Map Corrections- M62 (or M60)/E20

GattGatt Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 29 in Archived Discussions
Took me a while to suss out what this was as it's only just started displaying (and saying it)

Apparently, its the International E-Road network (Route 20)

Now, whilst this is all very interesting - how do I turn it off??

Comments

• Ellie56Ellie56 Posts: 21 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I agree entirely.
    Why on earth has TomTom decided that it's a good idea to add the European route numbers to the latest maps?
    What a complete waste of time
    M6 now appears as M6/E05.
    Please give us the option to turn this off or remove it completely as the spoken instructions are now somewhat confusing.
  • stusmartstusmart Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I agree with this too. UK maps should not have on the European route numbers. I could understand if I was using the European maps but seeing as I'm not and we're paying it for it could you please add a feature to remove the European route numbers.
  • PalfermanPalferman Posts: 63 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Yes I noticed it as well,the M4 has become the E30 after the recent map update. But look on the bright side if you ever wanted to plan a trip from Shannon (Ireland) to St. Petersburg (Russia) then the E20 is the only place to be!!!.
  • MvanAkenMvanAken Posts: 459 TomTom Employee
    Can someone provide a picture of the E numbers on the map? I can't reproduce this in my tablet setup, most likely it's a pnd implementation.
    This is on my Go 5000
    They also appear on the Map Share Reporter on a Apple iPad, see attached.
    How strange that they don't appear on your tablet device !!1b224603-8cb4-4c54-b895-5daee3055007.png
    Thanks, I'll forward the info to our map team in Taipei.
  • OpenpaddlerOpenpaddler Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is there an update on this? When are we getting rid of the meaningless E routes in the UK - before Christmas hopefully?
  • cjay2412cjay2412 Posts: 127 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    think we will have to wait for the next map update before these silly rout numbers go
    It's map data, so if it is decided to remove it, it'll be done in the next map release.
  • baltutisTTbaltutisTT Posts: 119 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Why Tomtom show different information?

Tomtom Mapshare Reporter show only M road number without E road number:
    f996898a-19b3-40a6-921e-64f9174e5945.png

Tomtom Route planner too show only M road number:
    ea904df6-14ff-4ce8-8ba6-c2e4beae2567.png

Tomtom device show both numbers (UK and European):
    e27b179f-549b-41c3-8da7-a3ed35ead0c4.png

I think Tomtom on website and devices must always show both Road numbers:

b974f988-7849-4c38-ac5a-1cb7a9a94588.png
  • baltutisTTbaltutisTT Posts: 119 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Another problem.
    Motorway in Ireland. M1/E01
    On website show only M1:

afd0c7d0-c8f2-4e37-942d-80cd6fb60456.png

Zoom in and start stow M1 and E01:

197147df-bc5c-47cb-b63a-362a11c811db.png

Zoom again. Show only M1:

2ba4f1f4-8f59-4b1d-80da-956b33b91154.png

Why road number (Local and European) shown separate?
  • BlueLillyBlueLilly Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just found this - how irritating! Signed up for a years update service yesterday, tried my new map today to discover it's full of meaningless E route numbers. Made a 4 hour car journey so confusing. At one point the computer voice couldn't read out all the road numbers so just stopped! What a waste of money that was signing up for the map updates.

When will the new release be? And will this function definitely be removed in that release? I do hope so as the UK map isn't fit for purpose now.
  • DiscoSiDiscoSi Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    ****CUSTOMERS LOST****
    +1

I recently updated my parents TomTom for them and they're so annoyed at the stupid, meaningless and dangerously confusing E numbers that they've gone out and bought a Garmin instead! Sorry TomTom, you should have thought this latest update through as I'm sure my parents aren't the only customers you'll loose over this. In my view, offering road information that isn't visible anywhere on the actual road signage is dangerous and could cause users to hesitate or end up in other dangerous situations!!
  • Steve ASteve A Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hopefully this will be removed very soon, totally agree its of no use
  • BennettSBennettS Posts: 9 [Neophyte Traveler]
    As an HGV driver using the Pro 5150 this new update is highly distracting and downright dangerous.
    I also have a Tomtom Rider for when I am out on my motorbike and am reluctant to update this until Tomtom sort it out.
  • DiscoSiDiscoSi Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    There was an issue with one of the quarterly map updates earlier this year or last year (can't recall exactly), where place pronunciations like Birmingham were messed up. Tom Tom issued a revised update for that outside of the normal quarterly cycle so should do so this time too!!
  • cjay2412cjay2412 Posts: 127 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    but this isnt a fault the e numbers have been deliberately incorporated in to the maps but as said above it is idiotic to include route numbers not signed anywhere the route may be called e## but if it is not signed as such the information is irrelevant for the driver
  • wotnosnowwotnosnow Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I agree, we need clear, succinct information both spoken and on screen. Adding European road designations that aren't shown on any road sign (that I'm aware of) in the UK is just downright misleading and confusing. The memory required for map updates is valuable and we don't want it taken up with meaningless garbage.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback!

We'll add this to our report to the product team. I'll keep you posted about this.

Cheers, Mikko
  • RobsterRobster Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Hi. I'd like to add my vote to get rid of the E-numbering that has recently appeared on UK TomTom map updates. It is of no use in the UK, where no road signs display E numbering. It's confusing and dangerous. Good cartography should be clear, uncluttered and unambiguous.
  • DrEJFDrEJF Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I totally agree with everyone else in this thread - please remove the E numbers. I've just had a very confusing drive home from visiting friends. The E numbers mean nothing to us is the UK, please just stick with the UK road labelling system - motorway and road numbers. Thanks!
  • jbbjbb Posts: 91 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I also agree with everyone else, totally pointless.
  • anthony53anthony53 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It is really annoying! M4/E30 gets on one's nerve!
    Removal of the official European route numbers for the UK is planned for the 970 maps (965 maps are already being build and tested).
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online25

25 Guests