Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app? - Page 8 — TomTom Community

Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app?

Comments

• aons76aons76 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks.
  • HermHerm Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Please add a 'Winding Roads' option for routes for using on motorbikes.
  • EpuigmartinEpuigmartin Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    We riders need 1) winding roads and 2) importing routes (multiple formats). Otherwise, we have to buy other products such as Garmin or BMW
  • crmcateecrmcatee Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So we're five months later on from the originating post and we're currently on V1.3 which according to the Apple App store added two items which weren't even on your original list. How about getting round to completing that list first ?

How about Syncing with Mydrive so that Myplaces are sent automatically (I notice that the android App version works already) and it's a right pain in the butt trying to do any route planning on TomTom at the moment.
  • DanWildermanDanWilderman Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Next time you decide to release a beta version as a "free" update, please warn us. The "new" version with all the missing functions is MUCH less useful than my original (rather expensive) app.
    Is there any way of going back?!!!
  • Scott ChapinScott Chapin Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Has development stopped? There's a lot still missing and builds are few and far between.
  • esspeecyesspeecy Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
    Just make the two versions consistent!

Android app can talk to MyDrive to keep My Places in sync, iPhone app can't.

IPhone app can display navigation instructions as a pop down at the top of the screen, the Android app can't.

IPhone app seems to have better control over navigation volume, the Android app seems to control the whole Media volume which means balancing Tomtom volume with music playback volume is near impossible.

And so on.

Thanks
    Shaun
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Shaun,

Thanks again for your feedback!

The team is indeed working on bringing the apps on the same line as much as possible. However, due to the different software and hardware environments this is not a trivial exercise, and the Android version has a considerable head start. For more information about what the team is currently working on for GO Mobile for iPhone, please see

Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app?

Cheers, Mikko
  • cuckcuck Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The promise in the first iPhone tomtom version was support itn files, the "Waypoints (add stops to your route)". That was my reason to buy it and the reason to ask my money back.

So I vote for the "Waypoints (add stops to your route)"!
  • loekfloekf Posts: 28 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Just noticed there's a new version in the Appstore. It adds three things: iOS10 support, winding roads and 3D Touch support.

Still missing:

- Add stops to your route
    - Show alternative routes
    - Avoid roadblock
    - MyDrive Sync (sync with TomTom MyDrive to safely back-up and restore your favorite places and import community POIs).

3D Touch is nice, but please focus on the important ones. I have an iPhone 7, but 3D Touch is for me a gimmick.

Oh and btw, educate the dev team. Google Maps has an option for "Play voice over Bluetooth" and "Play as Bluetooth phone call" for ages. This ensures in the car, the car radio is interrupted and navigation sounds are played via Bluetooth.

Please add this.
  • Ainsley001Ainsley001 Posts: 35 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I just don't see how a SatNav app can even be called that without these two things:

- Avoid roadblock

What on earth are you supposed to do if you come up against an obstacle that the app doesn't know about or am I missing something?
  • loekfloekf Posts: 28 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Ainsley001 wrote:
    I just don't see how a SatNav app can even be called that without these two things:

- Avoid roadblock

What on earth are you supposed to do if you come up against an obstacle that the app doesn't know about or am I missing something?
  • PeCrePeCre Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Still no waypoints! I'm so disappointed with this update, again! TomTom, please!
  • PolarMonkPolarMonk Posts: 41 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    And the frustration continues... And there are so many better alternatives!
  • simagesimage Posts: 18 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Sure are but I made a mistake and paid for 3 years subscription. Not the best move.
  • berrrtieberrrtie Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    I can't believe Avoid road block is still missing..
    Who the hell cares about 3D Touch gimmicks and winding roads

Core navigation features are missing.. sort your priorities out for Christ sake
  • PolarMonkPolarMonk Posts: 41 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    So did I, but I got a refund within 14 days from Apple.
  • kipodikipodi Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ipad / iPad-Mini interface please.
  • Scott ChapinScott Chapin Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Winding roads? Seriously?
  • LuanniLuanni Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Mikkok, so far we had only excuses from you. 6 months gone and we still get the same replies that the team is working hard to come up with simple features that any satnav should have. Why did you put a product on the appstore if its half ready for use???????

You are trying to copy waze interface and features. Waze is free tomtom is not.

Once tomtom was user friendly and easy to use and that is why a lot of people especially in europe used tomtom. Now tomtom is just another satnav app like many free others on appstore

Is tomtom going the same way as Ericsson Mobile phones and Nokia? Have you run out of ideas? What is wrong with you people at TomTom????

No more excuses. Sort it out or tomtom might be a thing of the past.
  • EMP83EMP83 Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    @Luanni: very true.
  • myiannakoumyiannakou Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    When approaching the end of destination can you please make the app repeat the house number and road and also which side of the road it's on?
  • Willem MWillem M Posts: 22 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for winding roads, much apriciated. No need for "avoid roadblocks".
  • leebo62leebo62 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    You're doing well on the app improvements. Waypoints is what I need to move from the old app to the new Go app.
  • leebo62leebo62 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    For all those complaining and comparing TomTom to other "free" apps, you're comparing apples to oranges. "Free" apps like Waze require cellular data to function, TomTom does not. That is the main reason to have the TomTom app. There are lots of places that don't have cellular service.