Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app? - Page 12 — TomTom Community

Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app?

Comments

• Trev6262Trev6262 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Integrate with Apple Play. Is the most important feature.
  • loekfloekf Posts: 28 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    New version today.

I see you added the option to add stops to a route.

Where is MyDrive support ? Next release ? You better add this in the next 5-6 months.

Hint: next iPhone update cycle ....

(or at least ensure "My Places" are backed up to iCloud. Not 100% sure if you do...)
  • Willem MWillem M Posts: 22 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Almost there,
    The last update is a really good one.
    Next one the possibility to load and use GPX routes?
    I keep my fingers crossed, in juli we're going to be motorcycling and to be able to drive routes would be really cool. So thanks, & thanks in advance.

:)
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 333 [Supreme Pioneer]
    And that's all for version 1.8! One single feature!

With TomTom's self imposed deadline of September 2017 for the end of life of the original iOS app I was hoping for a lot more features to be added in each version update and for the release of new versions to be much more frequent!
  • jelle1970jelle1970 Posts: 93 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Willem M wrote:
    Almost there,
    I keep my fingers crossed, in juli we're going to be motorcycling and to be able to drive routes would be really cool. So thanks, & thanks in advance.

You can use mydrive to import GPX routes and sync it with your mobile GO app.
    jelle1970 wrote:
    Willem M wrote:
    Almost there,

Hoi Jelle,

Can you please tell me how to import those GPX files in my drive and sync them with the go app on my iPhone?
    You can send it in Dutch by private message.
    It's not that I didn't try, I just didn't succeed.

Thanks in advance
  • Scott ChapinScott Chapin Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Accolades where accolades are due! The ability to add waypoints and reorder them is very very nice. Thank you!
  • chrisnewboldchrisnewbold Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Still waiting for better gps fixing. Massive issue for me today trying to navigate around Leeds. Also proper Bluetooth profiler so option for sounds over Bluetooth if listening to radio not music. Have tried Sygic. Better in most respects but complex interface, no way of switching off voice only in the fly, or to only alert speed cameras if speeding.
  • CoenoxCoenox Posts: 14 [Apprentice Traveler]
    jelle1970 wrote:
    Willem M wrote:
    Almost there,

Huh? I think this is a mistake. This is only possible for android, nobody knows if and when it will be possible for iPhone.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

MyDrive support is indeed not yet implemented for GO Mobile for iPhone, but, as mentioned above, it's coming :D

I also updated the FAQ as per the v1.8 release.

Cheers, Mikko
  • CoenoxCoenox Posts: 14 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

MyDrive support is indeed not yet implemented for GO Mobile for iPhone, but, as mentioned above, it's coming :D

Cheers, Mikko

That's great, off course. But when? I really need the possibility to get tracks for riding my motorcycle. Navigon is launching Cruiser in May. MyRoute-app will soon introduce in-app navigation. I like the traffic redirection on TomTom, but I have to choose which investment to make soon. Most frustrating thing is that for android users it has been possible for a long time.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Coenox,

I understand that you'd like to have this feature soon. Unfortunately, I don't have a time table to tell you regarding this. MyDrive support is quite a complicated feature as it requires communicating with the MyDrive server. This works quite differently on iOS and the feature has to be carefully developed and tested to work properly on iPhones.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Darth151Darth151 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can we please have caravan friendly routes on UK maps?
  • SteveM63SteveM63 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can adding POI's be added asap, this is by far the most important missing feature.
    Coenox wrote:
    jelle1970 wrote:
    Willem M wrote:
    Almost there,

Huh? I think this is a mistake. This is only possible for android, nobody knows if and when it will be possible for iPhone.

Have had contact with him via PM and he was indeed wrong, In short, we are in awaiting mode once again.
  • debanksdebanks Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Hi Mikko,

The MyDrive app for iPhone brings up routes (including 2 alternative routes) much quicker than the TomTom Go Mobile app. Obviously at this stage we cannot share these routes with the Go mobile app.

However, my suggestion for a feature would be to always show up to 3 routes (it available), just like Google Maps does, rather defaulting to 1 route then having to go into the menu interface to choose alternatives. This way the driver can decide to avoid certain routes where they know they are heading into trouble e.g. more traffic on to the M25 here in England as it progresses through rush hour.

Also, the option to play sound output via speaker rather than Bluetooth (like Waze has) would be and great addition. Waze and Google Maps are updating their app every week or two so it's down to TomTom to pick up the pace to compete with their apps.

It's good to see that the Go Mobile app has improved a lot since I tried it a year ago though. Keep up the good work!

Cheers
  • simagesimage Posts: 18 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

Cheers, Mikko

Hearing this for over a year now. If you gave this feature to a student to develop over the last year it would have been done already.

It's like buying a bread at a bakery when they keep telling you that they will bake the bread by using flour in the future. Until then you just take this pile of slime and be happy.
  • Thomas1234Thomas1234 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Go mobile without connection to mydrive ?
    the go mobile is useless if you want plan a route and it is not connected to mydrive

TomTom please bring urgent a update where you connect go mobile with mydrive.

really wondering why this is not existing already.
  • knoxvilleknoxville Posts: 24 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    So when can we finaly expect mydrive in the app?! Takes ages
  • Thomas1234Thomas1234 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have canceled my order today, go mobile without mydrive makes no sense for me.
    Please let me know when it is working.
    Thomas1234 wrote:
    I have canceled my order today, go mobile without mydrive makes no sense for me.
    Please let me know when it is working.

You are right Thomas1234. How difficult can it be for them to develop this? :s give me a break... I am really disappointed in TomTom. You would almost expect that it's a marketing trick of them to put the feature in later!
    debanks wrote:
    Hi Mikko,

The MyDrive app for iPhone brings up routes (including 2 alternative routes) much quicker than the TomTom Go Mobile app. Obviously at this stage we cannot share these routes with the Go mobile app.

However, my suggestion for a feature would be to always show up to 3 routes (it available), just like Google Maps does, rather defaulting to 1 route then having to go into the menu interface to choose alternatives. This way the driver can decide to avoid certain routes where they know they are heading into trouble e.g. more traffic on to the M25 here in England as it progresses through rush hour.

Also, the option to play sound output via speaker rather than Bluetooth (like Waze has) would be and great addition. Waze and Google Maps are updating their app every week or two so it's down to TomTom to pick up the pace to compete with their apps.

It's good to see that the Go Mobile app has improved a lot since I tried it a year ago though. Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Exactly what I am missing to! Good point. Wondering what TomTom is gonna say about this? Possible to fix this?
  • cvalentecvalente Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi
    Just bought the app to iphone 6. It seems to work nice.
    Going to travel by moto all over Europe with this app. In the end i will post if it helped me.
    First impression is that lacks 2 main features:
    - MyDrive support (to synchronize the app with MyDrive to safely back-up and restore your favorite places and import community POIs
    - Import tracks from other programs.
    Saw in this forum written one year ago that the Software team of TomTom was planning on adding this features. A year as passed and i confirm that it still doesn´t work.
    Don´t know if this features as the same priority to everybody but if you intent to go on a journey by moto, car, 4x4 you want to plan your trip. Right? Try to plan it on TOMTOM GO app but starting in different place that you are with the app. Not friendly!
    I thought that TomTom was a big company but seing this i´m not sure at the moment. Is this to create the necessity of on buying a GPS product ? If this is the way. Thanks but no thanks. Don´t want to more things to carry.
    I´ll post when i get back meanwhile my best regards to all and big cloud of inspiration to the software developers off the app.
    Cvalente, that's exactly what i tought to! Amazing that such big company cannot fix such easy feature in one year.

If you ask me it's just a marketing thing. If they really wanna implement this they can develop and code it within let's say 2 weeks with a team of developers.

I made a call to Tomtom about the issue you mentioned a few days ago. I asked them to give me a answer about how long it will take them to fix this. Also I told them that I was really suprissed that they anouce this feature a year ago and after that not even a status update when we can expect this.

Tomtom staff, if you read this post(I know you do), get your stuff together and just come up with a real date about THE update for the Tomtom app with a very important feature.

We are living in 2017! How difficult can it be? It's not a difficult thing to code, It's just a matter of money
    They didnt respont to my phone call, niether on this forum to our question.