Spark Update Suggestions - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Spark Update Suggestions

2»

Comments

• adammiarkaadammiarka Posts: 35 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Please add the ability for silent alarms. Also it would be nice to have alarms for certain days, not everyday. Don't want to wake up at 4:15am everyday! :D
  • funkysven4funkysven4 Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Second the post about a countdown timer. Don't believe that this would be hard to implement and opens the watch up to more users who require the ability to track an activity and notification by length of time without needing to look at the watch directly
  • DM1926DM1926 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm comming from Jawbone products and i really miss some things about alarms, such as, the ability to configure them without beep (just vibration), and the posibility to configure as much as you like on day/recursive basis,

At this point it would be great if we can set alarms to wake up in the best moment using the watch sleep monitoring capabilites.
  • andy2015andy2015 Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    +1 silent alarm.
    Suggestion, add 3 options:
    1) gentle (short vibrations, increase duration over 30 seconds)
    2) normal silent (vibration only)
    3) noisy (vibration & sound like current alarm)
  • csqrdcsqrd Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    1) Fix treadmill calibration
    2) Enhance audio alerts (i.e. at least lap pace, total time and distance at customizable distances)
    3) Better music controls ( for us podcast and audio book listeners it would be great for the watch to start where you left off after a run. At present you have to start at the beginning with no way to fast forward).
  • philipo22philipo22 Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    With runkeeper every km you would get while you are running an update, voice controlled, the average pace, how much distance you walked etc.
    It would be great if you would have something like that also in the watch.
    You already hear when you start a run a voice saying ready to go. So that would not be too difficult to implement I would assume.
  • dermbriandermbrian Posts: 95 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I'm very happy with my watch after the latest update. I'd still like to see the following:

A. An option to display the battery indicator on the watch face.
    B. An optional audible alert, even if its a simple beep, in the earphones at the splits...like the new mile/km split, work or rest interval end, selected split distance, etc. The vibration can be hard to notice in certain circumstances.

Yes, I would like a lot more features like complete spoken pace, distance, total time and such at splits, but seriously there is no perfectly tailored-to-Brian GPS watch out there and what the Spark is now pretty fine.

TomTom still has a lock on mp3 playback. The next Androidwear watches will probably offer that. But i really do not want my watch to last "most of a day" and love how long a charge lasts on my Spark. Also, there may never be many mp3 GPS watches, since the music industry is moving away from downloads.

My shiny new Galaxy 7 Edge syncs reliably with MySports. My Bluetooth headphones work fine. I have almost no reason to comevto the forums anymore, so I just wanted to reinforce those two suggestions and let TomTom know I'm becoming one of the quieter, happier customers.

Brian
  • troppolonetroppolone Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    A) Cadence : in running mode I like to see how much step per minute I' m doing in real time.
    B) Pace average of current lap : now I can see it only in the Big numbers; if it's possibile to see it in the left or right littles numbers.
    C) See Hr 24/7 without other goals like steps, sleep or calories.

Thank's
  • FrancszaFrancsza Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Some features I'd like to see. I use mine primarily for Crossfit.
    1. +1 for the countdown timer
    2. Tabata timer
    3. Adjustable 24/7 HR measurement intervals. Not just the default 10 minutes.
    4. I know the integrated HR monitor has reading problems during weight exercises, so I would like to be able to edit certain points after I uploaded them, maybe in the web interface or phone app.
  • mykaczmykacz Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi all Spark users!

Here are some my update suggestions for swim mode especially:

1. Bug needs to be fixed: the Spark shows different swimming distances depends on the view.
    Details: When I click to see the history of activity there is a distance 1 km. When I click to see the details my distance is 1,3 km. After transfer the activity to MySports, the distance is 1,33 km. But the real distance is 1,3 km (52 x 25 meters pool).
    2. Suggestion: please add “open-water” swim mode with active GPS.
    3. Suggestion: when choose the training target time for example 45 minutes or training target distance 1,5 km at the pool, the time or the pool distances counting should be automatically stopped when achieved the target.
    4. Suggestion: vibration alert should be strongest when achieved the target. It is very difficult to feel this moment especially after swimming many distances at the pool.

Thanks!
  • VessVess Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Please give us more detailed sleep results - i had a jawbone up move, nothing fancy at all yet it's sleep tracking was more detailed than this.

Also, as I swim 3x a week and I don't go f or walks on my swim days, I'm feeling really demotivated with your fitness points. I understand you need to measure the heart rate, etc to earn fitness points but there could be some kind of token gesture maybe based on the time or kcal burnt or even just give us a star for trying rather than points. It just seems unfair to people who use swimming as their mode of training. Also the metrics seen on the watch for swimming are great but they aren't all seen in the app, such as swolf, etc.

Some way of locking it on the watch/clock screen as quite often I'll accidentally knock the button. Even if it's a press and hold to get off the clock screen.

Percent battery indicator on the clock screen. I have to check in the app to check if i have enough battery before planning training.

A way of disabling the backlight altogether, it keeps turning on at night when I don't want it to.

Thanks
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,184
    Superusers
    Vess wrote:
    Please give us more detailed sleep results - i had a jawbone up move, nothing fancy at all yet it's sleep tracking was more detailed than this.

Also, as I swim 3x a week and I don't go f or walks on my swim days, I'm feeling really demotivated with your fitness points. I understand you need to measure the heart rate, etc to earn fitness points but there could be some kind of token gesture maybe based on the time or kcal burnt or even just give us a star for trying rather than points. It just seems unfair to people who use swimming as their mode of training. Also the metrics seen on the watch for swimming are great but they aren't all seen in the app, such as swolf, etc.

Some way of locking it on the watch/clock screen as quite often I'll accidentally knock the button. Even if it's a press and hold to get off the clock screen.

Percent battery indicator on the clock screen. I have to check in the app to check if i have enough battery before planning training.

A way of disabling the backlight altogether, it keeps turning on at night when I don't want it to.

Thanks
    All good suggestions and none of them are likely to happen. Considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), we can safely assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over six months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves).

You can check the battery on the watch by going to About in the Settings menu.