Memory always shows 2 bars and old exercise still present

froggyranita
froggyranita Registered Users Posts: 58
Outstanding Wayfarer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello, i have noticed that despite having synchronized my watch, the internal memory information stills shows 2 bars out the 5 available.
How comes, after synchronizing it does not show 0 bar?
Furthermore, i see in my list of activities an old exercise that i cannot get rid of. It looks as it is "locked".
I think i used this exercise once as a "race" but it is not listed as such in the web application mysports.
How can i get rid of that exercise on my watch? (i did much more than 10 exercise after that one).

Thanks, Pascal

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Hello, i have noticed that despite having synchronized my watch, the internal memory information stills shows 2 bars out the 5 available.
    How comes, after synchronizing it does not show 0 bar?
    Furthermore, i see in my list of activities an old exercise that i cannot get rid of. It looks as it is "locked".
    I think i used this exercise once as a "race" but it is not listed as such in the web application mysports.
    How can i get rid of that exercise on my watch? (i did much more than 10 exercise after that one).

Thanks, Pascal

That activity file is probably corrupt which is why it is not clearing and not on MySports. Your best option is to perform a factory reset which will clear the watch and reinstall a fresh image, which may solve the issue. If it does not I would suggest calling Customer Support and seeing what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum.

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the watch to your computer. The Connect window will open up and you will see a button at the bottom of the window that says "Factory Reset". Press it and follow the steps provided, giving the watch the same name and using the same email address. When prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact Us, and fill out the web from (select the Sports Watch and the issue - doesn't matter which one) it will show the Phone Us button, Press it and it will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the top right corner of the screen).

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • froggyranita
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Resetting the watch did the trick.
    I hope the corrupted file was not because i used it in the "race" mode and then afterwards deleted it in web app.
    Time will tell.

Thanks, Pascal
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Resetting the watch did the trick.
    I hope the corrupted file was not because i used it in the "race" mode and then afterwards deleted it in web app.
    Time will tell.

Thanks, Pascal

That would not cause it, it was likely just a glitch at some point. Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • froggyranita
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Again the same issue...
    Resetting the watch will probably again fixes the issue, but i'll have to put back the settings i had before as the resets erases the user settings (like auto-lap ON) and this is a bit annoying...

Regards, Pascal
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Again the same issue...
    Resetting the watch will probably again fixes the issue, but i'll have to put back the settings i had before as the resets erases the user settings (like auto-lap ON) and this is a bit annoying...

Regards, Pascal

Most of the settings should stay on, all I find needs to be adjusted is turning off the Buzz (I keep it off) and entering my wheel size for cycling. All the personal stats come off MySports. I actually reset mine regularly to make sure I am working off a clean firmware as they seem to degrade over time.
  • froggyranita
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    "Most of the settings should stay on"... yes most of them, but not the "Lock" and the "Splits". At least that is what i found out.
    But i also admit that the "reset" is quickly done and if you know which settings you should put back it is even easier!

Regards, Pascal
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    "Most of the settings should stay on"... yes most of them, but not the "Lock" and the "Splits". At least that is what i found out.
    But i also admit that the "reset" is quickly done and if you know which settings you should put back it is even easier!

Regards, Pascal

Lock stays on for me, I haven't actually checked splits (I don't use it that often). As you pointed out, it is easy enough to fix those few settings afterwards. Since they are watch specific, not user specific, MySports does not remember that setting to when it resets the watch.
  • Koliiikh
    Koliiikh Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    The same problem with 2/5 full memory. Factory reset is the solution, however, annoying to be done a couple of times during a year. I guess this to be likely some FW/SW bug. I suppose it works in this way: the activity is usually transfered to MySports, there is likely some tag added or remarked to the file that activity has been transfered and therefore it can be erased from the watch memory. I suppose for some reasons this does not work correctly, the activity remains signed as non-transfered and therefore it is not erased. I do not understand why this issue cannot be investigated and rectified by TomTom SW programmers. Apparently, looking to TomTom forum, it is a common problem, faced by many TomTom watch users.