VIA 1505M World Traveller

The device was preloaded with Europe and USA-Canada-Mexico maps.

When I plugged in the computer the left-hand side showed :
- Europe maps and USA-Canada-Mexico maps.

When I plugged in the computer the right-hand side showed :
- Europe maps and USA-Canada-Mexico maps.

However the RHS didn't have enough memory even if I removed the USA-Canada-Mexico map in order to get the new USA-Canada-Mexico map.
So, I had to pick the Eastern USA-Canada map with removal of USA-Canada-Mexico map on the RHS.

Can I later load the USA-Canada-Mexico map?

I am wondering if I could remove any maps on the RHS, but restore it later with the map on the LHS, i.e. my TomTom's account.

There are no instructions on how to operate map loading and updating.

The downloading of the maps are too slow. This process should be improved, more than 2 hours is ridiculous.

Does VIA 1505M have a external memory stick/key?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,152 Superusers
    That model is supposed to have a card slot. Look where the cable connects to the device.

Also, support:
    866 486 6866
    Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EDT
    Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT
  • canvinhcanvinh Posts: 1,498 [Exalted Pioneer]
    What kind of flash memory card does it support? SDHC, micro-SD, etc.?

Btw, I also had question about the maps saved on the LHS? Is it permanent? This device offers lifetime map updates.
    I found options about life time maps updates. I guess, I could switch back to full USA-Canada-Mexico maps using the web based.
    Microsdhc card. An 8 or 16 gb SanDisk is a good choice.
    I have ordered a 16GB and 32GB micro-SHDC. Do I need to plug it in and download all latest USA-Canada-Mexico map and Europe map by logging in my MyDrive Connect account?

From TomTom web site, it seems to me that it can also support 32GB micro-SDHC card.

Source: http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7957/~/which-memory-card-can-i-use-to-install-maps?

I couldn't see TomTom drive from my computer in order to copy files. It worked for ONE XL device.

I moved my comments to another topic.
    The contents of the device are not accessible to the user as they were for older models.