Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app? - Page 4 — TomTom Community

Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app?

Comments

• nicjwinnicjwin Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Add HFP to enable voice prompt over built in car audio with bluetooth, if i pay for speed cameras id like to hear them without remembering to turn off airplay.
  • rgarside_un37rgarside_un37 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Finding alternative routes by specifying parts of the route to avoid is essential - a very valuable feature in the previous tom-tom iPhone apps
  • DonkeyoatayDonkeyoatay Posts: 49 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    All of the above plus:

Also, I don't see the point of the 3D buildings at all. When driving you are not site seeing. We need just essential detail, to keep the display uncluttered - the design team need to read up on jet fighter situation awareness and consider driving rather than staring out of windows at the scenery!

I agree 100%. I will not use GO until the map sizes are reduced drastically. I see no point whatsoever having 3D buildings. This is a navigation app, not a sightseeing aid.
  • martin.armstrongmartin.armstrong Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Enable the avoidance of surfaced single track roads with passing places eg. in GB. (this applies to the old app as well)

Choosing fastest route does not avoid them, even though they do not provide the fastest route if they are driven over at a safe speed, which is much lower than the speed limit of 60 mph which applies to normal 2-way roads, especially if they are windy with high banks on each side providing very little limited visibility of the road ahead (often 30 mph is too fast with these type of roads).

As regards the other proposed features all in the list are needed to make it at least as good as the old app..
  • cjasper84cjasper84 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    PLEEEEASE add the winding roads feature as well as the ability to add waypoints. I want to use this app on my motorbike and this is a deal breaker. I don't want to go and buy a TomTom device for my bike at a cost of £300+ when my phone is capable of doing this. At this moment in time I am deciding if I should purchase a subscription to TomTom GO for iPhone or buy the Co-Pilot GPS app. I prefer the map layout and UI of TomTom but Co-Pilot has ALOT more features. For instance, you can edit and change routing preferences (eg car, motorbike etc. with custom routing options for each). Also, Co-Pilot has a one off cost of £20 where as TomTom GO is £15 for 12 months.

I really want to use this app but at the moment it is lacking too many features for me to part with any money. I can't help but feel TomTom have released a beta version rather than a finished product. If you are working on these updates, why not wait until you have developed them before releasing the app?
  • ICMcDICMcD Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    The most vital function for me would be the re-instating of the power to avoid areas: it's essential, yet I see no sign of it in the list of things to come. Second to that would be the ability to remove of any references to petrol stations and speed cameras - if people don't want to be caught speeding, they should obey the law and stay with the speed limit; it's an absolute requirement, not an option!
  • bleaterbleater Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    My top requests:
    - "2D North Up" guidance mode.
    - Ability to have guidance in German although my phone language is English.
    - Remove petrol stations from traffic display (petrol stations also show up if you choose cycling route!)
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 333 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Enable the avoidance of surfaced single track roads with passing places eg. in GB. (this applies to the old app as well)

Choosing fastest route does not avoid them, even though they do not provide the fastest route if they are driven over at a safe speed, which is much lower than the speed limit of 60 mph which applies to normal 2-way roads, especially if they are windy with high banks on each side providing very little limited visibility of the road ahead (often 30 mph is too fast with these type of roads).

As regards the other proposed features all in the list are needed to make it at least as good as the old app..
    +1 For me.

When you drive in Cornwall, Devon, and Gurney and Jersey (in the Channel Islands) there are times when you'd rather avoid surfaced single track roads especially when it's tourist season and the roads are crowded.

Regards
  • PeterViccPeterVicc Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    BIG improvement on the old app, so thanks TomTom, but just to put some weight behind waypoint / stops feature request please! The most pressing missing feature for me.
  • tomtompradeeptomtompradeep Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This is something really helpful feature missing in this app which is iPhone navigation 'Allow HFP prompts' option to play navigation sounds through car speakers even the car is set to play music in different modes other than Bluetooth itself. Hopefully someone can look into it. Thanks
  • Clive TrezonaClive Trezona Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Would it be possible to create seperate folders in "My Places"?
  • RobodonsterRobodonster Posts: 23 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Android has it already, please please add "mydrive" priority one and 2nd as with Android update add "power reduction"

Thanks
  • berrrtieberrrtie Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Any idea's as to when these new features will be added??.. Not having 'Avoid Roadblock' has caught me out numerous times now
  • amu0373amu0373 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Or select which fuel stations to show (Shell, BP, etc.).
    As a business driver we have a patrol card that only allows to get fuel at Shell. So all other petrol stations are of no interest.
    I think a lot of business drivers would like this feature.
  • amu0373amu0373 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    With the summer holiday season coming up, I think it is much wanted if the following features will be implemented before the end of June:

- Waypoints (add stops to your route)
    - Show alternative routes
    - Avoid roadblock
    - MyDrive Sync (sync with TomTom MyDrive to safely back-up and restore your favorite places and import community POIs).

I think you even might attract new customers if you implement the Waypoints.. this will be an awsome feature for my holiday trip.

Please note, that the above is not in an order of priority and we cannot give time tables of when they'd be available. However, we'd be happy to hear which feature you find important in a navigation app :D[/quote]
  • wandaboutwandabout Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Two requests please:

1. I'd like to be able to see the map properly- it is simply TOO DARK and there is no option for an alternative higher contrast alternative. When wearing sun glasses to reduce glare (sun shining on a we road, or just a very bright day) the screen becomes pretty well impossible to read. This is not the case with my alternative in-car Mazda Tom Tom system which remains very easy to view.

2. I'd like to be able to see the total DELAY displayed on the main map screen.

Thank you.
  • PdrkePdrke Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Also, I don't see the point of the 3D buildings at all. When driving you are not site seeing. We need just essential detail, to keep the display uncluttered - the design team need to read up on jet fighter situation awareness and consider driving rather than staring out of windows at the scenery!
    Totally agree, Last week I went to Monaco and when entering the center of the city my screen was totally messed up with 3D buildings. It was quit hard to follow the road on the screen. it is really distracting. Let the people choose, 2d map or 3d map. this will even help the people with phones that have not enough memory.
  • Willem MWillem M Posts: 22 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Some time ago I contacted support by mail and asked them when 'kronkelroutes' would be available for the app and they told me it could be in the next update.
    Well, is it? And when wil the next update available?
    I hope it will be soon because I want to use it on my motorcycle :):)
  • HerbaldewHerbaldew Posts: 26 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would like to see a pushed notification when a newer version map is available.

I would rather know of a new map in advance and get it installed rather than to only find out about it when I was ready to use the app. It's not like you can just quickly download it before using given my map's size is ~6 GBs lol
  • babyboxbabybox Posts: 51 [Master Explorer]
    Hopefully the waiting is worth it

TomTom writes on it's own twitter in a couple of weeks.... there will be an update

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomTom/status/735072042119135232
  • Willem MWillem M Posts: 22 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Really hope for spannende route options.
  • texyboytexyboy Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    nearly all nav apps do this - you have to if possible use the charger while you use the app - no big deal if your in a car, or bike etc. walking about - well just use it on and off while you walk
  • PolarMonkPolarMonk Posts: 41 [Prominent Wayfarer]
  • texyboytexyboy Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Whats no good about it? I have the android version on sony experia z3 compact, works great, tour all over with it. Create routes, save them, its backed up with sync as well. All my contacts are synced automatically. Great. Why carry 2 devices... No brainer. Maybe it the apple thing.. They do have a lot of software issues/ unreliability.