''TomTom server error please try later'' — TomTom Community

''TomTom server error please try later''

I seem to be having problems using my Truck Live5150 today it will not connect to the TomTom server for live traffic.

''An error occurred on the TomTom server. Please try again''. This is the message Ive been getting all day, Is there a server problem? :(

Comments

• justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,094 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Sounds similar to https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/ask-a-question-469/login-issue-on-tomtom-home-29-994704 so may actually be a real "server error"
  • BruJuve10BruJuve10 Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi It's all good and working again. :cool:
  • hayducatihayducati Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I see it's been two years and TomTom still has not fixed this. If you do what they say and keep trying later, later will never come. The only way, it seems is to uninstall Mydrive connect completely, download a fresh copy from Tomtom, restart your computer, install Mydrive as administrator and Voila! My Tomtom 600 was a gift, it does really well with traffic, but that's it's only redeeming quality. When the time comes there is no way I would ever inflict such aggravation on myself again. While I rant, the "do you want to go home" feature that you can't turn off is unbelievably stupid, who idea that was at this company should be fired.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,975 Superusers
    edited September 11
    Hi
    @hayducati
    hayducati wrote: »
    I see it's been two years and TomTom still has not fixed this. If you do what they say and keep trying later, later will never come. The only way, it seems is to uninstall Mydrive connect completely, download a fresh copy from Tomtom, restart your computer, install Mydrive as administrator and Voila!.
    On the rare occasions I have a problem with myDrive Connect
    I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Windows PC... Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Un-installer Program available for a Mac ???
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind
    Video using the Revo Uninstaller
    The Free & Pro Versions use the same process....

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Important... Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect
    hayducati wrote: »
    My Tomtom 600 was a gift, it does really well with traffic, but that's it's only redeeming quality. When the time comes there is no way I would ever inflict such aggravation on myself again. While I rant, the "do you want to go home" feature that you can't turn off is unbelievably stupid, who idea that was at this company should be fired.
    Try... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Route planning... 'Turn off' Suggested destinations
    41no9bu1uqom.jpg

Maybe usefull Tomtom GO 600 User guide....
    Here...
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/GO_600/index.htm
    ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'