New v960 maps available for download — TomTom Community

New v960 maps available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
edited January 30 in News and announcements
Hi all,

We've just released the new v960 maps and they are available for purchase in the mapshop and for download in MyDrive Connect and TomTom HOME for those with a running subscription.

[h1]What's new in this release?[/h1]
[h2]GO and START 40, 50, 60 series / GO 400, 500, 600 / 5000, 6000[/h2]
  • Iceland is added to the Europe map
[h3]New map zones/areas[/h3]
  • Two extra zones for the USA CAN MEX map for GO AND START 40, 50, 60 SERIES / GO 400, 500, 600:
    - USA_Canada_with_US_Midwest_buildings
    - USA_Canada_with_Canada_Alaska_buildings
  • Map zones introduction for:
    - Europe (Carminat)
    - United_States (Devices with 2 GB internal memory updated with TomTom HOME)
[h1]To be released soon[/h1]
[h2]GO and START 40, 50, 60 series / GO 400, 500, 600 / 5000, 6000[/h2]
  • Africa (v961 was released 12/1/16)
  • China
[h2]GO 800, 1000, 2000 series / Via series / Start 20 and 60 Series[/h2]
  • China
  • India

[h2]Trucker 6000 and PRO series[/h2]
  • USA_Canada_TRUCK (v961 for PRO series and v962 for Trucker series was released 12/01/16)
  • USA_Canada_and_Mexico_truck v 9.60 for PRO devices was released 12/01/16
[h2]TomTom Camper&Caravan[/h2]
  • Europe Camper v960 (v956 released in this update) (v960 was released 28/01/16)
  • USA_Canada_Camper (v961 was released 12/01/16)
Drive safe!

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,062 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Iceland is also on the Europe map for the GO Mobile app.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,566 Superuser
    Iceland is NOT on the NAV3 or NAV2 Europe maps
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,020 Superusers
    Yes, but Mikko also mentioned it at the NAV4 part of the announcement. It is not available for NAV3 and NAV2, but I suppose it is only a matter of time. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel :)
  • MvanAkenMvanAken Posts: 459 TomTom Employee
    Iceland will not be available in NAV3 and NAV2 maps.
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,020 Superusers
    Wow...that's not something that most of "us" wanted to hear.
  • RegulatorRegulator Posts: 53 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    The map update is now at 91% after 5 hours. Can someone at TomTom please explain why it takes so long to overwrite some data on the flash memory?
  • antientantient Posts: 37 [Legendary Explorer]
    The estimates given by My Drive Connect for the time left to install a map on the device are bizarre.

I understand why download times from the servers can vary, because parameters during the download can change, since there are unpredictable outside factors such as network congestion and server load, but once the download is complete, such things shouldn't influence the timing.

It's harder to understand why copying the map from the hard drive to the TomTom isn't a smooth steady process. The estmated time left to complete fluctuates wildly throughout the installation, frequently jumping from e.g. 59 minutes to more than 2 hours, and then back down to 57 minutes, all in a matter of one or two minutes.

When I installed the map yesterday My Drive Connect was the only foreground process on an i5 Windows system, the CPU usage was around 10% and the hard drive activity was almost all ascribed to My Drive Connect.

Why does the predicted time jump around so wildly under such circumstances?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,207 Superusers
    The software is crappy? :?
  • baltutisTTbaltutisTT Posts: 120 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Think there problem with your broadband speed or USB connection speed.
    My broadband speed over 50 Mb/s and around 20 minutes take do download last maps (over 6GB) and 30 - 35 minutes to copy maps from PC to GPS device (use USB 2.0).
    Tried update 955 maps to 960 and formatted memory card and installed 960 maps. There no difference between update 955 to 960 and clean 960 map install. In both cases update take around 30 - 35 minutes to copy maps from PC to GPS device.
    If not enough free space in the C disk (need minimum 8 GB) sometimes update working very slow, but there PC (not Tomtom) problem.
  • antientantient Posts: 37 [Legendary Explorer]
    My broadband speed is 66Mb/s, but in any case I already ruled that out when said I that the time prediction fluctuations occur AFTER the complete update has been downloaded, while the map is being transferred to the TomTom.

The PC is a Samsung DP700AD i5 Touch Screen desktop running Windows 8.1, there is more than 600Gb of free space on the C: drive, my GO 5000 is on a USB 2.0 connection. My Drive Connect is the only application running on an otherwise idle computer.

The map copy took around an hour, but the time estimates were fluctuating wildly throughout that process.

Any other ideas?
  • parsd51parsd51 Posts: 183 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    @antient

I have similar experiences as you have. I don't think the actual time changes, but when it jumps up to e.g. 2 hours it counts down by 5-10 seconds pr second.
  • kieronkieron Posts: 337 Superusers
    Downloaded and installed to both devices - no problems.
    macOS Mojave 2017 4K ~ Norton Internet Security 2019
    Go Live 825 & Go 5100 ~ latest maps.
  • j_roger_newj_roger_new Posts: 219 [Supreme Navigator]
    I have a GO750 Live. Update is reporting that my maps are up to date but that is not yet v960. Any ideas?

Note - I have just checked my saved emails which confirms my memory, map service was renewed for 12 months on 21 July earlier this year.
    Call support tomorrow to straighten things out:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • j_roger_newj_roger_new Posts: 219 [Supreme Navigator]
    I have a GO750 Live. Update is reporting that my maps are up to date but that is not yet v960. Any ideas?

Note - I have just checked my saved emails which confirms my memory, map service was renewed for 12 months on 21 July earlier this year.

I have just plugged my device back in again to update a route and the maps are now updating! Perhaps the log-in on here to post the above message reset something in the system. Anyhow all sorted now.
  • camper_davecamper_dave Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    So when will TomTom Camper & Caravan v960 actually be released??? Why is this product apparently now receiving second class support???
  • justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,094 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Apparently there's a new Argentina_and_Uruguay v960_7227 coming out shortly??

PS I think post #1 proabably needs updating/editing with the CURRENT situation regarding 960 maps too?
  • Simes8367356Simes8367356 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Will the new v960 maps be made available for the Start 25? I could really use the maps of Iceland.
    Not for the older models, apparently.
    Thanks, but older model? It's still on sale with lifetime maps. It's a bit of a shocker to discover that Western Europe doesn't include Iceland. Bah!
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

I updated the OP with some maps that were released yesterday.

Cheers, Mikko
    @MikkoK aren't you the OP?
  • justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,094 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    @MikkoK aren't you the OP?

Original Post rather than Original Poster I guess
    Doh!
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

I updated the announcement again as the EU camper map (v960) is now out :D

Cheers, Mikko