TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Music and headphones FAQs

Comments

• TroySchulerTroySchuler Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My wife bought the Runner 2 Cardio + Music for me when I ran the Lisbon Rock and Roll Half Marathon. I had seen the banner on the TomTom website and couldn't wait for the new watch to come out. I have been with TomTom since the original Runner came out, then upgraded to the Runner Cardio. I've dealt with the nuances and seen the company step into a niche that has been dominated by Garmin for years and for the most part they have faired well. But the BT issue with this watch is a huge Product Development/Quality Assurance fiasco. And it's the BT stack in the watch. I have a pair of MPow Seashells that I work out with. I take my iPhone 6s plus to the gym and I can walk 15-20 ft away from my phone before they start to lose connection, I can't get an arms length away from my watch before music drops out while on a run. I shouldn't have to wear my watch on a specific arm and I shouldn't have to buy recommended BT headphones. Also recently I noticed that when my watch vibrates there is an unusual rattle internally in the watch. Not happy with the build of this watch and really considering going back to the original Runner Cardio and sporting my iPod Shuffle like I did before.
  • msobralmsobral Posts: 130 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    My wife bought the Runner 2 Cardio + Music for me when I ran the Lisbon Rock and Roll Half Marathon. I had seen the banner on the TomTom website and couldn't wait for the new watch to come out. I have been with TomTom since the original Runner came out, then upgraded to the Runner Cardio. I've dealt with the nuances and seen the company step into a niche that has been dominated by Garmin for years and for the most part they have faired well. But the BT issue with this watch is a huge Product Development/Quality Assurance fiasco. And it's the BT stack in the watch. I have a pair of MPow Seashells that I work out with. I take my iPhone 6s plus to the gym and I can walk 15-20 ft away from my phone before they start to lose connection, I can't get an arms length away from my watch before music drops out while on a run. I shouldn't have to wear my watch on a specific arm and I shouldn't have to buy recommended BT headphones. Also recently I noticed that when my watch vibrates there is an unusual rattle internally in the watch. Not happy with the build of this watch and really considering going back to the original Runner Cardio and sporting my iPod Shuffle like I did before.

Yes, I can understand EXACTLY what you feel (I even bought two watches on that same race in Lisbon as you got yours!), and I am also terribly disappointed. Right now, it seems an update will be released soon (?) that should help a bit with the headphones issue. I'm just waiting to test it, before definitely throwing down the towel:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-runner-2-473/connecting-the-runner-2-to-the-headset-991369/index4.html#post1052508
  • GustavoPGustavoP Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Shenger wrote:
    My phone is Jabra Sports. My watch version is 1.1.19. Before the software version updated, they paired well. But now it is very hard to pair. The chance to pair them successfully is about 1/10. Very frustrating. I am buying a Plantronics BackBeat FIT. Hopefully it could work better. But anyway, I don't understand why TOMTOM team is not able to make things easier to use. Is the pair issue very hard to be resolved? So many people have the pair issue. And music is the highlight of this watch! I think TOMTOM is ruining the reputation!

I've the original headset. For no reason it stopped pairing with the watch after upgrading...

Simple resolution: Factory reset and it´s working as it should
  • CLB123CLB123 Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Goodness this is all so disappointing
    I've got the watch but I can't find Tom Tom headphones in stock anywhere inc Tom Tom direct. I'm guessing they're not making any more until problem resolved.
    I wear on my left wrist so will read up on recommendations but going by what I've read so far I'm feeling gutted splashing out so much money. The thought of restoring to factory settings & syncing problems fills me with dread. (I don't do technical stuff!)

Any links to suitable headphones which are easy to install & sync gratefully received
    Thanks in advance
    Ok I've been to maplins & currys & neither can help as apparently there's different types of Bluetooth & unless I buy I can't try. Neither stock earphones suggested by Tom Tom so I have a gadget which is useless.
    Where's Tom Tom commitment to sourcing earphones which guarantee to work which is readily available in high street shops cos at the moment I have been sold an item which I can not completely use

Gutted totally gutted
    CLB123 wrote:
    Any links to suitable headphones which are easy to install & sync gratefully received
    Thanks in advance

After noticing how 3 pair of headphones that I owned did not "please" the Spark, I purchaed a pair of Mpow Swift and these have been decent enough and work with the Spark. Please keep in mind they are not perfect, and I still notice sometimes - not always - slight dropouts when running, specially before my body is warm (I have no idea why that is)...

Here's a link to Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphones-Sweatproof/dp/B00NZTHGN2

I have run a half-marathon in 2h05m, and both the watch and the headphones lasted the race.
    CLB123 wrote:
    Ok I've been to maplins & currys & neither can help as apparently there's different types of Bluetooth & unless I buy I can't try. Neither stock earphones suggested by Tom Tom so I have a gadget which is useless.
    Where's Tom Tom commitment to sourcing earphones which guarantee to work which is readily available in high street shops cos at the moment I have been sold an item which I can not completely use

Gutted totally gutted

Please see my reply above, if it helps.
  • Manuel CGManuel CG Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    finally, i have had to buy the mpow swift. Thanks for your comments, cause it works perfectly. Great sound and great compatibility in either wrist, i have put my watch far from me and the earphones responses to a 6 meters distance as well. :D

However, i have not anything to thank to the tom-tom company. They have not been able to resolve the issue.

Mpow swift is a good solution, really.
    Thanks
    I didn't want to order online in case they didbt work.
    I went to an independent running shop and got some on the agreement if they didn't sync I could get a refund which currys & maplins wouldn't do

They're friggin awesome :)
    I got aftershokz Bluez 2s

And cos they don't sit in my ear apparently I can wear to races
  • funkysven4funkysven4 Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Just grabbed the Spark Cardio+Music. Hope in one of the updates soon they can make an easier way to upload music to the watch. Making playlists in WMP seems such an archaic way to do this. Surely you should be able to just drag and drop music in to a folder on the watch itself.
  • SpeakupSpeakup Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I just upgraded the firmware to v120 and Jam Fusion HX-EP255 paired instantly now (lots of trouble before) and very smooth playback. Still need to run outside, but looks very promising!!!

Thanks Tomtom for fixing this!!
  • ou999ou999 Posts: 74 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I'm trying to put music on my watch. However, I'm not using Windows Media Player or Itunes: I prefer foobar.
    I can export playlist (as m3u, m3u8 or fpl). Where should I put them so MySports will see them?

Update:
    I figured out:
    - First, set the music playlist directory by right clicking on the watch icon in the taskbar > Settings > Music tab > set directory
    - Export your playlist as m3u8 from foobar to that directory
    - Rescan in MySports
  • JanrunnerJanrunner Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    I am now on my 5th Jaybird BT headset(they're really that good), they work very well with my Spark Cardio + Music. The only problem I have is the MyConnect app, it has a very bland interface and adding music via playlists is a hit or miss proposition. I really hope TT techs improve on this, as the main reason I bought this watch is because I want to run with music without a bulky phone or an mp3 player to distract me from running with the added weight.
    ou999 wrote:
    I'm trying to put music on my watch. However, I'm not using Windows Media Player or Itunes: I prefer foobar.
    I can export playlist (as m3u, m3u8 or fpl). Where should I put them so MySports will see them?

Update:
    I figured out:
    - First, set the music playlist directory by right clicking on the watch icon in the taskbar > Settings > Music tab > set directory
    - Export your playlist as m3u8 from foobar to that directory

- Rescan in MySports

followed your suggestion Sir! You have saved me a lot of heartburn. Thank you very much!!:)
    msobral wrote:
    CLB123 wrote:
    Thanks in advance

After noticing how 3 pair of headphones that I owned did not "please" the Spark, I purchaed a pair of Mpow Swift and these have been decent enough and work with the Spark. Please keep in mind they are not perfect, and I still notice sometimes - not always - slight dropouts when running, specially before my body is warm (I have no idea why that is)...

Here's a link to Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphones-Sweatproof/dp/B00NZTHGN2

I have run a half-marathon in 2h05m, and both the watch and the headphones lasted the race.

My Jaybird earbuds paired instantly and hasn't failed me yet.
  • Pebbles09Pebbles09 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Explorer]
    My jaybirds arent working anymore! What happened?!
  • runningdocrunningdoc Posts: 24 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Finally gave up on successfully pairing the Jaybird X2s to the TomTom Spark Cardio + Music, and went with the Bluebuds X that are definitely supposed to work. They paired successfully the first time, and since then I would estimate maybe 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 times I try they successfully pair. What a fiasco! TomTom should be embarrassed to have put this product out as anything other than a beta test.

Any suggestions form other customers? Customer service has been fairly useless.
  • Pebbles09Pebbles09 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I did a factory reset, my jaybird pair fine now
  • SimcapSimcap Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have just upgraded from 1.1.19 - 1.2.0 and now my headphone won't connect. They work on all other devices. Please help. Or can I revert back to 1.1.19?
  • alehelalehel Posts: 143 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    For those looking for headphones that will work, get the Urbanista Boston. Not to expensive, and the bluetooth reciever is located behind your neck, so it won't matter if the watch is on your left or right hand.

Secondly, does anyone know how to find the playlist files generated by Groove Music on windows 10? I buy mp3 from windows store, and make playlists in Groove, but can't figure out where the playlist gets stored.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,547 Superusers
    alehel wrote:
    For those looking for headphones that will work, get the Urbanista Boston. Not to expensive, and the bluetooth reciever is located behind your neck, so it won't matter if the watch is on your left or right hand.

Secondly, does anyone know how to find the playlist files generated by Groove Music on windows 10? I buy mp3 from windows store, and make playlists in Groove, but can't figure out where the playlist gets stored.

Groove Music may not make supported playlists. If you are not using Windows Media Player or iTunes then you need to create an .m3u or .m3u8 playlist file (various music programs do this - check Groove) and then set the Playlist Root Folder from the 'Music' tab of the 'Settings' window (right-click on the watch icon in the system tray). The playlist root folder is searched (and sub-directories) for any .m3u/.m3u8 playlist files and those will be listed (along with any Windows Media Player/iTunes playlists) by MySports Connect when you connect your watch. The MySports Connect application talks to Windows Media Player and iTunes (if they are installed) to query the playlists you have created. The iTunes library can be located anywhere on Windows. MySports Connect parses the iTunes preferences file to obtain the location of the library. The default location for the XML is your iTunes folder in your Music folder.

If using iTunes, check that iTunes is set to share libraries. You need to click the dropdown at the very top left and select Preferences. On the Advance tab, make sure there is a check next to "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications".
  • mcsivamcsiva Posts: 27 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi all,
    My spark cardio music plays music, from the first song on the Playlist, every day. Why do sent it start from the last song?
    Any ideas please
    Cheers
    Chris
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,547 Superusers
    mcsiva wrote:
    Hi all,
    My spark cardio music plays music, from the first song on the Playlist, every day. Why do sent it start from the last song?
    Any ideas please
    Cheers
    Chris

Unfortunately it does not remember the last track played. Some users have stated that If you stop the music playback on your watch after your previous activity the next time you start an activity it start playing from the beginning of the track in the playlist that was playing last but I have not found this to be the case. I think switching playlists or making any other changes to the music resets it. Better music controls has been requested and hopefully they will add this soon but as of now it seems to restart from the beginning of the playlist. This is especially annoying if you listen to audiobooks with very long tracks.
  • ASmugDillASmugDill Posts: 550 [Apprentice Traveler]
    mcsiva wrote:
    Why do sent it start from the last song?
    Any ideas please
    I take it that your question is, “Why [doesn't] it start [playing next time] from the last [played] song?”, as opposed to anything to do with the actual last song in the playlist.

What happens if you:
    1. Switch off your headset (to terminate the Bluetooth connection) while music is playing on your watch – irrespective of whether it's in the middle of a tracked sports activity or at the clock screen; then
    2. Return to the clock screen, if the watch is not already showing it;
    3. Switch your headset back on; and
    4. From the clock screen, move up and pair your watch with your headset again.
    Which music track gets played immediately after the Bluetooth connection is made?
  • mcsivamcsiva Posts: 27 [Outstanding Explorer]
    For me it's from the first song on the Playlist. Bear in mind I'm on normal playing mods and not shuffle mode. In shuffle mode it starts of from the last part of the played song. So I'm using shuffle mode. But it does play track already played before, even though there are 425 songs in the Playlist.
    Thanks for your input. My mistake on the English.