Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app?

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
From this FAQ:

Here are some of the features that we are working on:
  • Show contacts on the map
  • Avoid roadblock [available since v1.10]
  • Map error reporting [Report Speed Cameras available since v1.6]
  • MyDrive support (to synchronise the app with MyDrive to safely back-up and restore your favourite places and import community POIs)
[available since v1.10]

The features we've already introduced are listed below. You can find out more about these from your user manual:
  • Notification for Faster Routes [available since v1.9]
  • Avoid Traffic [available since v1.9]
  • Waypoints support (to add stops to your route) [available since v1.8]
  • Show alternative routes [available since v1.7]
  • More voice options (to receive guidance in a different language than your iPhone language) [available since v1.3]
  • Winding roads [available since v1.4]
  • 3D Touch support [available since v1.4]
  • Power saving options [available since v1.4]
  • Navigate to contacts [available since v1.1 and search for contacts since v1.2]
  • Smaller European maps (to drive cross-border in Europe with less storage space needed) [available since v1.6]
  • Menu shortcuts for home and work v1.2
  • Simultaneous search for addresses and POIs [available since v1.2]
  • Volume control slider v1.2
  • Enhanced Menu, Back and Drive buttons v1.2
  • Improved US speed panel visuals
  • Map update support [available since v1.2 and smaller map (Europe) sizes since v1.6]

Please note, that the above is not in an order of priority and we cannot give time tables of when they'd be available. However, we'd be happy to hear which feature you find important in a navigation app :D

Comments

• Clint989Clint989 Posts: 41 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Can we please finally have the ability to save routes (i.e destination + way points). This has been missing on the IOS app for years, despite it being a straightforward and easy functionality to implement.

Also, i don't see any mention of a plan to change the defaults or allow the user to choose the option to NOT SHOW speed cameras or petrol stations in the tiny amount of space available for traffic info in the traffic bar.

And finally, are we talking days, weeks, months, or years for this?

Thanks!
  • TooFatToFlyTooFatToFly Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Planning for limited speed and a feature to remove the petrol stations on iOS please!!
  • thewiccamanthewiccaman Posts: 30 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Absolutely MUST bring in the ability to show a list of the route as in the old (and far, far better) TomTom App. Absolute deal breaker for me, amongst the many other missing features:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-iphoneipad-29/tomtom-go-app-for-iphone-998595/index1.html#post1072048

No way is TomTom Go ready for real world use with all these features missing. You have dropped the ball massively on this, TomTom
  • TooFatToFlyTooFatToFly Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Agreed
  • Andre OliveiraAndre Oliveira Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    Mapshare
    Postal code search
    Bluetooth interface
  • adetriadetri Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    MikkoK wrote:
    We have recently released the first version of our brand-new navigation app for iPhone, and a few things might still be missing. We are working hard to release updates of the app in the future, and we aim to introduce additional features with each update.

Here are a couple of features in no particular order, that we are working on with priority:

- Navigate to contacts
    - Waypoints (add stops to your route)
    - Show alternative routes
    - Map error reporting
    - Avoid roadblock
    - Map updates
    - MyDrive Sync (sync with TomTom MyDrive to safely back-up and restore your favorite places and import community POIs).

Please note, that the above is not in an order of priority and we cannot give time tables of when they'd be available. However, we'd be happy to hear which feature you find important in a navigation app :D

Excellent to hear TomTom are working on these features. The new app has a lot of promise and I'm looking forward to the seeing it improve.
  • thewiccamanthewiccaman Posts: 30 [Apprentice Traveler]
    adetri wrote:
    MikkoK wrote:
    We have recently released the first version of our brand-new navigation app for iPhone, and a few things might still be missing. We are working hard to release updates of the app in the future, and we aim to introduce additional features with each update.

Here are a couple of features in no particular order, that we are working on with priority:

- Navigate to contacts
    - Waypoints (add stops to your route)
    - Show alternative routes
    - Map error reporting
    - Avoid roadblock
    - Map updates
    - MyDrive Sync (sync with TomTom MyDrive to safely back-up and restore your favorite places and import community POIs).

Excellent to hear TomTom are working on these features. The new app has a lot of promise and I'm looking forward to the seeing it improve.

Vague promises are no good to me, and clearly many other, TomTom. A timetable is needed to restore faith in the product. Admit this release is a flop.
  • JezBodJezBod Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    What about stopping ripping off users that are upgrading from the perpetual old version?
    I'll stay with the old version for when I cannot get Waze to work in some more out of the way places.
    I paid for a version that I thought would last "forever" and not have to renew a subscription every 1 or 3 years.
  • JeronanJeronan Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    What about any immediate hotfixes to make the app actually work on the iPhone 6 Plus?!

- route navigation doesn't work beyond 5 minutes, before it loses GPS signal and start messing up the mobile network signal as well. This makes the app totally worthless!!

- Huge battery drain and overheating the phone!

- Lite maps for 16 GB iPhones!

Especially first two points need to be fixed ASAP! I paid for a year unlock and can't even use the app! Time is ticking!
  • GPS200GPS200 Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Your priority should be to make app not heat up my phone after 20 mins of use and drain my battery.
  • mpechnermpechner Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    The work around for contact. REALLY NEED THAT FEATURE!!!!!!

Select and copy the address from contacts.
    paste the address, and that will work well. No great, but a sucky workaround.
  • Airborne60Airborne60 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I would like to have the following additions and corrections:
    Put POI eg gas stations, directly on the map.
    More choices of POI eg hotels and resturants.
    Adjustment of background light, the current is too dark.
    Adjustment of size of distance info
    No problem with the memory space but it is a bit odd that the maps require so much morebut show so much less?
  • Chris LappasChris Lappas Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    The current map colours look nice and the night mode is actually quite good at presenting your route at a glance without requiring a second look. I wish I could say the same about the day mode, however. I really miss the austere "sydney" colour scheme which I was using in the old TomTom app. Could we please have a choice just like we did in the old app?
  • Andre OliveiraAndre Oliveira Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    I paid 39.99€ for an Iberia for ever... The limit of 3years is stupid.
  • Jack BurgJack Burg Posts: 37 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I will not use the new app for other than test purposes until I can migrate my data from the old app. I will move away from TomTom if the old app becomes outdated and I would have to type in all my data into the new app. That will not happen. I will type in my data into another none TomTom app.
  • solrevdevsolrevdev Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    1. migrating favourites from old app and be able to order them

2. add current location to favourites

3. contacts

4. performance. battery heat and poor gps compared to old app

5. choice of the right hand petrol station and traffic side bar display. toggle on off or choose what's in there
  • Bellringer2Bellringer2 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The new app certainly has promise but, apart from the things you are working on I also miss
    1 ability to set volume of app relative to my my music/podcasts
    2 ability to avoid delays/traffic hold ups
    3 winding roads option

I don't mind paying some reasonable amount ongoing to help keep app up to date etc.
  • Madone7Madone7 Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    What about the fact that the actual navigation shows you are a way from a junction when in fact you are just about to miss it. It's like the auto zoom function is too slow. For example you are on a roundabout and the map shows you still approaching !!!!, it's totally useless in a city like London. Miss junctions all the time. This is such a rubbish app. Like someone said its like a beta version and we are testers !!! Shocking
  • Chris LappasChris Lappas Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    By the way, can we please have a quick button for switching from 2d to 3d and vice versa? It could be next to the day/night voice/mute buttons.
  • WpsWps Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Please add the low power mode. Now my battery is draining using a 2.1 amp charger on a iPhone 6 when tomtom go is running. Also the iPhone is frying hot after one hour. Never had this problem with the previous tomtom on the same iPhone and charger. Actually I have both apps installed and after one hour tt go I switch to the previous version to cool down my phone and charge it.
  • DomikDomik Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Please add personal language settings. We do not want our phone language to be the default ignoring country (street name pronunciation) or personal preference. The sentiment of "your app knows best" is rubbish to power users. Also smaller map option plz. Why save money by not buying a tomtom gps, to waste Gigabytes on my iPhone? I should have spent the price of an external gps on upgrading my iphone to be able to support the humongous maps tomtom now has.
  • DomikDomik Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Quick trick in any app: switch to night mode or lower luminosity (a lot of juice is used to provide light). Also 4G/LTE or Bluetooth or WiFi each use considerable electricity. none of them is absolutely necessary.
  • FfffffFfffff Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Please add the functionality to navigate home in one or two clicks
  • kookookookoo Posts: 25 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Navigate to Photos, please
  • Drive AroundDrive Around Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    +1 to get sync to work.