.

Thanks in advance.
  • crustaceancrustacean Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    You 'understand' that it is?

From whence does this understanding come?

Having been all round the houses trying to get my W10 laptop to see the XXL, I checked the link 'Is my computer compatible with TomTom Connect. No mention of Win 10. It looks as if TT need to write a driver for this OS.

TomTom. Please do this ASAP, if not sooner.
  • Menorca ManMenorca Man Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro and my TomTom Go 5000 is recognised by my computer but cannot connect to MyDrive Connect. Have uninstalled/reinstalled Mydrive Connect and carried out all the recommended trouble shooting steps but still no luck. By the way, it all works fine when using my Windows 7 laptop.

So what do we do now?

Try this........

1. Remove device from computer and do a drum reset by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
    2. Reboot the computer.
    3. Connect the device and start MyDriveConnect.

See if it is recognized now.
  • Menorca ManMenorca Man Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    dhn wrote:
    Try this........

1. Remove device from computer and do a drum reset by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
    2. Reboot the computer.
    3. Connect the device and start MyDriveConnect.

See if it is recognized now.
    Thank you for your reply but as I said above, I've carried out all the recommended troubleshooting steps, including the drumroll reset but nothing made any difference. I also tried running MyDrive Connect in various compatibility modes and disabling all programmes listed in Task Manager's start list.

Not sure whether it's relevant but notice that I'm running Windows 10 PRO. I believe the Windows Registry branches and entries differ between various versions of Windows 10. It might help if people stated which version of Windows 10 they have installed.

Regards

Edit:
    I've just noticed there are similar threads in other areas of the forum. Would I have been better posting in the TomTom Go 5000 etc. section?
    Call customer service for further investigation:

España
    Lunes-Viernes: 09:00-17:30
  • usajayusajay Posts: 18 [Master Explorer]
    I am having the very same issues,says go600 is connected but it is not.
    United States
    866 486 6866
    Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EDT
    Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT
    Thank you
    I submitted a incident report with the The TomTom Customer Care Team.
  • jimh72jimh72 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having the issue since updating to W10 about a week ago.
    Hope support comes up with a solution soon.
  • veyselbozacioglveyselbozaciogl Posts: 63 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Niall wrote:

Thanks, I missed that in the release notes.
  • toothtooth Posts: 103 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    For me, the GO6000 connected with MyDrive in Windows 10 and allowed a mapshare update.

But when I tried to reconnect with MyDrive Connect to check pois, etc. Microsoft Edge (the default browser) would not enable the login.

This was however SOLVED by opening Google Chrome and opening MyDrive within that browser.

:cool:
  • jimh72jimh72 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    We seem to be having different issues than Tooth.
    In my case, Mydrive seems to be working ok. My system recognizes that my VIA is connected but the two do not seem to be able to communicate with each other.
  • misseaj56misseaj56 Posts: 11 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Worked great after upgrade to Win10. Updated and as usual, it's quit working on me. Once again my device is not recognized. Checked device mgr, updated, I think, and as usual I can't get it to work again. I do NOT have the knowledge and skill to go thru this every time. I have no one to help me and I'm sick and tired of this crap. I bought the extended warranty. I'll return the GD thing.
  • misseaj56misseaj56 Posts: 11 [Outstanding Explorer]
    My device mgr troubleshooting states "USB input device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0. Everything states my TomTom updated - 4.0.4.2260.
    You can try a non usb 3 port. Also, call customer service to assist:

866 486 6866
    Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EDT
    Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT
    misseaj56
    That is the same message I got,then the next morning I tried again and it worked fine.It is still a mystery
    but it seems to work fine now.