Bandit Studio Beta - Future plans and updates? - Things I'd like to see :)

SaltySeaGeekSaltySeaGeek Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 11 in Archived Discussions
I recently bought a Bandit action cam and so far am loving it!

However, one thing I have noticed is that the desktop software is lighter on features than I was expecting.
Don't get me wrong, I think the current features are brilliant; I recognise that its still in Beta stage, and I noticed the most recent update added a lot of functionality compared to what I gout out of the box. The fact that software appears to be a work in progress is potentially a really good thing in terms of us consumers getting a top notch end product.
I chose TomTom because it was a more accessible price and the footage appears to be of a higher quality that similarly priced gps action camera, but in terms of post processing I think it has a little bit of ground to make up.

Working as a marine biologist that works in water with sea turtle; there are a lot of work and play things I want to use the Bandit for but probably can't too easily at the moment. Therefore, there are some features I'm keen to see added:
Mainly, I would like to see a huge range of different overlays available to add to my footage -
> Different and more professional overlay designs.
> More types of data available in add to footage, like elevation, time of day, lat and long.
> Most of all I would be over the moon to get a gps track and progress marker overlay, like those available with Sony and Garmin action cameras.

What is TomTom's current end goal with the software and what is the update schedule likely to be for the Bandit?

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• gl00gl00 Posts: 965 [Revered Pioneer]
    +1
    I don't film turtles, but I would like that too.
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    It would be nice to have the Lat/Long available, I never thought of that before.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi SaltySeaGeek, thanks for your feedback. We will be adding the "King of the Hill" (Altitude) and "Cardio Crusher" (Heart Rate) overlays to the Bandit Studio in the near future. The plan is to ultimately have all the overlays across all platforms (iOS/Android/Windows/Mac), so we will add the "Trailblazer" (GPS Trace) at some point too. Once all the Overlays are on each platform we will continue to make improvements and look at new overlays but will also provide variants of the existing ones. This is something we have actually started already with the recent introduction of a second G-Force overlay on the iOS app which gives more detail over the existing "Superhero" overlay.
    I'm logging all your suggestions for further improvements.
  • SaltySeaGeekSaltySeaGeek Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That's great! I look forward to the next set of updates soon :)
  • ChrisChris Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi SaltySeaGeek, we have released the first update to the TomTom Bandit Studio, which includes the "King of the Hill" (Altitude) and "Cardio Crusher" (Heart Rate) overlays.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/beta-tomtom-bandit-studio-478/new-v11-tomtom-bandit-studio-beta-available-for-download-997612
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online37

Bembo
Bembo
Hirbel
Hirbel
olpe
olpe
TomasK
TomasK
YamFazMan
YamFazMan