TomTom Bandit Showcase — TomTom Community

TomTom Bandit Showcase

ChrisChris Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi All,

I thought it might be nice to showcase here some of the amazing videos that are being made with the TomTom Bandit.
I'll update this regularly with new content.
Feel free to add your own videos here too!

Thanks!

Chris

[video]
[video]

Comments

• ChrisChris Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Master Traveler]
    Went up a mountain on my motorbike and some other bits. Still haven't played with the overlays as yet
    Tested out the Night TimeLapse option. The Bandit was sitting on top of my chicken run :)
    Second video is a timelapse on a local beach
    [video]
    Took the long way home on the bike yesterday. Went out onto an island that can be accessed during the low tide. I used the bandit on the 360 mount on top of my helmet
    [video]
    [video]
  • Slug69Slug69 Posts: 21 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    (Some iPod touch footage in this two camera shoot. Sound is all from iPod touch)

I had the TomTom Bandit on the right hand side of the aircraft. (I shot in 720p 120fps - I won't do this again, it will be at least 1080p 60 from here on out for action)

I am enjoying the Bandit.
    [video]
    This short clip shows how excellent these cameras are in good light. [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g-PJN4lMKw[/video]

And this bigger video. All edited and exported from Adobe Photoshop. Yes, Photoshop! I only recently learned it edited video. I used it instead of my normal Sony Movie Studio 12 Platinum editing process due to that older program not recognizing the 2.7k files that come out of the bandit. I will upload a 2.7k vid eventually. I will experiment with YouTube anti-shake tech at some stage as well.

I chose not to use the Bandit Studio app because I did not use the highlight function much when shooting. Just waiting for the Bandit Studio mac/windows app to have a utility that can just export the whole vid to whatever format we want. Please.

[video]
    Hi All, just in case you are not aware we are one of the sponsors of this years "Red Bull King of the Air" competition http://redbullkingoftheair.com/ currently taking place in South Africa.

[video]
    Here is a time lapse from yesterday's sunset. Straight out of the camera - no enhancements.
  • wisniakwisniak Posts: 100 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Flying in northern Israel.
    Created the movie (and made slight color improvements) using Wondershare Filmora.
    Have not used the Bandit Studio app yet.

[video]

Mod edit: Embedded the video for better viewing.
    wisniak wrote:
    Flying in northern Israel.
    Created the movie (and made slight color improvements) using Wondershare Filmora.
    Have not used the Bandit Studio app yet.

YouTube saying the video is not available. Looking at the rest of your Videos, love the flying
    Hmmm
    Just checked, the fideo opens w/o any problems...

Here's the link again

wisniak wrote:
    Hmmm
    Just checked, the fideo opens w/o any problems...

Here's the link again

Opened for me this time. Now feeling air sick :)
    [video]

Drove up a local mountain/hill. there is a TV mast at the top
  • banditbennUKbanditbennUK Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Here's mine with music courtesy of youtube, apparently my choices were against copyright laws

[video]

Can someone also please let me know why the video link doesn't like my youtube link, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Ben,

Your link looks like a shortened one which our forum doesn't support. I got the full link and fixed it for you :D

Thanks for sharing your video! That looks like fund :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • banditbennUKbanditbennUK Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi Ben,

Your link looks like a shortened one which our forum doesn't support. I got the full link and fixed it for you :D

Thanks for sharing your video! That looks like fund :D

Cheers, Mikko

Thanks Mikko and I now understand about the YouTube link.

We had a great time and aside from the moisture (and sound....) the camera was great. I'm guessing the microphone being next to the lens and having small slits in the lens cover won't help when moving from a warm to a cold environment, perhaps the mic is located in the wrong place?

Anyway, watching the video again makes me smile and brings back good memories and I'm off skiing again over Easter and will see what new footage I can get.
    Flight from LLRS to LLSO (Shomrat airstrip) in Northern Israel, along the Meditrerranean Sea coast.
    [video]
    Flight from LLRS to LLBR to LLUR to LLRU[video] and back to LLRS, in southern Israel.
    In the 1st (left) video, picture quality was enhanced using Wondershare Filmora.
    In the 2nd (right) video - it's standard unedited Bandit video.

Note that there seems to be a problem with video quality when filming the plowed fileds. The video wavers a little as if the camera tries to lock onto a target (furrow) but can't make up its mind...
    This is not the 1st time I see this.
    Chris - can you please update the dev team?
  • KMTVKMTV Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    If this doesn't work, please feel free to delete... It should be the video which can be seen on my facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/OverdriveMotorsportUK/

Update : It didn't work - but a link to the latest video made with the bandit is here : https://www.facebook.com/OverdriveMotorsportUK/posts/1047250261964128
  • Steve The PirateSteve The Pirate Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Aussie Aussie Aussie!

So I've only published 2 videos so far.

From Sydney's Inner West, Ashfield, to Kiama on South Coast NSW.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-0qC_0FuLg[/video]
    Filmed with my TOMTOM Bandit in 1 time lapse video. Edited entirely in Bandit Studio.

Armidale NSW to Scone NSW (About half of my trip to Sydney, The rest of my video files failed)
    [video]
    Filmed over a number a TomTom Bandit takes. Clips stitched and over lay added in Bandit Studio, Music added with final cut.

For long trips, I have been using the USB charge cable and a Battery secured in my motorcycles waterproof magnetic tank bag.
    I plan to install a USB outlet on my bike at some point, but for now, this works great.
    Turns out that the problem I was trying to describe in called the Moire effect. This effect occurs mainly when shooting elements with line patterns or lines too close together. These lines interfere with the sensor's pixel grid, thus creating an unpleasant effect to sight. The use of Anti Aliasing filters in the camera sensor r solves this issue.

Chris, I suggest you take this the the Dev team for future versions.
  • ChaliceChalice Posts: 13 [Master Explorer]
    A small video from my ski holiday created with Bandit Studio.
    [video]
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgcSqcLB-MU[/video]

Quick test TimeLapse on an Ikea Timer