Login behaviour has changed — TomTom Community

Login behaviour has changed

tgoldtgold Posts: 2,178 [Revered Voyager]
edited January 2019 in Forum feedback
In past times the action of clicking on Login from some forum or topic would, upon completion, return the user's browser view to the original page. Recently (in the past few day) this behavior has changed and now upon completion of login validation the browser is redirected to the Forum/Discussions home page. If this change was inadvertent then please restore the old behavior which I found more friendly and convenient.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi tgold,

Thanks for flagging this!

We'll look into it. I'll post back here as soon as I learn more about this.

Cheers, Mikko
  • derek.gruendingderek.gruending Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This is still happening, I every link that I try to navigate results in me logging out.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,178 [Revered Voyager]
    You say "This is still happening" but the issue your described of being logged out of the forum has no similarity with the one I had reported and it is something I have never experienced.
  • nhhughesnhhughes Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am new to the TomTom website and am finding it very frustrating as it keeps logging me out every time I try open a page or try look at my account.
  • CatNipCatNip Posts: 480 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I agree with the OP. Losing your pre-login context every time you do log in is very annoying. It didn't happen before the last update to the forum software. I notice this seems an increasing problem generally with 'modern' website UIs.

Is there any more news?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,326
    Superusers
    Seems ok (so far) with me here. Using Chrome. Edge is not happy (for me) with this site).
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,178 [Revered Voyager]
    dhn wrote:
    Seems ok (so far) with me here. Using Chrome. Edge is not happy (for me) with this site).
    How very odd! I had only tried my default browser of Firefox when I reported this but I now find that Chrome and also IE11 exhibit exactly the same issue of moving to the Forum home page upon either login or indeed logout (under 64 bit Win7 Pro). I wonder why you are seeing something different.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Sorry for my late reply here!

The issue reported by tgold here is still under investigation. There was a fix attempt, but unfortunately it wasn't successful.

The issue Derek and nhhughes describe is a different one and we can't reproduce it. For all login or other misbehaviour issues on the forum I'd recommend to clear your browser's cookies and cache.

Should the issue continues, please state the browser make and version you're using and steps to reproduce the issue.

Thanks, Mikko