Cannot get .gpx files to download on my Go5000

DougLapDougLap Posts: 318 Superuser
edited January 28 in Archived Discussions
I have tried to load .gpx files and everytime I am advised there is an error and that the file cannot be loaded.

Can someone please advise a good methodology to create the routes and acceptable .gpx files so I can resolve this problem.
I have even used an.itn file produced by someone else and when loaded in "Tyre" the route appears. I have then resaved it in Tyre as a .gpx and again the file will not load in Tomtom Mydrive.

Look forward to your help.

Doug

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,200 Superusers
    Hi

I use Tyre and the "Save as" .gpx, not really had many problems

Try running a route demo using Tyre, see if the route behaves as expected ???

See here and read this thread similar problem.....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/my-drive-gpx-file-inport-993085?postid=1044543

ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 318 Superuser
    Hi YFM

Thank you for your help. I have been able to create my own simple route in Tyre and get it to download and appear on the TT.

Interestingly when I uploaded it the route did not appear on the left in Tomtom Mydrive until I logged out and relogged in again.

I will now have to try and work out why the Route I was trying to load would not work. I have converted it from an .itn file into a .gpx and Tyre accepts and displays it.

Thank you very much again for your help.

Doug
    Hi

I find Firefox the best Browser for MyDrive, really quick Map redraw + It renumbers you Login info
    IE 10/11 are dire

ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi

I find Firefox the best Browser for MyDrive, really quick Map redraw + It renumbers you Login info
    IE 10/11 are dire

ATB YFM

Should read.....
    I find Firefox the best Browser for MyDrive, really quick Map redraw + It remembers you Login info
    IE 10/11 are dire

ATB YFM
    Hi

I am using Firefox and Windows 10.

Doug
    Hi Yamfazman

Just to give you an update. I normally use Fireox as my browser in Windows 10 and have been very happy with it. I managed to download one small .gpx file via MyDrive and Firefox.

Interestingly I could not get an earlier and bigger file to work until I used Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 when it worked first time as did another. I was prompted to try it because I saw somewhere that IE was recommended for something Tomtom related as some features within IE were used by the Tomtom software. Unfortunately I cannot now find where I saw that.

Any ideas.

Doug
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online54

DougLap
DougLap
kumo
kumo
olpe
olpe
TomasK
TomasK