Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app? - Page 5 — TomTom Community

Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app?

Comments

• Willem MWillem M Posts: 22 [Apprentice Traveler]
    No they don't. Its the app
  • PolarMonkPolarMonk Posts: 41 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Pls don't gimme that Android vs Apple bullshit. A navigation app which isn't capable of updating maps, show the chosen route in text, pick an alternative route in case of traffic jam etc., is no navigation app at all! Besides that, it has a serious battery drain issue. Already took a look at Sygic, which has it all.
    I'm not saying it has no potential, but for me this is version 0.8, not 1.1. And don't blame Apple for that.
    Im happy with the app, even on iOS. just read my former posts and You understand what i ment
    Android vs iOS, i use both.

You got youre refund already? Now it's time for tomtom bashing?
    I think it's sad to react on topics this way. Please be more considerate.
    I'm trying to motivate them to do an update that makes the app better. At least to make it a bit more like it is on an android device.
  • texyboytexyboy Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Maybe its the software on YOUR fone that causes issues. You could have corrupt software.
    What issues?
    Guess you didnt read.
  • motosanmotosan Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That's all great, but Winding Roads, please please please.
    This is the reason why I dumped my Garmin Zumo and went for TomTom iOS app. And now, it's gone?
    Please please please bring it back. Make it a paid feature if you need, but bring it back...
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback!

I just wanted to drop by to tell you (again) that I'm logging all the feedback here and reporting it to the product team to help them prioritise items in future releases. That being said, please bear in mind that we get feedback from many other sources as well and there are also other considerations (e.g. technical, business) bearing on the prioritisation. So don't loose hope if all your requests are not all in the next release ;)

I also noticed that the discussion gets sometimes a bit confusing here as it gets longer. A good way to make things clearer is to quote the comment you're replying to. You can do that either by clicking the quote button on the bottom of the comment or by using the BBcode (click the question mark on the bottom right).

Keep the feed back coming! :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • TimRobTimRob Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any chance you can let us know when the next update will be please?
  • AsiolgwAsiolgw Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The app itself has problems, the most obvious one one being the inability to hear directions. Can you prioritise the inclusion of an independent app volume control, not one linked to the volume control of the phone.
  • PolarMonkPolarMonk Posts: 41 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback!

I just wanted to drop by to tell you (again) that I'm logging all the feedback here and reporting it to the product team to help them prioritise items in future releases. That being said, please bear in mind that we get feedback from many other sources as well and there are also other considerations (e.g. technical, business) bearing on the prioritisation. So don't loose hope if all your requests are not all in the next release ;)

I also noticed that the discussion gets sometimes a bit confusing here as it gets longer. A good way to make things clearer is to quote the comment you're replying to. You can do that either by clicking the quote button on the bottom of the comment or by using the BBcode (click the question mark on the bottom right).

Keep the feed back coming! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Hi Mikko,

Looking at all (mostly) negative feedback in this topic, you would think that Tomtom leaves no stone unturned to make all Tomtom GO users happy users again. I'm under the impression they are not. Summer holidays are coming and users want a decent app to navigate them through Europe. Why wait so long with updates? Why is it still not possible to even update the maps (which is why I pay for!)? Why not give users what they pay for at all?
    Basically the app is ok but lacks too many features compared to other TomTom devices. Please bear in mind that customers can make or break an app like yours. So I suggest TomTom gives me a decent update asap. It will restore my faith in TomTom.

To contribute a suggestion: please add 3D touch to your app. Just press the icon and navigate home. Would be great! Other apps (e.g. Here) has it already.
  • Clint989Clint989 Posts: 41 [Outstanding Explorer]
    OMG. Just seen the latest update. Virtually unchanged since the last update barrring a few basic contact serching options. At this rate it will be years before we see the way-points, traffic info bar, etc. changes required to turn this from a toy into something useful.

Does TomTom's devlopment team consist of one (very unprpoductive) developer?
  • TomtomByronTomtomByron Posts: 17 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Very minor changes plus updated map. Nothing to cheer for. Simply pathetic.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

I updated the FAQ regarding the latest release. For more about this release, please see here.

Cheers, Mikko
  • BastardSheepBastardSheep Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    The most important feature for me at the moment is a way to adjust the volume of alerts independently of the volume for the phone. In v1.2 you've added that for voices, but my main concern is the alerts. I have speeding & camera alerts enabled, and am almost always playing music or podcasts from my phone when driving. If it's a quiet piece of music or podcast, I have to turn up the volume. Then when I approach a camera or accidentally go over speed from a hill, I get the living %$@$# scared out of me by the damned alerts.

Second most for me is a change to the way the speeding alerts work. There's a few roads I regularly travel that have changed their speed limit (and one I travel at least four times a week that changed two years ago - TomTom still hasn't fixed their maps despite it being a major motorway in Sydney, Australia). Unless I keep my speed absolutely constant, within 1kph, the speeding alert beeps are almost incessant! Can we make it so they don't go off if one has gone off in, say, at least 5 seconds? Preferably a bit more?

Another feature I'd like added to the list (but it has a lower priority for me than the options currently on your list in the original post), is the ability to add favourite locations. I have 4-6 places I go regularly that I always want up the top. The "recent destinations" helps, but these 4-6 still often get lost in the list or move a fair way down (if I've had a busy weekend out of my usual areas). Just places you can pin to the top of the recent list would be great.

Edit: With the v1.2 update, with the addition of a "drive to work" option you now need to scroll to report a speed camera. Surely the feature you want people to use WHILE DRIVING should be available without scrolling, in the least distracting and attention diverting way possible?
  • CappCapp Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The text stating the upcoming delay is unreadable. The text colour is dark red on a dark black background. Furthermore you should ditch the sec. I am really not interested in any delays less than a minute.
    It is unreadable and so dangerous. I need to know if I am looking at a 40 seconds delay or a 40 minutes. delay I have to take my eyes of the traffic for a considerable amount of time to see if my navigation shows sec or min. (seconds or minute) Meanwhile I can get killed in traffic.
  • BulletFossBulletFoss Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    TOM TOM

One of your biggest problems here is the battery drain.
    I had a 4 hour drive this morning, using my iPhone 6 plus to navigate.

My phone was connected to the official TomTom USB car charger the whole time.
    Started at 100% when I left. Arrived at my destination with only 12% remaining, so I now have 12% to last me all day.

This is ridiculous, you should not be going live with an app that drains battery life so quickly.
    The APP is a navigation system, key for long drives, so it really is unaaceptable to have this issue.

Did this not get picked up in post-dev UAT?
    and if it did (which it must have), then why did you go ahead with release anyway? Thinking it's not important?

This needs to be sorted, I have paid for the APP but have to stop using it, otherwise I cannot use my phone to do my job during the day.
    iPhone 6S Plus here too, I've never had my phone drain while charging. It sounds like your charger is broken or there's something else wrong with your phone. In fact my phone charges as expected when connected to power in my car with the TomTom app running providing guidance and music or podcasts playing. Slower than when I'm not doing all those things, but it still increases.

What you're experiencing isn't normal behaviour for this app. Something else is going on there.
  • Clint989Clint989 Posts: 41 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Capp wrote:
    The text stating the upcoming delay is unreadable. The text colour is dark red on a dark black background. Furthermore you should ditch the sec. I am really not interested in any delays less than a minute.
    It is unreadable and so dangerous. I need to know if I am looking at a 40 seconds delay or a 40 minutes. delay I have to take my eyes of the traffic for a considerable amount of time to see if my navigation shows sec or min. (seconds or minute) Meanwhile I can get killed in traffic.

100% agree. And fixing this would take approximately 5 minutes: 4 mins to pick colours that people could actually see & 1 minute to amend the code.

Is it possible that none of TomTom's developer/s actually use their own product? How else could these invisible colours have been chosen in the first place, let alone still be unchanged?
  • BulletFossBulletFoss Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    iPhone 6S Plus here too, I've never had my phone drain while charging. It sounds like your charger is broken or there's something else wrong with your phone. In fact my phone charges as expected when connected to power in my car with the TomTom app running providing guidance and music or podcasts playing. Slower than when I'm not doing all those things, but it still increases.

What you're experiencing isn't normal behaviour for this app. Something else is going on there.

This applies to my girlfriends iPhone 6s too.

Nothing to do with the charger, as when it's off charge, you can expect a full battery to last 3 hours max during navigation.
    All you need to do is trawl through this forum and you'll find tons of users complaining of the same issue.

The phone gets VERY hot too.
    None of my other navigation apps cause this much battery drain, and my charger will charge the phone when using them.
    So the problem MUST be with the software and it's power efficiency.
  • simagesimage Posts: 18 [Apprentice Traveler]
    BulletFoss wrote:
    TOM TOM

One of your biggest problems here is the battery drain.
    I had a 4 hour drive this morning, using my iPhone 6 plus to navigate.

My phone was connected to the official TomTom USB car charger the whole time.
    Started at 100% when I left. Arrived at my destination with only 12% remaining, so I now have 12% to last me all day...

Been using cheap 10 EUR dual charger and one for 20 EUR (official Belkin). Both even charge the phone while using app and not draining it.
    Phone is iPhone 6.

But yes - there is a drainage since phone is very hot but any decent charger should be able to handle it. Just buy one with 2.1A current and not 1A version. So - the problem is your charger.
  • babyboxbabybox Posts: 51 [Master Explorer]
    Clint989 wrote:
    Capp wrote:

100% agree. And fixing this would take approximately 5 minutes: 4 mins to pick colours that people could actually see & 1 minute to amend the code.

Is it possible that none of TomTom's developer/s actually use their own product? How else could these invisible colours have been chosen in the first place, let alone still be unchanged?

I agree totally with this

This problem also applies to exit roads where the name of the city is very difficult to read. So also very dangerous
    BulletFoss wrote:
    Nothing to do with the charger, as when it's off charge, you can expect a full battery to last 3 hours max during navigation.

Can't say I've ever been stupid enough to use my phone for navigation while off charge, regardless of app. Especially for a trip that long. It's just asking for trouble.

You were talking about it being on charge, now you're talking about it being off charge. Which is it?
    BulletFoss wrote:
    All you need to do is trawl through this forum and you'll find tons of users complaining of the same issue.

You're not going to get people complaining when it's all working now, are you? I just happened to come by with other issues. I didn't come here to post "OMG IT WORKS SO WELL DAMN YOU TOMTOM!"
  • YupTupYupTup Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i find the TomTom 400 Rather slow as h*ll. How come they put some poor processor in that device? The old TomTom rider was way quicker.
    How ever it does have more functions. I am very interessted in the TomTom Go App when they put back the curved routes in the TomTom Go App. I will spend money for it!
  • JouhkiJouhki Posts: 26 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    BulletFoss wrote:
    So the problem MUST be with the software and it's power efficiency.
    TomTom GO has indeed battery drain issues. However your phone not charging but in fact losing battery life is an issue with your charger and/or cable used.
    You indeed find more posts about battery drain from other users on this forum but not many which lose battery life while having the phone on the charger. I'd say you see this a bit black and white, software (TT GO) is part of the problem but not the whole problem.

Personally i have GO on 3 iOS devices and yes it's a battery drain but my chargers can charge all 3 devices to 100% or keep it at 100% while GO is running with some other stuff going on in the background.