Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app? - Page 11 — TomTom Community

Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app?

Comments

• sternhammersternhammer Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    You were obviously using that function wrong — for example, from either too far away from the 'block' (especially in a built up area, i.e. with regular side-streets looping back again) or your distance guessimates (whatever-number-of-yards) were well off — or you were not using your own noodle to realise it was sending you back again ;-).

Worked like a charm for me — if I told it there was a block on the road/route I was on up ahead in 'X' yards, it would never bring me back to the same road *before* that point, *ever*. It would be silly for it to do so — that's just navigating you back to a spot you've just told it to avoid!
  • Scott ChapinScott Chapin Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
    It did bring me back again, when identifying the block on my route. Most roads in the area were in a bottleneck at the river.

The best option was to drive in a divergent direction long enough to select an alternate route. It's very similar as to situations where traffic is really backed up and it doesn't know it.

Avoid route was iffy too. When you want to stay off of a major road, it will remove a leg that's on your current route and then reroute you back to that road at another point. Granted, it's a different leg on that road, but you're still rerouted to the road.
  • berrrtieberrrtie Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    I miss the "Avoid Roadblock" and "Avoid the next (X-number-of-yards)" options that the old IOS app had. These were really useful for getting around sudden snarl ups, unmarked roadworks or (most usefully) known awkward spots and busy junctions. I'd love for these to be back. Why these have disappeared is beyond me...

Here Here..

Avoid road block definitively told the old app to navigate around a section of road 'x' yards long, i doubt alternate routes will be able to do that.
  • Scott ChapinScott Chapin Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
    It didn't work for me and I did indicate where it was. It was in a river crossing bottleneck and I kept coming back on circuitous routes.

Alternate routes now shows their graphic representations, so you can select one that avoids the block.
  • CoenoxCoenox Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MikkoK wrote:
    From this FAQ:

We have recently released the first version of our brand-new navigation app for iPhone, and a few things might still be missing. We are working hard to release updates of the app in the future, and we aim to introduce additional features with each update.

Here are a couple of features in no particular order, that we are working on with priority:
    - MyDrive Sync (sync with TomTom MyDrive to safely back-up and restore your favorite places and import community POIs).

Will this include the possibility to sync GPX-files, as in the Android app?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Coenox,

With the MyDrive support in a future release this indeed is hopefully possible. That's the aim, at least. I can't make promises as I don't know if there might be some technical challenges regarding this.

Cheers, Mikko
  • CoenoxCoenox Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dag Mikko,

Thank you for your reply. Your answer is hopeful enough for me at te moment. The biggest mistake a company can make is ignoring their customers. I really appreciate the app, but the missing features are a bit frustrating. Now with the 1.7 release and some hope about the MyDrive support I am a bit relieved. I fully realize that you are dependent on the limitations of iOS. I will wait and see. Ultimate solution for be will be to switch tot android, but I would rather stay on this platform.

Cheers,
    Coen
  • Willem MWillem M Posts: 22 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The possibility to use GPX files would be very nice.
    With what frequency do updates appear?
  • tsyretttsyrett Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    The absence of TravelVia becomes more serious in the UK after the March 1st change in legislation that means you can't touch your device while in control of your vehicle.
    It was irritating before to have to use your waypoint as the destination but you could then use a couple of taps as you went to reprogram but now strictly speaking you have to stop, take the key out reprogram before getting on your way again.
    I'm using alternative apps more and more and this is the killer for me.
  • GonsalvesGonsalves Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I'm so happy for this update as it's starting to get more like the old version in respect to the features i.e. Route choices alternative
    I'm also wanting to know the response and plan TomTom has for us regards to new law on driving implications of not being able to touch the device even if it on a holder
    Also I believe when I purchased my original version I was led to believe it was indefinite traffic and uk and Ireland roads with updates and no limits to distance between departures and arrivals, now it said that there is a new 3 year limit.
    Well we are not bothered about your problems as a customer we believe that it's not any real reason for us as the paying customer to consider your issues as to the service
    Sort it out and I understand unfortunately unforceen issues evolve but why would you accept this when ordering your meal in a Restuarant i.e. I'm not being funny but I have customers throwing there toys out on social media after they have had an issue resolved and or reimburse but unfortunately walks away with a fake response as "everything was ok" but they weren't but chose not to voice there conserns or as it's an opinion and everyone has one Like an human anatomy of the anus as I conclude I've paid, not asked for anything but the product I purchased to its terms at the time T&C's are given not for you as a service provider change when you want or how how you want but honestly it's no Freedom and Wright's act is it people? Be honest with yourself and make your own decisions to the point I'm trying to
    Hi Gosalves,

I'm happy to hear you like the latest release! There'll be more good stuff in the coming releases :D

For the Navigation app for iPhone/iPad services (TomTom Traffic and Speed Cameras) were available as in-app purchases. GO Mobile uses a different pricing model in which the app - including TomTom Services, all maps and updates for them - can be used free for 75 kilometres per month. With the Unlimited Navigation subscription the kilometre limit is lifted for the duration of the subscription. See the links below for more information.

I'm afraid I don't quite get your point with the last comments. Is something not working right with your app or is there something you're not happy about? Please, elaborate - preferably in a a new topic - so that we can help you.

GO Mobile app for iPhone and the old Navigation app

How do I upgrade to Unlimited Navigation on the TomTom GO Mobile app?

How many free kilometres can I use with the TomTom GO Mobile app?

Cheers, Mikko
  • paulstubbpaulstubb Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I really need the ability to add my own, or third party POIs to the TomTom GO Mobile app for ios.
    Now that TomTom are going to stop supporting the previous app that actually worked, before this new app should even be available means I am seriously looking at alternatives.
    Even though I have the 3 years unlimited mileage for free, I would rather still pay for the Traffic and Safety Cameras for the old app.
  • IGIIGI Posts: 141 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Apple CarPlay - I repeat myself here but this is an important issue.

TomTom is a huge company.

This could be irrelevant in other contexts but here:
    http://www.cultofmac.com/323205/apple-renews-contract-with-tomtom-to-provide-maps-data/
    http://corporate.tomtom.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=913777

Amsterdam, 19 May 2015 – TomTom (AEX: TOM2) has renewed and extended its global agreement with Apple for maps and related information.

So who can break into Apple CarPlay if not you :)
  • bLackjackjbLackjackj Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi Gosalves,

For the Navigation app for iPhone/iPad services (TomTom Traffic and Speed Cameras) were available as in-app purchases. GO Mobile uses a different pricing model in which the app - including TomTom Services, all maps and updates for them - can be used free for 75 kilometres per month. With the Unlimited Navigation subscription the kilometre limit is lifted for the duration of the subscription. See the links below for more information.

Cheers, Mikko

I do 75km in one drive, seriously whats the point. The app is awful guys, Please don't kill the original app!!!!!
    Hi all,

I've updated the FAQ above based on the updated one on the support pages. I'll update again as new information becomes available :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • FeekFeek Posts: 37 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    From this FAQ:

Here are some of the features that we are working on:
    • Show contacts on the map
    • Waypoints support (to add stops to your route)
    • Avoid roadblock
    • Map error reporting [Report Speed Cameras available since v1.6]
    • MyDrive support (to synchronise the app with MyDrive to safely back-up and restore your favourite places and import community POIs)

Please can you explain why you are not working on the most important problem, one which causes the most heartache for all your users? The interminable lag. The fancy rubbish like "windy roads" (seriously?) is surely secondary.

Fix the lag and this app might, just might actually be useable. Without, it's a pile of steaming hotspur.
  • Pete shawPete shaw Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    As a coach driver , I tried the truck navigation, what a total waste of time and money , went back to my iPhone Europe mapping , never let me down , hated the new Go like no other, BUT I must say it is getting so much better . I use it all the time now , a bit laggy, but you get used to it , but to come out of London I still have to use my old version , due to NO TRAVEL VIA option , come on TomTom get it togeather .
    Hi Feek,

This FAQ is about features not bugs or issues. Please, start a new topic about your issue so that we can report feedback about it to the product team. The more detailed description you can provide the better we can address the matter.

@ Peter: Welcome to the Community! We currently offer truck navigation only on dedicated devices. I'm happy to hear starting to get along with the GO Mobile app! There'll be improvements in the upcoming updates soon so stay tuned! :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • WimKeesWimKees Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I would like to have an easy way to enter an adress: as a taxidriver I drive to a specific adress in 99,9% of the time. I don't want to struggle in front of the passengers.

in the old app 3 caracters for city was enough to have the city listed in the top 5. Select. Then 3 to 4 characters for streetname was enough to have the street listed in the top 5. Select. Enter housenumber. Done.

In the screenshot I selected "Hoofddorp" and then 6(!) characters of the streetname and look what Go is suggesting!!
    Hi Wim,

Thanks for your elaborate feedback!

I'll log this to be reported to the product team.

Cheers, Mikko
  • R14untR14unt Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I think the limited speed option should be added when planning routes as it's useful when towing or driving a HGV