Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app? - Page 14 — TomTom Community

Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app?

Comments

• StefkeStefke Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    since 1 week i'm driving brand new Mercedes. Over the years i got used to TomTom, for its intuitive UI, speed of calculations and for Live traffic (free upgrade from 'old' iOS app, also in my Renault embedded navi). Embedded navigation system (Garmin) nor the Apple Maps through CarPlay can match TomTom.
    I've seen different discussions on TomTom supporting Carplay but I believe it belongs in this topic on 'WHICH FEATURES WILL BE ADDED IN THE FUTURE TO THE GO MOBILE FOR IPHONE APP?'. This could really make a difference for TomTom!
    The more people asking for it, I hope it becomes more clear to TomTom to really make an effort to add Carplay support!
  • APYAPY Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I Disagree about search is similar to we search in google maps. Google maps finds easy for example: A retail store or so on.
  • Joppe91Joppe91 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I see posts goin' back since the release of GO Mobile asking for Iphone Mydrive support and being able to import .GPX files.
    Always the same reply: "we're working on it".
    I've been scrolling trough forums and comparing for the best option for me.
    I use navigation for my motorcycle, car and work (other car), best solution for me is to go to other brands.
    Bye TomTom!
  • ApcharaApchara Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Will this include abilty to include routes setup in mydrive?
  • Mike RethMike Reth Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    ok it has been very very long time for the ios to support Mydrive and import gpx files that there is no worth for ! it is very disappointing!
  • WimKeesWimKees Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I work as a taxidriver close to Schiphol-airport. Once I did not plan a route to Leidseplein (which I know by heart) and got stuck in a bad trafficjam (accident, not during rushhour) which could have been easely avoided. Now it caused more than half an hour delay so the passengers nearly missed their dinerreservation.

Because of this, I have and use a lot of favorit places (Dam, Rembrandplein, Leidseplein, RAI, etc. 17 in total). This way I can plan fast a route into downtown-Amsterdam and get trafficinformation on my route.

What I really liked with the ‘old app’ was the detailed summary:it clearly showed the suggested route, incidents along the way and incidents on alternative routes. It clearly shows that taking exit 109 is much shorter.
    46848dae-12dd-4c44-840c-ede526d4bcc0.jpg

The new app’s summay, well, see yourself:

b2c4aece-8680-4678-aae9-ca12716376b1.jpg
  • kwl1966kwl1966 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Voice over Bluetooth for directions would be a great feature to add. Is this something in the plans ?
  • BluesteelBluesteel Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    On the old app, there was the button “help me” where it would tell you your position and what area you are in. Is there anything like that on Go?
  • jimadams1jimadams1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Come on Tom Tom folks!! This still has not been resolved to my knowledge. Going to have to give Garmin or another competitor a good look if this isn't resolved soon. It's crazy that MyDrive still is not added to iOS GO Mobile. None of my custom routes edited in the MyDrive app or website show up in the Go Mobile App that I just subscribed to. Very frustrating. Please update us one way or the other. It has been 1 year since this thread began. Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.
  • TurboshedTurboshed Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Any idea when TomTom Go will be updated to fully support iPhone X increased screen size?

We’re coming up to a month since the phone was released and most developers have updated their apps for full screen support... TomTom seems to be lagging behind here along with some of the independent developers.
  • sir_clasir_cla Posts: 38 [Outstanding Explorer]
    jimadams1 wrote:
    Come on Tom Tom folks!! This still has not been resolved to my knowledge. Going to have to give Garmin or another competitor a good look if this isn't resolved soon. It's crazy that MyDrive still is not added to iOS GO Mobile. None of my custom routes edited in the MyDrive app or website show up in the Go Mobile App that I just subscribed to. Very frustrating. Please update us one way or the other. It has been 1 year since this thread began. Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.

Very true!!
    The two apps are very far away so it makes no sense !! Provend as soon as possible
    sir_cla
  • DiamondmiDiamondmi Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Please add turn by turn route instruction list so we know where the app is taking us and how.

Also so make the road name under the direction arrow easier to read.
  • I5EKXI5EKX Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I read the various comments, but I understand that to date it is still not possible to integrate with MyDrive and Route Planner, this is a shame because plan routes, save positions from the PC and then find them on TomTom Go Mobile would be practical and very helpful. These features in the android version are available, why do not we have them in iOS? It would also be useful to be able to save the route from Smartphone, thanks.
  • MechielMechiel Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Do I really, after waiting for a year have to switch to Android to setup routes(and gpx imports) via MyDrive?
  • Joppe91Joppe91 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    As soon as my membership is over i’m deleting all my TomTom apps and never coming back..
    Been waiting over a year now for Mydrive to work on iphone. Shameful!!
  • MechielMechiel Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Joppe91 wrote:
    As soon as my membership is over i’m deleting all my TomTom apps and never coming back..
    Been waiting over a year now for Mydrive to work on iphone. Shameful!!

Exactly the same over here, I know how it works with Android and for a software company it is really ridiculous this is still not available for iOS. One more motorcycle season like this and Garmin here I come!
  • TotmtomTotmtom Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I want to be able to turn off auto zoom on junctions. I like to have the same zoomlevel at all times. I now sometimes miss the turn because (looking at a glance) I got the impression the turn was further away, when in fact it was zoomed in. On the other hand I do like the auto zoom function depending on the speed of driving.
  • CoenoxCoenox Posts: 14 [Apprentice Traveler]
    What happened to Mikko? I read he is a 'retired community manager'. Did he get fed up with us? Who is taking over?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,969 TomTom Moderator
    The announcement has been updated with the inclusion of new features now available in the new version of app released on 6th March 2018.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • CoenoxCoenox Posts: 14 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you Vikram. I guess you are the one that took over from Mikko. Thanks for the news on the update. Great news. For me you are almost there. I is great that favourite places can be synced with MyDrive, but I am still waiting for the sync of complete routes so I can import GPX tracs. But still, happy with this news.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 317 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Can't sync .ov2 POI files from MyDrive to the TomTom GO Mobile iOS app.
  • jcochranejcochrane Posts: 34 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    "MyDrive support (to synchronise the app with MyDrive to safely back-up and restore your favourite places and import community POIs)"

Now we have this I hope the rest of synchronising is soon to follow. As others have said the need to be able to synch routes is vital to the use of the app.
  • do4roaddo4road Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    hello to all, it would be very good to add an economic route that 
    takes into account the fuel consumption according to the vehicle, 
    and the payment of tolls.

• MattNLMattNL Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It would be great to add the feature "max speed" like the old days. I never drive the max speed in the Netherlands, but sometimes it impacts my driving time with 20/30 minutes.
  • AndyB66AndyB66 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The new version is crap. I hate how the avoid traffic jams displays info on the screen. You can’t make out what the alternative route the app is suggesting because there’s too much crap all over the screen. 3 times now the app has led me into an expensive $12 worth of toll roads even though I “changed” to No tolls before starting the trip. Also the app is hopeless at reacquiring satellites after coming out of a tunnel. 3 or four times i’ve had to close the app and restart it to get it to reacquire satellites.