Spark Update Suggestions — TomTom Community

Spark Update Suggestions

archalienarchalien Posts: 42 [Prominent Wayfarer]
1. Add Music Controls (in activity) use the same screen/controls as what is accessible from the home screen just add that to the top of the in activity views along w/ the left/right view stats.

2. Needs work of audio queues, when listening to music they are very jarring, they break workout flow. Instead of stopping music, lower volume of music and overlay audio update on top of it, use a fade in/out if this is not possible of both the music and the que, use alternate (shorter sounds clips like positive/neutral/negative beeps/tones to indicate que rather than what currently is being used.

3. TTBin's android app and desktop app dont use the same naming convention, activity, start time/date needs to be included. Right now multiple runs (on same day) on android are difficult to determine from each other or from other workouts.

4. Integate dropbox/googledrive/onedrive into both desktop and android app so that all ttbins can be synced to a single location since tomtom does not want to store them in their cloud for us.

5. Show current calibration factor being used for treadmill/other calibrated activities

6. Show more in depth sleep cycle monitoring

7. in lieu of a more advanced collection feature, allow for resting heart rate recording while asleep, , i.e. record heart rate 10 mins before a wakeup alarm.

8. Show start times of runs/treadmill runs in watch activity histyory(it shows them for weights activity)

Im sure Ill have more, this is just from first weeks limited usage.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi archalien,

Thanks for your feedback!

I'll forward it to the watch team.

Cheers, Mikko
  • alitehrani23alitehrani23 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Updating the activity tracker portion of the watch would be great as a lot of times it seems to be giving false information.

Also a beep or vibrate for every mile ran would be amazing!

One last thing, the calories don't show on the Weightlifting section on my Spark ($150 model) so adding an estimate of calories burned would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,184
    Superusers
    Updating the activity tracker portion of the watch would be great as a lot of times it seems to be giving false information.

Also a beep or vibrate for every mile ran would be amazing!

One last thing, the calories don't show on the Weightlifting section on my Spark ($150 model) so adding an estimate of calories burned would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

You can have it beep every mile by setting it to laps mode and selecting one mile for the lap. It will also add lap average pace and lap time to the main metrics.

I assume your model does not have a HRM in it since it is the base model and since calories are calculated based on HR how would it give you a calories count for weightlifting? If you pair an external HR strap it will give you calories but in the absence of HR data it has no way of estimating.
  • JCHOOJCHOO Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Please add option allowing user to reorder and/or delete data pages that can be cycled through during an activity.
  • alitehrani23alitehrani23 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you so much! I didn't know about the lap mode and for the HR, I think I will be investing in a strap soon!
  • archalienarchalien Posts: 42 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Need to refresh need to be able to correct treadmill distance after activity is completed, sometimes you forget, sometimes you push the button to cancel on accident, then you cant correct it, it gets uploaded to the web, and you cant change it, only delete it. that sucks.

Wouldnt be an issue if calibration worked though.....
  • pmacpmac Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Be really useful to be able to see the two smaller metrics at the the top of the screen instead of the bottom. When running you have that fraction longer to view the top of the watch.
  • SuperMac73SuperMac73 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, is there an indicative date when the next update will be released ?
    Many thx.
    Massimo
  • djlen_nydjlen_ny Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    1. I feel that for the huge bucks one pays for these watches, they don't offer much in return.
    (Apple watch is more expensive, but offers a WORLD of more features).

2. I believe they can add functionality to these watches, such as heartrate on the clock screen.

3. They should record "default daily activity" with heartrate that operates whenever the watch is being worn. This "default daily activity" should auto-detect GPS when available, yet still record motion activity when GPS is not available; it should detect if you're cycling, running or walking (or even driving your car) based on motion or GPS.

4. When in an activity, it would be nice to be able to see the time!! - I'm only new to this, so I'm not sure if this feature is available in activities. It appears to me, that if you want to see the time, you actually exit the current activity, then begin a new activity once you've checked the time.
    Superusers
    djlen_ny wrote:
    1. I feel that for the huge bucks one pays for these watches, they don't offer much in return.
    (Apple watch is more expensive, but offers a WORLD of more features).

2. I believe they can add functionality to these watches, such as heartrate on the clock screen.

3. They should record "default daily activity" with heartrate that operates whenever the watch is being worn. This "default daily activity" should auto-detect GPS when available, yet still record motion activity when GPS is not available; it should detect if you're cycling, running or walking (or even driving your car) based on motion or GPS.

4. When in an activity, it would be nice to be able to see the time!! - I'm only new to this, so I'm not sure if this feature is available in activities. It appears to me, that if you want to see the time, you actually exit the current activity, then begin a new activity once you've checked the time.

To see the time, just press up on the button, it is the top metric in the list.
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    To see the time, just press up on the button, it is the top metric in the list.

Thx for that ~ you're correct. All we need now is requests #2 and #3 to be addressed
  • mvlmvl Posts: 3,150
    Superusers
    Before you move right to "go" in an activity, move down instead and go to the metrics menu. You can set two items to always show small in the activity. And as noted earlier you can move up/down mid activity to choose what show big.

So you can see three items of your choice, however you customize.
    mvl wrote:
    Before you move right to "go" in an activity, move down instead and go to the metrics menu. You can set two items to always show small in the activity. And as noted earlier you can move up/down mid activity to choose what show big.

Thanks mvl ..this also clarifies a lot.
    I'd still like for these watches to record "daily activity" by default - without having to mess with them..
    Also, I'd like to see if anybody is using them in conjunction with MapMyRide or Apple Health
    Superusers
    djlen_ny wrote:
    mvl wrote:

Thanks mvl ..this also clarifies a lot.
    I'd still like for these watches to record "daily activity" by default - without having to mess with them..
    Also, I'd like to see if anybody is using them in conjunction with MapMyRide or Apple Health

You can use MapMyRide, just add it as an upload to the Connect software (you actually add MapMyFitness as they are all the same back end). You can't stream to the app as the watch is a receiver and passive transmitter, it does not transmit HR data in real time just as an upload (the battery would be done in not time if it did). Apple Health is supposedly coming but that is also an issue of Apple's implementation requirements.

I think activities by default is an interesting idea but I imagine it would be tough to implement well. When I do an activity I want it to start and end at a specific time, not when the watch thinks I am ready to start or am done. It is all of two clicks to start an activity so it never bothered me.
  • ToboeToboe Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This planned stake category or rollerblade ?
    Thank you!
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    I think activities by default is an interesting idea but I imagine it would be tough to implement well. When I do an activity I want it to start and end at a specific time, not when the watch thinks I am ready to start or am done. It is all of two clicks to start an activity so it never bothered me.

At age 61, it would be nice to have a heart rate monitor working all the time whether turned onto an activity or not. It would also be nice to know how many steps one takes, or how far one walks in a day. I know that in my work, I walk about 16-19klm, but that's all in a building where GPS is not available, so if it could autodetect and use GPS if available in this "default activity" and record heart rate as well, then the watches will approach being worth what we paid for them.
    Superusers
    djlen_ny wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:

At age 61, it would be nice to have a heart rate monitor working all the time whether turned onto an activity or not. It would also be nice to know how many steps one takes, or how far one walks in a day. I know that in my work, I walk about 16-19klm, but that's all in a building where GPS is not available, so if it could autodetect and use GPS if available in this "default activity" and record heart rate as well, then the watches will approach being worth what we paid for them.

They are supposed to be implementing 24/7 HR monitoring soon per Ray Maker. The activity tracker already tells you how many steps and distance each day.
    This is great news RE: 24/7 HR monitoring - I hope they will include the HR on the clock screen - the clock digits don't have to be so big wasting valuable watchface real estate - could get more important info on the screen as well as the clock/date etc..

Does this activity tracker post to the MySports page? (not sure if I get it) ..for yesterday, it only shows my 30k bike ride; no steps/distance info

On my iPhone, I use Accupedo (extremely reliable) which records and stores all my walking activity but one would have a more comprehensive idea if multiple sources were recording and storing this info..
  • one gearone gear Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would like to have the HR show on the clock screen or have the clock show on the other screens whether it is any of the activities or any of the HR screens. Also, when the data is downloaded onto our webpage, I would like a time associated with the HR. Also, If I remember correctly, if I am surfing through my HR screens, it puts my activity at pause, whereas I will need to restart the activity. I believe this could be eliminated by my suggested in the first sentence of this paragraph because I wouldn't have to scroll to see what my HR is. Overall, I love being able to listen to the music via the watch. I am using the Plantronics Backbeat Fit headphones which are easy to use with the watch.
  • SimverSimver Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    The Spark/runer2 is an Activity-Tracker also. Using everyday would be useful to be able to enter more alarm clocks. To improve the vibration,is terrible now (good is like MiBand,pulse).
  • Brian SatoerBrian Satoer Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

I used to have a Fitbit tracker but now I switched to the Runner2/Spark.
    There are some things I really miss which can be possibly added very easily.

1. The alarm vibrates and beeps. I like it when the watch wakes me up using the vibration so my partner doesn't wake up. So it would be great to have an option to enable/disable the beep.
    2. There is currently only one alarm possible. A few more would be great.
    3. The sleep monitoring is not really accurate. I found that in most cases it tends to show more minutes than I really slept. What I really loved about the Fitbit tracker is that it showed me the quality of my sleep. So I could so how restless I slept and it even showed small indicators where I woke up (for going to the toilet).
    4. Most important is the phone notifications. But I understood that those are coming.
    5. When I look at my steps off the day the circle doesn't change. It would be nice if that showed the day percentage of the goal.
    6. The band is ok but somewhat more plastic than rubbery. It would be great to have some variations on the materials of the band.
    7. Different clock designs would be very nice. Now we only have the digital clock version.
  • smileynvpsmileynvp Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The watch needs a countdown timer that beeps or vibrates when done. I am a personal trainer and would love to use this watch to time clients' rests. I need one device that I can run with, track activity and use when I am working.
  • littlebitsylittlebitsy Posts: 12 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I would really like to second the suggestion for the ability to skip tracks, if not more music control DURING activity. This is really annoying and makes the music function seem really primitive and basic for how much the watch costs.
  • TTChrisTTChris Posts: 964 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for the ongoing feature requests and feedback. I'll make sure it is all passed on to the watch team for consideration in a future software update. Please do keep it coming :)

Cheers,
    Chris
  • straminostramino Posts: 15 [Legendary Explorer]
    I Love my Runner2 Cardio + Music, but I have some other suggestions:

1. possibility to calibrate swimming distance after or during the swim. Since measurement of the laps while swimming in the pool is not accurate, probably because of my technique not precise, it would be nice to calibrate during the swim or immediately after, the actual distance traveled. This is because otherwise both of Tomtom Mysports and other services like Strava, give an incorrect response of the training just did, without the opportunity to correct it

2. Possibility to change the settings of the training zone during training. That is, for example, to change the pace zone from min. 5.25 max. 5.35 to min 5.10 max. 5.20 when i'm running if my training need it. So do not set up a training complex at first, but you can change values during training to customize it as needed