Day displays on Spark — TomTom Community

Day displays on Spark

Cyclist WarriorCyclist Warrior Posts: 33 [Master Explorer]
Since the date has display on my spark. I'm hoping for the next update will have the day of the week. Monday, Friday, etc.

Comments

  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    Since the date has display on my spark. I'm hoping for the next update will have the day of the week. Monday, Friday, etc.

    This has been requested on and off since the introduction of the watches almost 3 years ago and has not changed, even with the introduction of the new watches, so I would not expect it to change now, but you never know. I guess the assumption is most people know what day it is without looking at their watch so it would just be redundant information.

    I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Cyclist WarriorCyclist Warrior Posts: 33 [Master Explorer]
    How about multiple alarms?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    How about multiple alarms?

    Same as the day of the week. The focus seems to be more on the watch as an athletic device than a day-to-day watch. The addition of the daily tracker in the new models moves it more in the day-to-day direction but it is still primarily designed and marketed as a sports watch. I have not seen any mention of it on the forums but you never know what be developed.

    I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Cyclist WarriorCyclist Warrior Posts: 33 [Master Explorer]
    I'm suggesting, because multiple alarm is good reminders and help organize times, launch as when to run, swim, to gym, and cycling.
  • Cyclist WarriorCyclist Warrior Posts: 33 [Master Explorer]
    I meant 'such as', not 'launch as.'
    It is the spell check error!
  • ASmugDillASmugDill Posts: 550 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    The focus seems to be more on the watch as an athletic device than a day-to-day watch. The addition of the daily tracker in the new models moves it more in the day-to-day direction but it is still primarily designed and marketed as a sports watch.
    In any case, a 24x7 activity tracker's primary purpose is to track activity metrics, and not specifically to electronically manage your day-to-day activities or variation in schedules, etc.
    I'm suggesting, because multiple alarm is good reminders and help organize times, launch as when to run, swim, to gym, and cycling.
    Of course, there's nothing wrong with wanting a device that takes cares of ‘all’ of one's day-to-day needs, but it doesn't mean something marketed as a sports watch or a day-to-day watch ought to become that device, irrespective of price or how much ‘real estate’ on one's wrist it occupies.
  • davo1davo1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Since the date has display on my spark. I'm hoping for the next update will have the day of the week. Monday, Friday, etc.

    My last Casio watch had this feature and it was indispensable. So angry this feature isn't included and I would really appreciate tomtom adding this.

  • mbell74mbell74 Posts: 34 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I vote for week-day display as well! I'm used to it from my previous running watch and I it is really missing here.
  • jfdurranijfdurrani Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    They better fix this no DAY DISPLAY !!.... I am shocked that such a SIMPLE function was missed !!... My previous Tom TOM had a BIGGER Display and DAY + D.TE Together !!.... I may even return the product just because of this nuisance
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    jfdurrani wrote:
    They better fix this no DAY DISPLAY !!.... I am shocked that such a SIMPLE function was missed !!... My previous Tom TOM had a BIGGER Display and DAY + D.TE Together !!.... I may even return the product just because of this nuisance

    I am not sure what previous TomTom you had, but I have a Runner, a MultiSport and a Spark and none of them show the day of the week. Perhaps it is a Nike watch that was co-branded with TT (but was designed and sold by Nike)?
  • davo1davo1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Its been nearly a year and I still don't know what day of the week it is when I glance at my Tomtom watch. :?
    I had my watch strap break over a month ago and have had a new one on back order at officeworks for the same time. I finally cancelled the order and bought direct from Tomtom so hopefully I can actually wear my watch sometime soon and know what day of the week it is too!

    Pending an update from tomtom of course.

    :D
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    davo1 wrote:
    Its been nearly a year and I still don't know what day of the week it is when I glance at my Tomtom watch. :?
    I had my watch strap break over a month ago and have had a new one on back order at officeworks for the same time. I finally cancelled the order and bought direct from Tomtom so hopefully I can actually wear my watch sometime soon and know what day of the week it is too!

    Pending an update from tomtom of course.

    :D

    There is no indication this is coming., so you may be waiting a long time. They are trying to keep the screen uncluttered and I imagine the assumption is that while people may not know the date they generally know what day of the week it is without needing to look at their watch.
  • pecapeca Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    I simply see it as lack of will to support users. :(

    I just read another nearly year old feature request for better alarm management (more alarms, setting based on week day...) Simple feature that much more simple devices has had ages ago. Nowadays I have modern device on my wrist that contains computer capable of any function I could like and beside sport tracking it is as dumb as my analog watches when I was a child. :(
    It is very annoying and I thing it is a reason that slay the product down.

    Yes I am usually aware of day of week but it is feature that nearly all digital wrist watches has. There is plenty of space on display. The big time digits could be little bit narrowed if needed. I would like to see week number under date (where is space for it and for day of week acronym) but after I have read forum I am demotivated to ask any feature at all :(

    I can't find any positive reaction but only excuses why not possible to do anything.
    // My wrist strap break after cca one month of wearing. It looks like a design flaw.
  • giogigiogi Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    I have a TT Touch and this feature has been released with the last firmware update
  • Malyrex1Malyrex1 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Pls add Day of the week as it is one of the most important information every watch must have (Time, Date, Day of the week). Some old Casio offer option to show "Day of the week" instead of "Month" ("FRI 23" or 18 3-23). Others just show the best way"3-23 FRI"
    Pls do not answer that I can go and look day of the week at my wall calendar. We all just wish all the best to TOMTOM company and try to help making its products perfect.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    Malyrex1 wrote:
    Pls add Day of the week as it is one of the most important information every watch must have (Time, Date, Day of the week). Some old Casio offer option to show "Day of the week" instead of "Month" ("FRI 23" or 18 3-23). Others just show the best way"3-23 FRI"
    Pls do not answer that I can go and look day of the week at my wall calendar. We all just wish all the best to TOMTOM company and try to help making its products perfect.
    While you may want it, it is not all that common, I have plenty of watches that do not show the day of the week (I think they assume most people know what day of the week it is, even if not the specific date). And in any case considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over six months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves).
  • MalyrexMalyrex Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any news regarding WeekDay instead of Month (as changeable option) at main screen?

    Any news regarding permanent Battery Indicator (as changeable option) at main screen?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    Malyrex wrote:
    Any news regarding WeekDay instead of Month (as changeable option) at main screen?

    Any news regarding permanent Battery Indicator (as changeable option) at main screen?
    There are no future updates coming. TT Sports went out of business over a year ago and ceased all production and development as well as laying off the entire staff. The watches are now legacy devices and will not be updated again.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online in this Category0